Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 53 of 55
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2016 9:00pm | Report
If you absolutely need backlighting get a Ducky One TKL or a Ducky Mini

Also im pretty sure that you having a bad experience with the mionix naos doesn't warrant this "Mionix Naos 7000 - OH GOD NO; STAY AWAY. This grip is ****ing awful. Want your ring-finger to be scraping the mousepad? By all means; buy it. I haven't tried this exact model, but I've tried Qpad 5K, which is a mouse with an extremely similar grip.", especially since you haven't actually tried it and it's extremely popular mainly for its comfort
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2016 9:29pm | Report
Neither of the Duckies fulfill my requirement of not having unnecessary casing. Again: look at the pictures of the two I linked for an idea of what I mean by that.
Also im pretty sure that you having a bad experience with the mionix naos doesn't warrant [your complaints]
I think you need a lesson in human anatomy.

First look at this picture:
http://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-photo-back-right-hand-high-five-symbol-52299259.jpg

Note how the ring-finger is almost as long as the index/middle-finger (actual length varies, mine is exactly as long as my index-finger, but most peoples' are a few millimeters shorter than their index-fingers).

Now look at this image of Naos 7000:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/5181Lrh2L3L._SY355_.jpg

Note how the area where the ring-finger rests is significantly shorter than the area where your index/middle-fingers rest.

So, using basic logic and a basic understanding of human anatomy we can conclude that if not most people, at the very least people with large hands will have trouble with their ring-finger scraping the mousepad while using Naos.

This is of course assuming palm-grip, since that's the grip I'm using.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2016 9:41pm | Report
I have fairly large hands and ive been using the naos 8200 for over 2 years without any comfort issue, maybe you should actually try the mouse before bashing it instead of pasting a picture of a hand on top of it (or remember that not everyone holds their mouse the exact way you do which is apparantly very special because you have an issue with almost every mouse)
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2016 4:34am | Report
there should be something for you in the /r/mechanicalkeyboards buyer's guide.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/buying_guide
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2016 8:57am | Report
there should be something for you in the /r/mechanicalkeyboards buyer's guide.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/buying_guide

Oh damn. They have a section for "tenkeyless" keyboards (numpads are 16/17 keys tho lel).
That's incredibly useful. Thanks for the link.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2016 9:03am | Report
I have fairly large hands and ive been using the naos 8200 for over 2 years without any comfort issue, maybe you should actually try the mouse before bashing it instead of pasting a picture of a hand on top of it (or remember that not everyone holds their mouse the exact way you do which is apparantly very special because you have an issue with almost every mouse)

Of course. I've already stated my grip-style and what I use my mouse for. And for those usage scenarios the Naos is garbage.
Stop whining just because I'm criticizing something you like, you big baby :P
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2016 7:43pm | Report
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nVFK8K - what i have so far..
hi friends i need help building a pc.
budget is around 1k~.
I want to build a computer using the 1070. I'm not sure about the motherboard because I heard they really aren't that important so I'm willing to downgrade to fit my budget.
Any changes suggestions wanted.

Suggestions for monitors/keyboards/mousepads appreciated too. <3

mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2016 5:47am | Report
I added an ssd and the cheapest 1070: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/47cPnn
this build costs 1255$ though, so I brought it down to 1037: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9PbZf8
I changed the cooler, motherboard, ram and psu, and you can save a lot more if you don't overclock and get a non-k cpu.
Aside from having less potential for overclocking, it shouldn't really make any difference when gaming.
for a monitor, you want to look for a 1440p ips monitor.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2016 2:47pm | Report
I added an ssd and the cheapest 1070: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/47cPnn
this build costs 1255$ though, so I brought it down to 1037: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/9PbZf8
I changed the cooler, motherboard, ram and psu, and you can save a lot more if you don't overclock and get a non-k cpu.
Aside from having less potential for overclocking, it shouldn't really make any difference when gaming.
for a monitor, you want to look for a 1440p ips monitor.

thanks!
I have a few questions, why did you choose that motherboard over others ones?
Does brand matter when it comes to SSDs? I see people pick up Samsung in most cases.
When you said you found the cheapest 1070, compared to other 1070s what is this one lacking?
Can you recommend any 1440p ips monitors (affordable), that I should look into?

mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2016 3:19pm | Report
I picked the motherboard because it is cheap, has the z170 chipset and all the basic featuers

for SSDs, you should be looking at read/write speeds and the price. I picked this one because it is cheap and had a decent rating on pcpartpicker(I didn't really have much time so you should prohably do some proper research)
The 1070 I picked has what looks like a rebranded stock design(the cooler seems to be the same, the design has been changed slightly). The different versions of the 1070 have different fan designs(that means different sound levels and slightly different cooling performance) and sometimes different stock overclocks(you can pretty much ignore those, doing it yourself is pretty easy)
I don't really know how the monitor market currently looks like, but you are prohably looking at something along the lines of 200+$. the Acer G257HU looks pretty good for the price, but I don't really know if there is anything cheaper that has the same features.
Since you also asked about keyboard advice, you definitly want to get a mechanical one if you can afford it. I linked to a buying guide on /r/mechanicalkeyboards in this thread a couple of days ago.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide