Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Revoke the right to vote for people...

Creator: Pølsemanden March 23, 2013 8:59am
1 2
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 11:30am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Possible, I only heard about the election system somewhere, don't remember where though :P

Still worked for my argument nevertheless :D

Don't try to participate in discussions about things you hardly know anything about.
It's stupid..
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 12:03pm | Report
ITS A FREE COUNTRY MAN :O

I CAN DO WHAT I WUNT!
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Thalia Kael

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 12:10pm | Report
Funny how the free country criticizes everyone who isn't...wait, no, it's criticizing everyone.

See you later, armadillos! Unless I see you first!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2013 1:38pm | Report
you are basically asking what is the reach of democracy. In ancient Athens there was democracy and all citizens could vote. Citizens were MEN, with over 25 yo and must have had completed military service (as i remember).

the border is always between what you consider a person's rights and duties. My point of view is harsh on who should be allowed to vote, especially because who you vote for is vary tied to one's ignorance and lack of opinion (involving observation and logicaly valid thought processess).

In my point of view, it should be interest of any state to look after the well being of its population. In Europe this usually means free healthcare and education, among possibly other things. If you want such benefits can be your choice, of course. However, taking advantage of such services does not mean you should be deprived of enforcing your political opinions/views, even if they are the most obnoxious ones. otherwise it would merely be an elitist society, bordering asolutist monarchy, if I might say.

if people are educated they will have a very informed excercise of their political views. actually, if I'm allowed such comparison, the best judge is always the wisest. to be wise, you'll need, at least, education. Besides that is keeping yourself informed and knowing (I mean really knowing) who you are voting for.
Giving someone a power to vote is a power of speech with no answer, weighted instantaneously, and the reasoning behing such speech should be a result of heavy thought, which rarely is.

I'll give you the example of the last prime minister here in Portugal. He was a demagogue. He promised jobs, he promised computers for every student, he promised a country ahead of it's time. He had no ideas, no targets, just carisma and nice words. Words everyone wanted to hear. I didn't vote for him. Portugal is seriously indebted to the exterior with useless infrastructures and no industry. Started XXI century with 7% unemployment and expects 18% in 2015.

Who's fault is it? the parties for playing a bad game and the voters for letting them play.

oh, btw, he just got a contract for a show on his own in prime time... on the government channel.

Sig made by Tamy
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide