Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Starcrafts mod!

Creator: Searz May 29, 2015 11:58am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

10 posts - page 1 of 1
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 11:58am | Report

Jonathan (Carbot animation) is launching a crowdfunding campaign to fund the development of a mod he's been working on in his spare time for a while now.
I love his animation and watch his stuff even if I'm not that interested in Starcraft.
Throw a few bucks his way if you have some to spare.

Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 12:14pm | Report
Really nice idea, but he's asking for ridiculous amount of money from small community and dying game. There are more people playing agar.io than sc2, i doubt he will manage to raise funds.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 12:20pm | Report
I don't know what's worse: The fact that this guy has the nerve to ask for money to develop a really ****ty mod or the fact that you legitimately think this is worth supporting.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 12:42pm | Report
Vaan99 wrote:
Really nice idea, but he's asking for ridiculous amount of money from small community and dying game. There are more people playing agar.io than sc2, i doubt he will manage to raise funds.

He's raised almost 10% in about 4 hours. I don't think this will fail.

Besides, it's flexible funding. He will work on it until money runs out and then probably do the rest in his spare time, just like he's done up until now.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 12:48pm | Report
The fanboy crowd doesn't surprise me. They're going to be first and last on the funding scene.

This doesn't deserve the money it's asking for. Period.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 1:06pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
I don't know what's worse: The fact that this guy has the nerve to ask for money to develop a really ****ty mod or the fact that you legitimately think this is worth supporting.

So you're serious? I'm having trouble telling with you sometimes.

He makes it very clear what it is you're getting into and there is nothing fishy going on. I don't see why you have a problem with this.
Do you think he's asking for too much money?
I honestly don't know if the money he asks for is reasonable or not, but I do know for a fact that many crowdfunding campaigns over-promise and under-deliver. They ask for too little money to complete their promises and then deliver an unfinished product or fail to deliver one at all.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 1:09pm | Report
$75,000 to build that. Just. No. Nope. Nay.

That's very shoddy/quicky animation. There is no way in hell that it should deserve 75k to complete. Perhaps $5k tops. It's pretty insulting to the craft as a whole knowing he's demanding that much to complete such a half-baked project tbh.

He makes some pretty amusing/entertaining animations and he definitely should look into a patreon, but it's sort of a slap in the face to his fans and the craft knowing he's crowd funding this for that much. That's just wrong.

Now if it was a stand alone game.... then it'd be reasonable. But a mod? Hell-the****-no.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2015 2:47pm | Report
You might be right. It does seem a bit much.
Even if he gets maybe about 50,000$ after taxes and other fees involved it's still a pretty hefty budget.
Half that would probably be more reasonable.. I think.
It's hard to gauge. I don't live in the same country as he does nor do I have the same currency.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2016 3:42am | Report
WOW NECROMANCERS!
Sig made by me!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 27, 2016 4:39am | Report