Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Sui Generis - Physics-based RPG

Creator: Searz
November 28, 2012 8:42am
3 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Off Topic » Sui Generis - Physics-based RPG
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Searz » November 28, 2012 8:42am | Report
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473965863/sui-generis

I really like the idea.
For now it looks like wild flailing for the most part, but this is pre-ALPHA, so it's bound to improve a ****-ton before the game is finished.

I might be putting some money up in this ****.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Searz's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Rep: Esteemed (444)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Darcurse » November 28, 2012 11:12am | Report
Really interesting.

See some great potential, IF they succeed in creating a good (or simply BETTER) Diablo 2 that makes proper use of the physics engine:

- Torches not only to illuminate the place but to set things on fire.
- Knocking down a table to create a protection against ranged attacks.
- And so on.

Otherwise they could mess up pretty bad and making a bad D3 clone in which you can only play around with the stuff you'd normally destroy.

Problem I see atm:
With the 3rd Person View and a manual attack/parry/block system (which I do prefer ofc) I get the feeling that the game, no matter how well designed, will literally result in a dumb Hack&Slay, at least for the melee combat.

Edit:
Just seeing when this was launched... Could actually end up in not being realized/heavily cut down or delayed thanks to Kickstarter not reaching the goal.
Darcurse's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Darcurse
<Member>
Rep: Notable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by caucheka » November 28, 2012 2:46pm | Report
i heard about this game. havnt really looked into it because of the kickstarter craze.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
caucheka's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
caucheka
<Veteran>
Rep: Prominent (197)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!