Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

THANK YOU STEAM!...

Creator: Yukimaru April 2, 2012 12:38pm
37 posts - page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 6:11pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

Then why are you even pirating their games?
Either you think the games are worth playing, and you pirate it or buy it to play, or you think they're not worth playing and you won't even touch them.
If you pirate them is because you think they're worth playing,, and if you do why not buy them?

Not necessarily, it depends how much you value your money versus how much you want to play the game. There's plenty of games I sorta want to play or try out but don't have the money to go wasting on things.

For instance I probably would never have gotten LoL if it weren't free because I was only mildly interested in the game, but because it was free I tried it out and here we are today.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 6:24pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Not necessarily, it depends how much you value your money versus how much you want to play the game. There's plenty of games I sorta want to play or try out but don't have the money to go wasting on things.

For instance I probably would never have gotten LoL if it weren't free because I was only mildly interested in the game, but because it was free I tried it out and here we are today.

Not necessarily what? Your statement does not conflict with mine in any away, so why are you denying something and then giving a reason that has nothing to do with it?
Whether you have the money to buy it or not it won't change the fact that if you think the game is worth playing you'll buy it or pirate it and if you pirate a game it's because you think it's worth playing.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 6:26pm | Report
What I'm saying is I think some games are worth playing, but not worth playing enough to spend £40 on them. And I don't believe in pirating stuff so I don't do that either.

I don't rly want to start another argument with you about nothing since it never goes anywhere. :P
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 6:27pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I very rarely pirate games simply because I'm a little against it. EA is pretty much the only company I'd pirate from. Still, I hardly pirate. I've just pirated Mass Effect 2, and that's mostly because of all the DLC. I usually just refrain from buying games if I disagree with their sales model/whatever.

Zaeed and Kasumi were the only significant dlc for that game and were probably the only dlc worth it (10 dollars for 2 extra missions, 2 extra characters and 2 more specialty abilities, that's a lot of bang for your buck!). I thought both missions were really well done (especially Kasumi's mission) and were a lot of fun to play through. Compared for what you get for other DLC from other companies nowadays, this one gave your a lot for not that much. To top it off, the Mass Effect 2 DLC (other then for the two other characters) went free a while back ago. The only thing left to get that's DLC is the vanity stuff like extra skins, but even then, that's only 2 dollars.

Pirating ME2 (especially because bioware worked its *** off to make significant improvements to the ME franchise with that game) was generally sort of a **** move to bioware specifically, especially if this is over the fact that they have DLC. The DLC wasn't that much, didn't offer any changes to the main gameplay and you can pretty much survive without it. I don't know what qualifies as a lot of DLC in your mind, but ME 2 most certainly did not have that much DLC, aside from all the vanity skins. Hell, they deserve the 10 extra dollars for those 2 dlc packs because they were that well done in my mind and the game itself was way better then its predecessor. So jah, go back and buy the game along with the 2 extra characters. Great games deserve the money for the jobs they did well!
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 6:59am | Report
If I feel like it :P

A big part of why I pirated ME2 is because I was so disappointed after buying the first game.

And I think that's the only game I've pirated in over 2 years.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 12, 2012 7:56am | Report
BUT ME 2 WAS SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

It's like sex, except I'm having it!

i mean i have sex all the time.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Canoas
<Member>