Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 馃弳
's Forum Avatar

The Lord of the Rings: a Mafia Game!

Creator: Re4XN December 20, 2016 11:27am
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2016 11:27am | Report
The Lord of The Rings Mafia

Rules:

I) Votes must be bold and at the start / end of the post.
II) Lynches will happen if a majority is established (e.g.: for 14 players, 8 votes would be necessary to lynch a person).
III) If there is no majority there is no lynch.
IV) Nights have a 48 hours deadline.
V) Obviously play to win and with the spirit of the game in mind.
VI) AFK Players will die in a mysterious way after a full day without posting.
VII) Night actions are determined by the GOLDEN RULE, as quoted below.

The Golden Rule: Apply actions which modify other actions before the actions they modify. Example: if Sam roleblocks Aragorn, Aragorn will stay at home and unable to protect anyone. This means that when I PM Aragorn, I will tell him nothing but that someone has roleblocked him.

VIII) Mordor is only be able to kill one person per night.

Ring Rules:

I) The one who has The One Ring can turn himself invisible during the night, preventing ANYTHING from happening to them (they cannot be killed, be investigated or beaten up, for example), roleblocking themselves in the process.
II) If the one who has The One Ring is killed, the killer will steal The One Ring.
III) If someone is in possession of The One Ring for 3 consecutive days, they will succumb to its power and die except...
IV) Gollum and Mordor are immune to The One Ring's influence.
V) The one who has The One Ring may (and should) PM a mod to tell them who the next Ring-bearer should be.
VI) The One Ring cannot be destroyed unless Mordor has been defeated.
VII) The One Ring's ability cannot be used 2 nights in a row.
VIII) If a player, currently in possession of The One Ring is lynched they must choose the next Ring-bearer before dying.

Victory Conditions:

The Fellowship wins when the Forces of Mordor and Balrog are defeated AND The One Ring is destroyed.

The Forces of Mordor win when The Fellowship and Balrog are defeated AND they are in possession of The One Ring.

Gollum wins if he has The One Ring and keeps it for the remainder of the game AND Frodo is dead.

Balrog wins if The Fellowship is defeated and the Forces of Mordor are defeated. If Saruman or Nazg没l or Boromir are the remaining Mordor survivors (1vs1), Balrog wins by default. If Gandalf the Gray is the sole Fellowship survivor (1vs1), the Balrog is defeated.

Boromir MUST align himself with either The Fellowship or the Forces of Mordor in order to achieve victory. After aligning, refer to the respective victory condition. If unaligned by the end of the game, Boromir is defeated.

Roles:

Gandalf the Gray

ABILITIES: Visit a person every night and yell "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!", roleblocking them. If that person happens to be Balrog, both die. Gandalf will be resurrected after a day has passed as Gandalf the White, who keeps his roleblock.

ATTRIBUTES: Targets cannot use their night ability if visited by you. When resurrected, everyone will look to the East and know who you are.

you shall not pass

Legolas

ABILITIES: Visit a person each night to find clues about their roles.

ATTRIBUTES: None.

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome i am

Gimli

ABILITIES: Visit a person each night and beat them up, preventing them from voting the next day.

ATTRIBUTES: Target won't be able to vote the day after they get beaten up. Immune to roleblocks.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens

Frodo

ABILITIES: Visit a person each night to see who they visit.

ATTRIBUTES: Can't die unless Sam is dead (can still be lynched). If person visited is Gollum and he is in possession of The One Ring, you will take it away from them.

sam does everything, i get the credit

Sam

ABILITIES: Visit a person each night, preventing them from using their night ability.

ATTRIBUTES: Target cannot use their night ability. If Frodo is attacked, you will rush to their aid, blocking their attacker (not killing them).

I do everything, Frodo gets the credit

Aragorn

ABILITIES: Visit a person each night, protecting them from any harm (they cannot be killed).

ATTRIBUTES: If target is attacked, you will kill their attacker and die in the process. Target will survive. You have 1 self-defense you can use. You will not die if someone attacks you when you self-defend, but you will kill them.

Bow down to the king

Arwen

ABILITIES: Visit a person each night, healing them.

ATTRIBUTES: If target is attacked, you will heal them, preventing them from dying. You have 1 self-heal you can use.

aragorn's lass

Soldier of Gondor / Rider of Rohan

ABILITIES: 1 self-defense you can use.

ATTRIBUTES: Won't die if self-defended, attacker won't be killed.

brave men who always die in the movie

Balrog

ABILITIES: Visit a person each night, killing them. If target is Gandalf the Gray, you will both die.

ATTRIBUTES: If roleblocked, you will instead kill your roleblocker. Immune at night.

Hot demoman

Gollum

ABILITIES: Visit a person each night, uncovering their exact role. If target is Frodo you will atempt to murder them.

ATTRIBUTES: You will know if your target has The One Ring. If target is not at home, you will steal it.

nasty anorexic hobbit with ring fetish

Boromir

ABILITIES: Choose whether you align with The Fellowship or the Forces of Mordor.

>>> If you chose the first, you will remember your true self and be granted 3 arrows to shoot thy foes with. If thy foe happens to be a Fellowship member, you will commit suicide the night after you shot them.

>>> If you chose the second, you will become a Mordor Killing role (who does exactly what the Nazg没l does). You are able to talk to other Forces of Mordor at night.

ATTRIBUTES: None.

one does not simply succumb to the ring

Saruman

ABILITIES: Every night, you may choose to use an existing role's ability (excluding Gandalf the Gray's). You are Sauron's second hand and have final say in regards to who should be killed every night.

ATTRIBUTES: Immune at night. If no Forces of Mordor remain but yourself, you will be able to take matters into your own hands and kill people. You are able to talk to other Forces of Mordor at night.

i am good. just kidding, i will kill you all

Wormtongue

ABILITIES: Visit a person every night to find out their exact role.

ATTRIBUTES: If no kill capable Forces of Mordor remain but yourself, you will be forced to kill people by Saruman, losing your original abilities. You are able to talk to other Forces of Mordor at night.

pervert counselor

Nazg没l

ABILITIES: Visit and kill Mordor's target, as decided by Saruman.

ATTRIBUTES: You are able to talk to other Forces of Mordor at night.

emo edgelord

Current List of Players & Status:

1. Latest Legend - Role Unknown

Roles will be randomly determined using a Bash script. If more than 15 people wish to play, additional roles will be included (Merry and Pippin are possible, so is Shelob, Gothmog and the Witch King)

If you wish to participate, simply confirm your presence below. The game will start as soon as we have all positions filled up and @ Meiyjhe and/or @ Ninja Trigg... confirm we are good to go.

Any questions/suggestions, feel free to ask.
芒藴聽 Ziggs Guide \\ Pantheon Guide \\ Dr.Mundo Guide 芒藴聽
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2016 4:22am | Report
Thanks for the post :3

We might start a bit later by the way, since Christmas and New Years are coming. Then we can all join mafia is peace without interuptions :p
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2016 8:07am | Report
You might wanna put each role's ability in the spoilers as well
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2016 8:49am | Report
You might wanna put each role's ability in the spoilers as well

I was actually asked not to :P The role's abilities / attributes will be sent to the person chosen for that role. Unless @ Meiyjhe changed their mind :P
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2016 8:53am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

I was actually asked not to :P The role's abilities / attributes will be sent to the person chosen for that role. Unless @ Meiyjhe changed their mind :P

tbh, I think all that does is cause people to go to the thread where we made the rules and check there. You may as well make it convenient.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2016 9:56am | Report
Sorry I think there is some confusion here. I told him to put the abilities and attributes out of the spoiler, with that I meant putting them as a part of the normal text instead and not deleting them altogether :D
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2016 9:57am | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
Sorry I think there is some confusion here. I told him to put the abilities and attributes out of the spoiler, with that I meant putting them as a part of the normal text instead and not deleting them altogether :D

AH!! Sorry. I'll edit the post when I get home.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2016 11:11am | Report
Would love to join!

Might want to put up a notice of *minor* spoilers inside lol

Not that anyone who hasn't watched LOTR deserves the favor :^)

Re4XN wrote:
using a Bash script
Vi(m) or Emacs? >:)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2016 11:53am | Report
Using Vi, though I honestly haven't used it much (which is something I regret and intend on fixing, if I end up having time). No idea which one is better as an editor, never used EMACS so can't really compare :P

Adding you to the list as soon as I finish editing the roles.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide