Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why You Should Boycott Mass Effect 3

Creator: caucheka February 24, 2012 2:32am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 6:49am | Report
Scrax wrote:

If you write this in a calm fashion, not chuck full of rage and telling us to "actually read this *******s", I will maybe, just maybe read all of it and give you a proper opinion on your ramblings.

Yeah, I completely agree with almost everything you're saying but you sound like such a raging **** while you're saying it. I suggest you link TotalBiscuit's video on why to boycott it so that people might actually understand. Here, I'll do it for you.

And I'm still gonna buy ME3 because, well, it's ME3. Bioware can't possibly make another DA2 ****up.
Yukimaru wrote:

EDIT: Also Day 1 DLC is pretty much standard by now, lol why u still even cry bout this.

Because day 1 DLC is usually released free for customers who bought the game new (not that you'd know since you pirate everything anyway).

[SPOILERS BELOW]

---

Additionally it contains a character whose very existance makes him core to the central plot of Mass Effect.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 6:54am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Because day 1 DLC is usually released free for customers who bought the game new (not that you'd know since you pirate everything anyway).

This makes sense. On the other hand, if you for example buy Dragon Age and want all the DLCs, you will see that you pay more for them than the game itself. DLCs should always be free when you buy them, not just the first one. At least when you buy the game later, did you buy it to early you will only get the DLCs that exists.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 7:59am | Report
Sorry for reposting and moving you to the end of the last page Yougan, I just didn't want my semi-spoiler to be down by the page numbers. :P

Yougan wrote:

DLCs should always be free when you buy them, not just the first one. At least when you buy the game later, did you buy it to early you will only get the DLCs that exists.

No, I'm actually fine with companies releasing paid DLC. When you buy the game, you make an informed decision as to whether the game has enough content for you and whether said content is to your liking. When a DLC is released, you can ***es the features the DLC adds and make an informed decision as to whether you're willing to pay for it. It's usually overpriced ****, but you don't have to buy it.

It's a whole different story when companies make day one DLC, taking time away from the development of the main game, installing it on the disc and locking it off unless you pay. By all rights, any content that ships on the disc is part of your game that is now being locked off from you. I can sort of understand doing it with the 'redeemable code' system whereby some minor content is locked off when you buy the game pre-owned, because companies want to try to cut down on pre-owned sales which they make no money from.

Releasing a major peice of plot-related content only on the collector's edition which costs £20 more, on the other hand, is slapping your **** directly into your customer's faces. I mean seriously, twenty ****ing pounds? I bought the Witcher 2 for less than twenty pounds not long after it's release.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:05am | Report
I have no idea why ppl keep buying EA games.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:32am | Report
ok i'm not saying all dlc is inherently evil. but dlc that is evil is

a) anything released day one, even if it is in that stupid pass that you get if you buy a new game. it should just be in the game in the first place, and as stated any dlc available on release means they worked on it when they should you know, make the game
b) dlc not worth the price at all. 15 dollars for 5 maps? 3 of which are 'classic' maps from the last game? yeah no thanks.

you want good dlc? look at borderlands, all 4 pieces of dlc were ****ing amazing, added a ton of content and was a ****ing awesome game. if you can only get one though, the armory of general knoxx is usually referred to as the best. another great example of good dlc is red dead redemption: undead nightmare. while i myself havn't played it (and i have played rdr, just didnt like it enough to justify buying it) it added a **** ton of stuff to do.

in fact, calling the borderlands and rdr dlc, dlc, is a crime itself. in these cases it is acceptable (mostly in the rdr case) to call it expansions.

and luther, i thought about linking tbs video, but i felt like i was just recycling most of what he said. i don't care if he presented it in a more practical manner than i did.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:42am | Report
There is way more to it..

I mean yeah, bootleggers wreck havoc on some companies income, but srsly, they get ****ing greedier day by day...

Take Blizz and WoW as the pinnacle of things:
They have zero problems with software piracy at all, but cause they're monopolizing the genre (thx to all those mindless apathetic birdbrains... no offense) they packed WoW with 2 obligatory fees and a cash shop.
Every mmmorpg that tried to take after them adopted at least the regular subscription fee, which is already totally overpriced.

To increase the income they even started to drop quality for it and now many other bigger companies try to take after that.
We must show them that this is not the way, or turn our backs on them, either way sth. is going to happen.

Take cover, slowly but steady, there is a **** storm incoming.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:44am | Report
@Luther
I know that, but I don't need to like it. D:
Tho that's the best argument I have seen in that matter at least.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 8:46am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Take cover, slowly but steady, there is a **** storm incoming.

but the tortanic has already hit the iceberg 1.1 patch.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 9:08am | Report
TL; DR of this thread, Cauch is mad. He has reasons for them. TB explains it better.

I'm waiting for this thread to get to about... 10 pages and then we'll see how mad everyone really is.

Do I actually care about how much EA has ****ed with the "tried and true" formula of "Buy the game get the DLC for free" thing? Nope. Not at all.

Do I care about ME3? Nope. Never played the first two. Probably never will.

Read through the first roughly two reasons you had. Only one that interested me is the "Previous ME didn't happen if you don't have a char save." Why they would do that, I dunno. They should have kept it in anyway. Reference everything. Make people go an play the other ones. They'll make more money in the long run. It also costs them less because they don't have to write/render 2 different storylines.

Anyway, until the full butthurt-ness of this thread is realized, I'll be watching from a distance.
True love is found only in yourself.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 10:32am | Report
I'll play the game just cuz I played the first 2. I prolly won't be spending any money on it tho. I still regret buying the first one..
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide