Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Akali

Creator: Madreds March 9, 2013 6:49am
7 posts - page 1 of 1
Madreds
<Member>
Madreds's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 6:49am | Report
So i saw SK Telecom T1 playing Akali with Hexdrinker into Warmog's Armor
Can someone explain me Why? i myself love going revolver-haunt guise-gunblade-HP item
thanks to The_Nameless_bard for the signature.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2013 2:41pm | Report
Akali's base damages are high enough that you don't necessarily need to build damage in order to be effective fairly early on, or even necessarily later. I'd assume the Hexdrinker was for lane dominance (against an AP mid) and the Warmog's was for teamfight presence; living longer means more abilities means more damage. Warmog's on Akali is fairly strong right now, anyway.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Madreds
<Member>
Madreds's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 10:46am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Akali's base damages are high enough that you don't necessarily need to build damage in order to be effective fairly early on, or even necessarily later. I'd assume the Hexdrinker was for lane dominance (against an AP mid) and the Warmog's was for teamfight presence; living longer means more abilities means more damage. Warmog's on Akali is fairly strong right now, anyway.

But why hexdrinker over revolver?
thanks to The_Nameless_bard for the signature.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 10:49am | Report
AD gives Akali spell vamp, you get a bubble, more damage on E, and you're going to auto-attack to proc Q so why not?
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 11:07am | Report
tbh I think AD items are fairly worthless on Akali atm because you need tons of AD to get any useful amount of Spellvamp. To get 14% Spellvamp from your passive, you need 84 Bonus AD. To get 9% Spellvamp from your passive you need 54 AD. I can get 9% Spellvamp for free from utility + quints, and while utility might be -fairly- useless on Akali, 54 AD is even more useless.

not saying hexdrinker is bad, but AD items in general are bad if you're just taking them for spellvamp.

Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 11:37am | Report
you're not taking items like hexdrinker for the spell vamp, you're taking it for the shield and MR. The spell vamp is just an added bonus
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2013 12:19pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

you're not taking items like hexdrinker for the spell vamp, you're taking it for the shield and MR. The spell vamp is just an added bonus

Nighthawk wrote:

not saying hexdrinker is bad, but AD items in general are bad if you're just taking them for spellvamp.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide