Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Akali

Creator: Madreds
March 9, 2013 6:49am
7 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Theory Crafting & Ideation » Akali
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Madreds » March 9, 2013 6:49am | Report
So i saw SK Telecom T1 playing Akali with Hexdrinker into Warmog's Armor
Can someone explain me Why? i myself love going revolver-haunt guise-gunblade-HP item
thanks to The_Nameless_bard for the signature.
Madreds's Forum Avatar

Madreds
<Member>
Posts: 167
Joined: Apr 6th, 2012
Rep: Unremarkable (7)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by lifebaka » March 9, 2013 2:41pm | Report
Akali's base damages are high enough that you don't necessarily need to build damage in order to be effective fairly early on, or even necessarily later. I'd assume the Hexdrinker was for lane dominance (against an AP mid) and the Warmog's was for teamfight presence; living longer means more abilities means more damage. Warmog's on Akali is fairly strong right now, anyway.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
lifebaka's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
lifebaka
<Scout>
Posts: 1126
Joined: Dec 12th, 2011
Rep: Prominent (151)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Madreds » March 10, 2013 10:46am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Akali's base damages are high enough that you don't necessarily need to build damage in order to be effective fairly early on, or even necessarily later. I'd assume the Hexdrinker was for lane dominance (against an AP mid) and the Warmog's was for teamfight presence; living longer means more abilities means more damage. Warmog's on Akali is fairly strong right now, anyway.

But why hexdrinker over revolver?
thanks to The_Nameless_bard for the signature.
Madreds's Forum Avatar

Madreds
<Member>
Posts: 167
Joined: Apr 6th, 2012
Rep: Unremarkable (7)
Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by tehAsian » March 10, 2013 10:49am | Report
AD gives Akali spell vamp, you get a bubble, more damage on E, and you're going to auto-attack to proc Q so why not?
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe


Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
tehAsian's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
tehAsian
<Veteran>
Posts: 3721
Joined: Jul 20th, 2011
Rep: Distinguished (247)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Nighthawk » March 10, 2013 11:07am | Report
tbh I think AD items are fairly worthless on Akali atm because you need tons of AD to get any useful amount of Spellvamp. To get 14% Spellvamp from your passive, you need 84 Bonus AD. To get 9% Spellvamp from your passive you need 54 AD. I can get 9% Spellvamp for free from utility + quints, and while utility might be -fairly- useless on Akali, 54 AD is even more useless.

not saying hexdrinker is bad, but AD items in general are bad if you're just taking them for spellvamp.



____━━____┓━╭━━━━━╮
____━━____┗┓|::::::^━━━^
____━━____━┗|:::::|。◕‿‿­­­­◕。|
____━━____━━╰O--O-O--O ╯


Fear the power of the Nyan!
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Posts: 10022
Joined: Dec 7th, 2010
Rep: Renowned (680)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Khazem » March 10, 2013 11:37am | Report
you're not taking items like hexdrinker for the spell vamp, you're taking it for the shield and MR. The spell vamp is just an added bonus
Khazem's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Posts: 2160
Joined: Jul 31st, 2011
Rep: Prominent (189)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Nighthawk » March 10, 2013 12:19pm | Report
Khazem wrote:

you're not taking items like hexdrinker for the spell vamp, you're taking it for the shield and MR. The spell vamp is just an added bonus


Nighthawk wrote:

not saying hexdrinker is bad, but AD items in general are bad if you're just taking them for spellvamp.


Nighthawk's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Posts: 10022
Joined: Dec 7th, 2010
Rep: Renowned (680)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!