Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AP Nidalee

Creator: MrSwayze December 8, 2012 1:13pm
1 2
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 3:47pm | Report
MrSwayze wrote:

So I've been playing Nidalee as AD for a little while, and just gave AP Nid a try in mid, and I feel like she was a lot stronger as AP, but everyone usually says AD is a lot more viable. Anyone care to fill me in as to why that is? Keep in my mind I'm not a very seasoned player, so I don't know everything about the game just yet.

AD Nidalee is seen as more viable than AP in solo queue because it's pretty brainless and not as team reliant. She has a strong laning phase and can solo win a game by pushing. She draws a lot of pressure to her side of the map which is incredibly strong in solo queue

AP Nidalee is seen as weak because most people don't know how to play around an AP Nidalee and her damage is totally based on landing skillshots. You have to use her poke to your advantage and it's pretty difficult to win a teamfight on a hard engage, which is the main reason she isn't popular in solo queue.

I personally like AP more, because it's more rewarding for landing your damage, a good AP nidalee player can really shine, and the overall style is more appealing to me. I think it's easier to carry as AD, but play it how you like
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 4:10pm | Report
Would you say triforce is core? I did a Black Cleaver -> Iceborn Gauntlet build and dunked the enemy team a lot, but I'm not sure about it. What items would you consider "core"?
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Bomazon
<Member>
Bomazon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2012 4:17am | Report
I found AP Nidalee also deals significant damage in cougar form.
Thnx to Nameless bard for making it
FluffyBeastCZ
<Member>
FluffyBeastCZ's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 3:12am | Report
I found extinkt's AP build pretty interesting, it's based on iceborn gauntlet. He buys two doran's rings, ofc deathcap, maybe flask at start.

Iceborn gives you mana, CDR, armor and that aoe slow, which comes in handy many times in cougar form..
kallcrack
<Member>
kallcrack's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2013 4:13pm | Report
If you are confused because people told you that AD Nida is more viable than AP then I hope to quickly clear this out.
What they mean by that is that AP Nidalee doesnt 'fit well' with all kind of comps unlike ad nida.
AP nida (glass cannon) fits with poke comps (at least the way I play/build her). RoA is a good option but makes you a less threat early on.
AD nida fits well with most comps.
I think AP nida is perfectly viable, but it tends to fall off in viability at higher elo.

Thats my thought @Nidalee fanatic.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide