Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Been experimenting

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 26, 2012 4:51pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 6:02pm | Report
yea yea yea...just commenting
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 6:06pm | Report
I'm still trying to understand the joke, Wayne
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 6:07pm | Report
he's commenting that there's no need to say that I have full Greed points since I clearly have the Wealth mastery (which I must have full Greed points to have taken)
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 6:19pm | Report

Hmmm... I like the idea on Taric definitely... any of the "tanky" supports.

I dunno though, I'm a big fan of building GP/5 items first. They offer a little HP and Mana bonus too.

Of course, if you are actually trying to tank some damage for your carry as Janna or Sona, this might be a good buy. I ESPECIALLY like the sound of it on Sona - because she can be so damn aggressive.

I don't think I'd run it on Janna, but that's just a personal preference since her skills are all so rangey.

Alistar would be a definite candidate for this, as well as the rare support Teemo. Support Dr. Mundo could start with it instead of HP, but I think HP regen is necessary on him early.

Great Idea though. I love changing the usual. And as long as you're still buying wards as a support, the idea can't be all that bad at all ^_^

+1 for ingenuity.

EDIT: On any of the supports with sustain, I'd drop the pots and get cloth armor + as many wards as you can afford (forget the full greed amount, apologies))

OH! and since you're into trying new things, let me dip you in this chocola... I mean, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE run a support with all the gold per level runes. I just wanna see the reaction to a support grabbing something like Frozen Heart around level 6-7. Would be EPIC.

I just picture the opposing AD crying, and possibly rage quitting over a Frozen Heart effect on his *** before laning phase is even over.

I go cloth armor 2 wards, and start the game with 70 armor on Janna.

Then i auto attack your carry, and you are forced to attack me back, and break through my shield, all the while losing health to my AD bolstered auto attacks, OR, you can run away and miss CS.

The reason it works so well on Janna, is because you have basically free health from shield, and that synergizes greatly with resistances.
Tri lane for life.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2012 6:19pm | Report
nvm John, my reading comprehension fails cause it's late, I think I should go sleep now.. -.-

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 2:05am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Getting armor runes and gold/10 items takes less time to get than gp/10 runes and cloth armor

Greater Seal of Armor is cheaper than Greater Seal of Gold

What? If you start with Cloth Armor and Greater Seal of Gold, it takes 0 time to get. I don't understand this statement at all.

And what in the world do you mean by CHEAPER RUNES? I hope you're talking about their worth in gold and not IP, because that has no bearing whatsoever on their usefulness.

Also, as Tem pointed out, early armor is immensely useful in laning phase. The point isn't to "rush aegis."
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 6:16am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

You know starting cloth armor doesn't prevent you from building GP10, it just slightly delays it. :P

Later your cloth armor becomes an Aegis and your build is entirely unaffected.

I think the entire point of building GP10 is getting it as early as possible... not sure how worth it they are if they are delayed (I haven't run the numbers or anything, so this is pretty much an open ended opinion).

AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 6:28am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

What? If you start with Cloth Armor and Greater Seal of Gold, it takes 0 time to get. I don't understand this statement at all.

That's because you're tunnel visioning the concept of time. It takes more time, and more games played to be able to afford the gold seals versus the armor seals. This is what he meant here.

PsiGuard wrote:

And what in the world do you mean by CHEAPER RUNES? I hope you're talking about their worth in gold and not IP, because that has no bearing whatsoever on their usefulness.

I believe he was talking about IP and length of time it takes you in game to get those runes over armor runes. Not a statement about their usefulness.

PsiGuard wrote:
Also, as Tem pointed out, early armor is immensely useful in laning phase. The point isn't to "rush aegis."

But is it more useful than the early GP10 is my question. GP10 buys your armor in.... 6 minutes i think? Not sure.. too early for me to do math.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 8:32am | Report

I think the entire point of building GP10 is getting it as early as possible... not sure how worth it they are if they are delayed (I haven't run the numbers or anything, so this is pretty much an open ended opinion).

Derrrrrrr lol thanks for the FYI :P

Obviously the case, but getting shat on in lane and having your carry's CS denied as a result is worse than getting your philo 300 gold farther down the line.

Also, to even consider that you're forced to rush an Aegis is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Nobody is implying you'd rush an Aegis, that's just someone's own wrong fabrication.

Your build order would still be cloth > philo > hog
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 11:13am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Derrrrrrr lol thanks for the FYI :P

Obviously the case, but getting shat on in lane and having your carry's CS denied as a result is worse than getting your philo 300 gold farther down the line.

Also, to even consider that you're forced to rush an Aegis is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Nobody is implying you'd rush an Aegis, that's just someone's own wrong fabrication.

Your build order would still be cloth > philo > hog

I probably should build cloth > philo, but i go cloth > HoG because i only seem to ever use mana for shield and slow, and maybe once in a while i ulti.

I go philo>HoG first on Sona.
Tri lane for life.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide