Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Brutilizer - Why are AD Carries rushing this?

Creator: Warlemming January 8, 2013 2:44am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:55pm | Report
Groans, I just noticed I did it wrong again, too quick to reply =.= I meant 1550 saved up, not 1550 straight up. Check back.

My point was:

ADC1 with 1550g on recall: Brutalizer + 600 gold worth of junk (anything, boots?)
ADC2 with 1550g on recall: Long Sword + BF Sword

Completely unrealistic anyway, I doubt Nick recalls and rushes back to lane with only a Brutalizer, and I doubt any sensible ADC would buy Long Sword into BF Sword.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 11:59pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Groans, I just noticed I did it wrong again, too quick to reply =.=

An example I meant was; for example both AD carries go back with roughly 2200 gold. The Draven feels confident and gets a The Brutalizer plus a Vampiric Scepter for sustain. The Ezreal wants his BT up ASAP so gets a B. F. Sword and a Long Sword which should later build into Vampiric Scepter.

In this scenario, Ezreal has a serious disadvantage because he traded sustain for a little extra damage.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 12:09am | Report
Completely unrealistic anyway, I doubt any sensible ADC would buy Long Sword into BF Sword, and not Long Sword into Vamp Scepter if they're rushing Bloodthirster ^^
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 12:12am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Completely unrealistic anyway, I doubt any sensible ADC would buy Long Sword into BF Sword, and not Long Sword into Vamp Scepter if they're rushing Bloodthirster ^^

Same is returning to the lane with nothing and save up for that BF. Which is a scenario you suggested. I know it isn't realistic but it illustrates the point.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 12:34am | Report
Staying in lane until you have 1550 gold is actually a realistic situation if you are completely beating the **** out of the enemy AD carry. Usually the way it goes down is that their jungler fails a gank, you get double buff, and you just stay there doing whatever you please. But then they are going to have way less gold than you, so this isn't really "equal".
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 2:18am | Report

In this scenario, Ezreal has a serious disadvantage because he traded sustain for a little extra damage.

^^^^^^^
YES.

People who attempt to use math for itemization PLEASE add factor in lane control. Lane control is one big portion I see no "math guy" ever attempting to put in. Math isn't all about damage comparisons and resistance comparisons.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 2:19am | Report
Embracing wrote:

^^^^^^^

People who attempt to use math for itemization PLEASE add in lane control.

As I said; completely unrealistic scenario but it does illustrate how math has its limits, unfortunately. :P
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 2:22am | Report
Yeah, there just are that group of people who seem to think math is almighty which honestly really gets on my nerves. -3-
Laggermeister
<Member>
Laggermeister's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:24am | Report
I build it on Graves frequently, usually midgame-ish after either completing Bloodthirster or at least a B. F. Sword. Think it's good on him because he can utilize the bit of extra health and CDR better than some carries.
A big thank you to opera floozyMissMaw for the lovely signature!

*NEW* How Not To Write A Guide *NEW*
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2013 8:33am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

You obviously haven't seen me play Graves.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide