Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Can Jhin Jungle?

Creator: CanItJungle August 2, 2016 10:15pm
CanItJungle
<Member>
CanItJungle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2016 10:15pm | Report
Can Jhin jungle?

Here is why I think he can:
All of his abilities are AoE.
His E and his fourth auto make his first camp smiteless most of the time.
He has amazing ganks with his W and R.
He has map control with his E and can't easily be counterjungled because of it.

Is this viable?
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2016 11:01pm | Report
Most ADCs jungle can abuse their attack speed steroids and kiting to clear the jungle easily with the Krugs' stun. I don't know how healthy would Jhin end up during his first full clear (up to level 3 or 4) but if you want it to be decent you need to abuse his E somehow since his reload mechanic and lack of attack speed growth make any on-hit effects really suboptimal on him.

I'm betting there is some way to make a safe first clear if you use all Captive Audience traps properly on the first two camps (I'm not sure how I would approach this) but even in that case he would be in some risk of invades because of his lack of mobility and the fact that he must focus on clearing the jungle, not covering for invades. If you take your time to cover for invades you would be at risk of A) having an awful first clear, making you more at risk if an invade goes through your traps; and B) running out of mana because IMO starting blue buff would be a bad idea.

That said, everything else on him looks solid. His long range allows him to make long-range ganks, a really interesting prospect. And his kit may be interesting as a mid game jungle controller (some advanced tactics may be needed here).

He isn't a "great" nor "strong" jungler because of the problems I mentioned earlier, which you could compensate for but never completely solve. His early ganks are also risky in lanes that can focus you to get a free kill + buffs (i.e. you can't just flank top/bot mindlessly). He is certainly viable though. Do try him having his weaknesses in account.
CanItJungle
<Member>
CanItJungle's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2016 11:15pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
Most ADCs jungle can abuse their attack speed steroids and kiting to clear the jungle easily with the Krugs' stun. I don't know how healthy would Jhin end up during his first full clear (up to level 3 or 4) but if you want it to be decent you need to abuse his E somehow since his reload mechanic and lack of attack speed growth make any on-hit effects really suboptimal on him.

I'm betting there is some way to make a safe first clear if you use all Captive Audience traps properly on the first two camps (I'm not sure how I would approach this) but even in that case he would be in some risk of invades because of his lack of mobility and the fact that he must focus on clearing the jungle, not covering for invades.

Yeah, you're probably right in that covering for invades would be bad. Other than that though, his clear seems pretty good first time if you place your Captive Audience traps correctly. You could get 3 traps on Krugs and a smiteless leash wouldn't be a big stretch, as when I play Jhin ADC, a 4 auto leash is smiteless generally every time, and that's without traps. That means you could heal a TON by smiting red buff, which could really boost your clear.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2016 7:01am | Report
You shouldn't skip the Krugs smite though. If you have your Captive Audience traps you can kite red buff and together with the stun prevent a lot of damage.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide