Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Crazy Idea? Assassin jungle anyone?

Creator: Arcana3 March 5, 2012 2:26pm
1 2 3 4
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 2:26pm | Report
I just wanted to ask this, and don't yell at me for being a dubmass... I was just wondering what everyone's thought on assassins jungling. For example Akali and Irelia. They both can close the distance with an ability, and also both have sustain. I know it might sound stupid, but i was just puzzling over the thought for a while, and i was like heck, why not? We have Fiddlesticks and Jarven IV as valid jungle options, so why not these? And im not talking about any random assassin, im talking about the ones that have sustain, so the ones coming to mind atm are Akali Irelia.
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 3:01pm | Report
Both Akali and Irelia can jungle without a problem, but they just get out classed by the others. What I know is that Akali can snowball easy if she gets the chance, seen Irelia doing the same. But thats normal games and like I said, much seems to agree on that it works. But not as good as many of the others jungelers out there right now.

However I like your idea, as I feel assassin is kinda unused role right now and not so good as having tanky dps in top or jungle.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 4:06pm | Report
Akali and Irelia both can jungle okay, but not exceptionally well.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 4:51pm | Report
Akali and Irelia jungle very slowly, and don't have the BEST ganks due to a lack of CC. I have also heard of people jungling TF, Pantheon, and Talon with some success.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Maserato
<Member>
Maserato's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2012 9:51pm | Report
I play jungle talon. He is very very effective in ganks and speed isn't bad. Any competent lane will get a kill off of red buff talon gank
M5 too strong? better nerf irelia
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 4:25pm | Report
big problem with junglrelia is shes slow and needs farm pretty badly to scale into lategame. If she doesnt get kills off ganks (her ganks are good not great) she's pretty much shut down for the rest of the game. She's kinda like shaco with a weaker early game and stronger lategame... Best comparison I can make :/

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 4:30pm | Report
Evelynn has that stealth move that can make you invisible for up to 50 seconds. That combined with Teleport or Flash can be great for ganks. Smite could help with the jungle

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 4:32pm | Report
Eve in general is regarded as terrible though. I'm working on jungling her though. Other than my lack of skill with her, it looks promising.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 4:52pm | Report
I've jungled Eve a few months ago.

Low damage ganks, the slow is insufficient for kills, super squishy, not sustained...

Then when I ganked their Kennen, I was instantly blown up because of my squishiness.

Still waiting for those changes :/
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2012 9:05pm | Report
Sigh* Eve ganks are devastating man. And she is good in jungle, but really she is better at roaming. And even though that is old meta it is still more viable. If you nail the first gank (really easy. Invade at red. Free kill 99% of the time). Then it is smooth sailing.

People just misunderstand Eve. She is insanely hard to play. It took me a week to get good with her (For reference I was carrying hard with Ez first day). You really have to devote a lot of time into playing her and most people don't want to make that sacrifice.

Most people think that her main point is to get super fed. And while that does happen naturally late game (She destroys late game) after the first gank which you need to get that kill from to be usefull you should be getting your team tons of kills, and making the enemy too scared to leave their towers.

You are the punisher. If they make one mistake, or even if they don't and you just feel like killing them anyway. Bam. Dead. She is still viable. P.M. me and I'll send you some names of people who have seen me play with her (read carry them with her).

On to the main point. Yeah assassins are great at ganking usually (hence the assassin part) so if you just gank a lot then you can be devastating. I'd say you should focus on counter jungling and ganking more than the regular choice for a jungler would.

Just my 2 cents. Check my post on the Official league forums if you want a more in depth look at roaming and what Eve's real goal is that most people seem to miss. If not then ok. Just thought you might want to know more about what I was talking about. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1837926&highlight=roaming+is+old+meta

Also check out this guide. I fiddle with the item build a little sometimes, but really it's a great guide. Check it out: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/something-wicked-this-way-comes-hybrid-roaming-eve-90463

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide