Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius: OP or no?

Creator: tehAsian May 24, 2012 10:54pm
OP?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 7:53am | Report
How the hell are you forced into range of Darius? LOL. See that's what I'm talking about, a lot of people aren't even thinking about how to beat this champion, they're just complaining when they lose instead of proactively doing something about it.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 10:08am | Report
^ That reminds me I saw around 4 streams of Ranked games with a Darius solotop. 2 x Kennen, 1 Noct and 1 Irelia

Irelia won. She was also the only one who bought HP. Each of the other 3 got armour, be it as starting item (cloth on noct), or after returning.

Am I saying Irelia only won because of her early HP item? No. But at least she kept going for HP (Phage onto Frozen), be it because she knew it was the best option or because she always builds like that if things go well. But all others went fro EXACTLY what you shouldn't pick when facing Darius. Worse yet, armour goes around AP kennen's typical build (zhonia's hourglass aside).

Let's all cry for a Darius nerf now. He so OP. And let's buy armour versus AP Ryze and ask for nerfs too.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 7:59pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

How the hell are you forced into range of Darius? LOL. See that's what I'm talking about, a lot of people aren't even thinking about how to beat this champion, they're just complaining when they lose instead of proactively doing something about it.

If both of you are melee champions in last hitting range, there's a high chance that you will come into his pull range for at least a second. There's nothing you can do about it, except lose CS every time or tank/trade damage. Not ALL champions have sustain, not all of them have a spammable skill to last hit with, not all of them have shields, not a lot of champions have high trade damage, and not all of them are tanky enough to deal with early game Darius. Or maybe I should say not all champions are Lee Sin. That's a FACT.

Maybe I'm playing badly, or maybe the Darius' I play against have some kind of CC in his team that stops me from getting away and because of that I'm forced into range.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 8:43pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Let's all cry for a Darius nerf now. He so OP. And let's buy armour versus AP Ryze and ask for nerfs too.

Yeah, and then let him 5 stack us and hit him with the most brutal Darius ulti from hell ever. So OP. Omg. Nothing can do. Oh my God he can always 5 stack me and always kill me so OP.

tehAsian wrote:

If both of you are melee champions in last hitting range, there's a high chance that you will come into his pull range for at least a second. There's nothing you can do about it, except lose CS every time or tank/trade damage. Not ALL champions have sustain, not all of them have a spammable skill to last hit with, not all of them have shields, not a lot of champions have high trade damage, and not all of them are tanky enough to deal with early game Darius. Or maybe I should say not all champions are Lee Sin. That's a FACT.

Maybe I'm playing badly, or maybe the Darius' I play against have some kind of CC in his team that stops me from getting away and because of that I'm forced into range.

I'm going to have to just stop responding, because my responses are going to start sounding insulting and condescending.

Let me put it this way. If you don't pick a champion with the attributes you just described, you deserve to lose because you picked a **** top laner. Why even complain if your pick is completely garbage? Don't even expect to win if you're picking like that. You would lose to ANY top laner, not just darius, so at that point you're just deciding you don't want to win!

Anyway, IMO, he's not OP, but he is situationally very strong, and if a player cannot find any way to beat Darius, then they are playing (Or thinking) badly.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 9:06pm | Report
I've found that the best characters to use against Darius are olaf, Riven, and kennen. All of them don't really deal with his BS early game and I find myself getting my *** kicked by these characters repeatedly with Darius.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 9:18pm | Report
Riven beats his passive, which is the only thing that has ever actually been OP about Darius, by E in W landing 1 AA and q'ing out of range. He can hook her in, but she can still escape his range pretty rapidly.

Olaf, meh, I'm not convinced Olaf can beat Darius. He'd have to disengage quickly after landing his E to win trades.
CrazyMBP
<Member>
CrazyMBP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 10:25pm | Report
Ya know who i find to be a pretty good counter to darius? AD Nidalee. Abuse brush, harass easily when he tries to cs, and once you hit 6 you have good mobility to disengage quickly from trades. It's worked for me, although at low ELO, would like to get some impressions.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 10:39pm | Report
Nidalee is a great champ to beat him with. Her ranged harass (Which he cannot undo with his kit, he has to buy sustain and even then it's sub par) makes him look pretty ***** when used properly.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide