Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius: OP or no?

Creator: tehAsian May 24, 2012 10:54pm
OP?
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 8:43am | Report
Watched a game rudmed sent me. Tanky daruis, vs 4 champions. Alistar, Vayne, Ahri, and Nocturne. He proceeded to kill vayne, since his passive and ulti just ripped her, then proceeded to destory ahri by grabbing her and then killing her with R. Nocturne almost got him, but he w takes away 1/3 of his life, and then Q and then R again. He proceeds to kill alistar, and have 200 life... From his starting 4000 >.> So uh... He's pretty op. And btw that vayne and nocturne he killed? Both +9 kills he had +12. But 4v1? And he wins... Thats just stupid.
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Xeronn
<Member>
Xeronn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 9:01am | Report
It's all about knowing how to build your champion~
^^ Check out my Gangplank Guide! ^^
+Rep is OP! Special Forces Gangplank!!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 9:02am | Report
GG, totally overfed Darius kills noob team, nice!

Feeding Darius is more threatening than feeding Tryndamere.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 9:47am | Report
IMO, nope.

Udyr DUHUNKS him :)
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 10:41am | Report
Well this is just what I saw.

Darius v.s. Nocturne, Miss Fortune, and Annie. All focus him and hit em with their CC. (Note all three of them have postive K/D or close.)

Darius wins, but he almost died. Guess what saved him....his ult! Smashes Noct with it hits MF with it, and finally Annie drops after MF.

GG Darius used ult three times.

I don't think he is OP, but he is downright strong if he isn't.
Opaque_Shadow
<Member>
Opaque_Shadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 3:18pm | Report
Darius is definately NOT over powered. I have seen him absolutely wreck 3 or 4 people, yes. However, if you just have your jungler farm him like the escape-less noxian rotary target that he is, he can do nothing. The thing that makes him strong is his ult refresh and frankly it doesn't do much because many people don't know how to manage his passive procs to ensure max damage.

The reason he can own groups is because they allow him to get close enough for his Q to hit them all, which gives him the first proc on everyone (assuming he didn't pull them already). Then when someone tries to retreat he pulls them, which is where he gets the team. Most of the group kills I have seen have come from people being to close to one another when he drops that pull. After he pulls in 3 champs they WILL all die at this stage is the player is any good and knows who to focus. He will cripple the first target, ult them, then auto attack next one/use abilities, ult them, wash/rinse/repeat. The thing to remember is that it is a positioning problem, not a balance problem.

Simply put: spread out and kill him often, then Darius will be useless.
Feel Free to send my referral link to anyone you know.

Ultima ratio regum. (The final argument of kings)
- Inscription on french cannons, on order of Louis XIV
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 6:52pm | Report

Darius is definately NOT over powered. I have seen him absolutely wreck 3 or 4 people, yes. However, if you just have your jungler farm him like the escape-less noxian rotary target that he is, he can do nothing. The thing that makes him strong is his ult refresh and frankly it doesn't do much because many people don't know how to manage his passive procs to ensure max damage.

The reason he can own groups is because they allow him to get close enough for his Q to hit them all, which gives him the first proc on everyone (assuming he didn't pull them already). Then when someone tries to retreat he pulls them, which is where he gets the team. Most of the group kills I have seen have come from people being to close to one another when he drops that pull. After he pulls in 3 champs they WILL all die at this stage is the player is any good and knows who to focus. He will cripple the first target, ult them, then auto attack next one/use abilities, ult them, wash/rinse/repeat. The thing to remember is that it is a positioning problem, not a balance problem.

Simply put: spread out and kill him often, then Darius will be useless.

Yah but winning 4v1 or 3v1 is dumb. Even more so when they have CC to stop him from doing all his stuff. No champion should be able to win against the situation Arcana described. The CC should just lock him up and stop him dead cold. DEAD COLD!
Opaque_Shadow
<Member>
Opaque_Shadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 8:46pm | Report
Rudmed wrote:

Yah but winning 4v1 or 3v1 is dumb. Even more so when they have CC to stop him from doing all his stuff. No champion should be able to win against the situation Arcana described. The CC should just lock him up and stop him dead cold. DEAD COLD!

None of the champs in arcana's situation had any real, hard CC with the exception of Ahri and potentially alistair depending on if his abilities were on CD or not before he could use them. Yes, if there had been any good CC he should have died. However, a brief knock-up and relatively short charm that pulls the MELEE champ TOWARDS YOU doesn't really count imo, in the case of the latter it probably helps him.

That being said, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened, maybe it was BS maybe it wasn't. I have seen Master Yi, Ashe, Miss Fortune and many others win 3 or 4 v 1s before, yet no one immediately assumes that it was from being op. Theoretically it is possible for any champ to pull that off in the proper situation.

And if anyone wants to say that they see Darius pull this more than anyone else, ask yourself this: do you see it more because he's OP? or do you see it more because you want to be right about how OP you predicted he would be? Or what if you see it more because he is over played right now because everyone is trying the new champ?
Feel Free to send my referral link to anyone you know.

"Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets."
- Unknown
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 9:09pm | Report

I have seen Master Yi, Ashe, Miss Fortune and many others win 3 or 4 v 1s before, yet no one immediately assumes that it was from being op. Theoretically it is possible for any champ to pull that off in the proper situation.

The funny thing is they all build some kind of lifesteal which is one of the main factors that allow them to 1v3 given enough farm or if they get fed enough.

Not OP, it's normal.

And in Arcana's example, every champion had hard CC. Noc has a 2 second fear, Vayne and Alistar have knockbacks and stuns, Ahri has 2 second charm.

How da fuq did he survive?
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2012 9:31pm | Report
No, Darius is extremely weak. He doesn't deal a lot of damage and doesn't have a lot of CC to make up for it. He's also not very tanky. Therefore Darius is underpowered and needs an immediate buff.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide