Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius: OP or no?

Creator: tehAsian May 24, 2012 10:54pm
OP?
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2012 10:43pm | Report
lol duff. its not a mystery why you die. its the fact that with his grab and twirl you already have two stacks and all of a sudden you cant go in to last hit safely if you're a melee champ

edit. he's still not op. the sheer damage from his kit and passive just make him a good counter to a lot of melee tops
Credit goes to JEFFY40HANDS for this godly imposing Viktor
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2012 10:56pm | Report
I had an epiphany earlier today in a bot match. Galio might be a real good counterpick to him.

MR to stop his passive, he can buy armor later. Bulwark basically tells Hemorrhage to go **** its self because you're healing off it.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2012 10:57pm | Report
Yeah well he also has zero sustain and does not out damage most solo tops in hard burst engages pre 6.

In long drawn out fights, he will get 5 stacks and then post six with five stacks he can essentially kill you from 50% hp with ignite.

Again, it's all his passive and ulti. Mostly his passive and the fact that the ulti scales with that.

So basically, he can't kill you without 5 stacks of ulti, which is why I'm referring to Darius as "The noob stomper."

He's also competitively viable, strong champion and loads of fun to play, don't get me wrong, I just find the global League sobfest to be REALLY amusing and blown out of proportion! :P
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2012 11:00pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I had an epiphany earlier today in a bot match. Galio might be a real good counterpick to him.

MR to stop his passive, he can buy armor later. Bulwark basically tells Hemorrhage to go **** its self because you're healing off it.

TBH I'm inclined to say MAYBE. Galio is a poor pick top and I think Darius could kill Galio early and with gank support op.

BUT you are right that Bulwark counters his passive expertly. Interesting thought. I don't think the MR is worth the investment to counter his passive though, but it's an interesting thought o_O

If I'm gonna try to beat darius I'm picking Kennen, Lee Sin, Udyr, yada yada.
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 12:41am | Report
I saw it in twisted treeline and it was painful because it's impossible to kill him with 3 melee champions once he has boots of swiftness and red buff due to his mobility, damage over time to multiple champions while fighting and the range of his 1000k true damage ult. IMO he needs his passive to give him 3% move speed rather than 5%, less base damage over time and his ult to have less range or less bonus damage from stacks.
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 4:30am | Report
Does MR really work against him ? That mitigates Darius' passive, but not his Q W E R and AA ...

That sounds strange to me, that would be like building MR against a Lee sin because of his E.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 9:07am | Report
Somalie wrote:

Does MR really work against him ? That mitigates Darius' passive, but not his Q W E R and AA ...

That sounds strange to me, that would be like building MR against a Lee sin because of his E.

What I'm saying is, because Bulwark gives armor and MR, it helps mitigate the bleed damage as well as as the armor makes him deal less damage overall.

Also, Quicksilver Sash becomes a decent counter item in teamfights because it removes his passive stacks.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 10:26am | Report
Somalie wrote:

I agree, and I think you're right.

MR doesn't sound like a realistic counter to me, although the thought is interesting :P

TBH, just kill him. If he builds like a full tank then he LITERALLY cannot threaten you until he has 5 stack ulti. If you die to tank Darius you're really silly.

If he builds damage, then he's a full melee who is glass, and you can just kill him.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 3:28pm | Report
Darius is kind of broken form what I've seen so far.
He beats up most lanes and snowballs like a ****ing king.
He falls off a bit in late teamfights tho unless he's really fed, but his extreme early and midgame totally make up for that.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 5:27pm | Report
I mean I agree, his passive and ultimate are too strong, and he's closer to broken than he is balanced.

I just don't think he's on the level that people make him out to be. xP

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide