Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius: OP or no?

Creator: tehAsian May 24, 2012 10:54pm
OP?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 8:57pm | Report
People are complaining that they can't kill Blitz with his ult because of the shield. They're saying it's a bug... wat?

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 9:50pm | Report
^ Lmfao :)

Noobs :)
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 9:52pm | Report
Lies...

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 10:51pm | Report
The only time there was a Darius on the opposing team that beat me was in solo que and the idiot top fed him. Other than that, my brother, myself, and all my other friends have used him for a three course meal. I don't understand all this about 'Omg, Darius OP!' Then again, it's a phase you must face every time a new champion comes out. Some of the 'OP' phases just last a little longer.

He has good sustained damage and combos his skills really well, while also being really good at securing kills. This doesn't make him OP. Learn to kite and CC (any kind will do).
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 3:22am | Report
I think Darius wud be pretty gud in a half-AoE team comp (ult to cleanup kill errybody thats low)
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 3:24am | Report
if only annie or morde had a "CDR refresh for a kill" effect :).

they could swarm bear and champs all over the map :D.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 9:14am | Report
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 9:44am | Report
animorte wrote:
He has good sustained damage and combos his skills really well, while also being really good at securing kills. This doesn't make him OP. Learn to kite and CC (any kind will do).

What a champ does is never OP, what can be OP is how good he does it.
And really, if a champ is that scarry that he has to be perma kited/cc'ed, his allies are free to do what they want (aoe ult, free damage, going where they want, etc). Some others are, but not that early in the game.

About his ult, what I think if that in the actual Champion pool of LoL, what makes Darius a little over the op is his capacity to snowball in teamfight by his own. Other teamfight snowballers, like Katarina or Akali, don't gain as much as he does when they get a kill. And because of his actual efficiency in toplane (what akali and kat are not sure to have, mid or top), he kills by his own. Kat does not kill by her own, she needs to play cleverly with her CD.
The worst is that he can fully do the "cleaner" role without a glass canon build. Other cleaners like Vayne, in aoe comp, won't finish the almost dead enemies without a pure dmg build.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 12:51pm | Report
I think the most surprising aspect of Darius is that his ult was seemingly designed to stomp noobs, something that RIOT tries to actively discourage. Champs that are toxic to low level play and mediocre at the competitive level generally get reworked so that they have a better balance. I'm not saying it always works, but RIOT does at least make the attempt.

In this case, they went the completely opposite direction.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 12:54pm | Report
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide