Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

GP10 Mids

Creator: Atarios June 22, 2012 3:35pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 2:11pm | Report
@MazuranIt would be ****ing TERRIBLE to use GP10 on those.
Do you know how you get farm as those champions?
You push your enemy away from their farm. And since that is the case; do you think it will be easier to get farmed when you lose 15AP/7AD and a bunch of regen? Think about that..

@Koksei
I hope you're trolling.. Otherwise I'm real disapoint, son.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 3:45pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Also, weakening your early game like that can lose you the lane. If you get seriously beat by their AP mid, no amount of gp10 is going to make it worth it.

Karthus begs to differ, and there's a few others who can actually use GP10 just fine :3
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 3:46pm | Report
Searz wrote:

You push your enemy away from their farm. And since that is the case; do you think it will be easier to get farmed when you lose 15AP/7AD and a bunch of regen? Think about that..

Yah, I'm pretty terribad with those champs. But they're sooooo fun ^_^
Kassadin pushing the enemy away from their farm in my experience is asking to be ganked, especially pre-6.
Same applies to Talon, apart from I usually run ghost or flash on him to be a bit safer.
Probably just the result of experiences.

I'm still not fussed about losing 15AP/7AD on a mid-lane character, as I generally rather run MS quints anyhow. And the damage boost that they give (especially the AP ones) I'm not overly fussed about either.
And mana regen yellows comes to around 4 mana/5. I'm not going to sweat losing that either.

Searz, I know you have weird brain powers and stuff that let you know what the best runes are. I know you can prove it with graphs and other such hellspawned devices of logic and the dark arts of maths. I'm just too lazy to practice with those characters :P
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 3:50pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Karthus begs to differ, and there's a few others who can actually use GP10 just fine :3

Runes maybe, but we're talking 21 utility. I don't see that working on most AP champions. Maybe if you stalled for late game with karth or morg, but in the case of someone like Kass (who was discussed in this thread), I don't see it working.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 6:17pm | Report
Oh well 21 utility seems like no reason.

Runes/philo/hog/kage are all viable on many AP's, but masteries nope. go with the standard 21 offense IMO.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 3:26am | Report
Mazuran wrote:

Yah, I'm pretty terribad with those champs. But they're sooooo fun ^_^
Kassadin pushing the enemy away from their farm in my experience is asking to be ganked, especially pre-6.
Same applies to Talon, apart from I usually run ghost or flash on him to be a bit safer.
Probably just the result of experiences.

I'm still not fussed about losing 15AP/7AD on a mid-lane character, as I generally rather run MS quints anyhow. And the damage boost that they give (especially the AP ones) I'm not overly fussed about either.
And mana regen yellows comes to around 4 mana/5. I'm not going to sweat losing that either.

Searz, I know you have weird brain powers and stuff that let you know what the best runes are. I know you can prove it with graphs and other such hellspawned devices of logic and the dark arts of maths. I'm just too lazy to practice with those characters :P

Well it's kinda clear you don't play those champions much/well >.>

I'm just using logic to compare things.
It takes almost 20minutes for GP10 quints to give the same gold 15AP is worth. In those 20minutes you'll have to make do with (I'm serious) almost 10% less damage in 1.30 to 10min and 5% from 10 to 20min.
That's pretty HUGE for your lane.
Not to mention that once your inventory is full your GP10 quints are essentially useless while the AD/AP quints still help.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Mazuran
<Member>
Mazuran's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 5:21am | Report
Searz wrote:

Well it's kinda clear you don't play those champions much/well >.>

I'm just using logic to compare things.
It takes almost 20minutes for GP10 quints to give the same gold 15AP is worth. In those 20minutes you'll have to make do with (I'm serious) almost 10% less damage in 1.30 to 10min and 5% from 10 to 20min.
That's pretty HUGE for your lane.
Not to mention that once your inventory is full your GP10 quints are essentially useless while the AD/AP quints still help.

I'm not going to argue with that first point... I'm under no illusions as to my gaming abilities. -_-

Your point about having a full inventory is fair enough, but how many times do you finish an endgame build in a game? And at that endgame, is ~10 extra damage on an ability really going to make that much of a difference?

I'm not saying that you're wrong about the extra damage; I'm just suggesting that to some players free wards and pots are more important than ~10 extra damage on a spell throughout the game.
Senac
<Member>
Senac's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 6:44am | Report
I get a dorans ring and Kages on Orianna if I find Morellos or DFG useful. Normally I just get Morellos for the CDR and stuff, since DFGs range is a bit too low imo.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 6:54am | Report
Searz wrote:

@Koksei
I hope you're trolling.. Otherwise I'm real disapoint, son.

I am not trolling bro

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 2:08pm | Report
Sometimes on Cho Gath... but not usually on any AP mids that I play.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide