Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to beat full armor Poppy? (as Riven)

Creator: Canaa May 3, 2012 3:16pm
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2012 8:42am | Report
Instead of outdamaging her get MR?
Hexdrinker for examlpe (dunno if building an early 3rd item Banshee to counter her is a good choice).
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2012 3:47pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I don't think there's any real way to beat a poppy like that. Just focus on farming and only going aggressive when your jungler is gonna gank.

poppy outscales riven into the game, you can't really just farm, and going aggressive only when your jungler ganks is pretty obvious, most good players can pick up on that

but in regards to full armor poppy, try running a Wit's End, it deals magic damage and should dampen a little bit of her damage output
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2012 3:49pm | Report
Wit's End vs Maw of Malmortius, definitly Maw on Riven.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2012 3:56pm | Report
Agreed.

AS is a terrible stat on Riven.
True love is found only in yourself.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2012 4:11pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

poppy outscales riven into the game, you can't really just farm, and going aggressive only when your jungler ganks is pretty obvious, most good players can pick up on that

but in regards to full armor poppy, try running a Wit's End, it deals magic damage and should dampen a little bit of her damage output

Aggressive = slam Riven's head in the wall then proceed to ******** her with your jungler.

The fact that you even think it's something else makes me wonder..

Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2012 3:26am | Report
Just farm and wait for ganks.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2012 1:59pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Wit's End vs Maw of Malmortius, definitly Maw on Riven.

People don't run Wit's End top simply for the MR. If they did Hexdrinker would obviously be a better option, it always has been cost effective as an MR/Damage item, even before Maw. But people run Wit's End for the bonus magic damage from the proc in addition to the MR. This makes it difficult to just stack armor against them.

Searz wrote:

Aggressive = slam Poppy's head in the wall then proceed to ******** the kid with your jungler.

The fact that you even think it's something else makes me wonder..

I don't think anything you said in this post was even remotely connected to league except Poppy and jungler. I don't even understand what your post means, care to elaborate?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2012 3:13pm | Report
Oh derp. I wuz tired. I meant Riven. Comment edited for clarity.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 12:23am | Report
As a Poppy player: You can't beat Poppy in lane unless you get a ridiculous advantage somehow or the Poppy is just flat out bad. My suggestion is:

- Push lane and go roam, punish Poppy that she can't push as fast. If she follows you when roaming, she will lose a lot of farm - then simply circle around, back to the lane to push and don't get killed. Don't try to fight anything while she is following you. Grab objectives such as the Buffs and Dragon, counterjungle or maybe even gank bot/mid a few times. With that strategy, you have to make your roaming count in other lanes, as Poppy is freefarming - but not contributing to anything till around 20min.

- I don't advise to switch with the AP, since Poppy beats most of those

- Grabbing magic resist is advised over grabbing armor against Poppy. Most of Poppys harass will be her Q, which is all magic.

- Maybe even get teleport to have more globals presence (But not having ignite severly lowers your chance of killing Poppy)
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 1:15am | Report
the idea should be to push her to the turret all day
with riven you cant beat her in trades but poppy has no way of wavecontrol!

Keep the waves pushed and take the jungle/go roam. Thats the strategy i use vs a good poppy.
That way she will get some farm but you will be able to make something happen midlane/get an early dragon.

Ganking poppy is rarely a good idea since she can just ult one of you and/or slam her way out of there

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide