Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How you would rework the Mages

Creator: NicknameMy April 3, 2016 3:02am
1 2
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2016 10:31am | Report
You should start thinking of reworks for new champions since all the old ones are techincally outdated, hence once they're updated the new ones will need to go down the same path.

What do you mean "this is an artificial cycle of "new vs old", imposed by riot to make it seem like their game is always fresh?"

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2016 1:37pm | Report
Oh, don't worry, that's all taken care of. New champions these days get designed with a rework in mind. When the time comes they can just take it out of the archive.

Don't believe those baseless theories, they are created by the illuminati to establish a state of panic in the general public. I know because I work for them too. Long days man.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2016 11:39am | Report
As for the rework I posted, you also have to consider long earlygame cooldowns, short spell range, lower damage and less reliable spells. This is what (should) keep the removal of mana in check.
The removal of mana i see mandatory if you want to create a champion that just spams spells permanently ( Riven) to get his voidlings.
The cooldown system I innovented there is something I think should be used more often to balance out champions, cooldown scaling with levels instead of ability levels are a nice way to keep things in check. For example, it could also help someone like Ryze.
The short spell range and delay + less reliability means, if you go 1k AP, you also die in 0.1 seconds. You need to build defense in order to survive that.
The stun duration is high, because it is a rather hard to hit spell, especially with the reduced range. It might go down from 2.0 to 1.5 in the process, but I would rather reduce the damage of the abilities instead of the CC. His Voidlings should be the main focus of damage anyway.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2016 4:22pm | Report
Vel'Koz will go full HENTAI.

As requested to GMD himself.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide