Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kayle as a Support

Creator: tombotron January 28, 2012 2:16pm
tombotron
<Member>
tombotron's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 6:51pm | Report
Tried one game today in ranked 5 v 5, we won but they ganked bot lane A LOT, so I basically just sacrificed myself and put my ultimate on our AD baiting them. We would usually come out with 3 kills for 1 death as our jungler and mid lane would follow theirs.

We were kayle + sivir vs sona + AD kennen (lol moscow 5 fanboys)

lane farm we were ahead a lot, problem was I died quite a bit from baiting but it didn't really matter in the end since they fell for the bait everytime. Will play some more games when I have time using different rune and mastery setup.

Also I honestly feel the harass is as good as Sona's if not better.
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 6:57pm | Report
Quoted:

Soraka and Sona are the two best supports in the game I really don't care what you think that's the facts dude.

Look at all the Tier list out there are they breaking it down by lane comp or are they going by overall skill of the champion to carry a game and these two in the support position do it the best.

Even though you're right about the "best two support champs", the tier list point isnt that relevant, really. When you play 1300-1400 ELO games with people you have no idea how the hell they got there, having a champion who can scale hardcore into late game is interesting. I am certainly not picking Janna when my team start saying ******ed stuff in champ select, ill pick something like Kayle and capitalize on the kills we get.
I always played 1500 and under, but I really feel any sort of "tier list" or "x is better than y because pros always play x" point rarely ever apply to this ELO range.

tl;dr: Kayle is a safe pick bellow 1500ELO when you dont trust your team.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 4:35am | Report
Support Kayle might work, but it's so much wasted potential shes far better as a carry and prob. Jungle Kayle is even better then support Kayle 8D
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 5:32am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Support Kayle might work, but it's so much wasted potential shes far better as a carry and prob. Jungle Kayle is even better then support Kayle 8D

Seems that Kayle isnt a good support

And RaNuD, to win low elo games, get this team:

Trynda, Twitch, Gangplank, *AP carry*, *Tank*
They really dont know how to counter those champions
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 1:46pm | Report
RaNuD wrote:

Even though you're right about the "best two support champs", the tier list point isnt that relevant, really. When you play 1300-1400 ELO games with people you have no idea how the hell they got there, having a champion who can scale hardcore into late game is interesting. I am certainly not picking Janna when my team start saying ******ed stuff in champ select, ill pick something like Kayle and capitalize on the kills we get.
I always played 1500 and under, but I really feel any sort of "tier list" or "x is better than y because pros always play x" point rarely ever apply to this ELO range.

tl;dr: Kayle is a safe pick bellow 1500ELO when you dont trust your team.

So you would rather pick Kayle over Soraka and Sona at the moment?
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 2:26pm | Report
Quoted:

So you would rather pick Kayle over Soraka and Sona at the moment?

"At the moment"? Just ask "So you would rather pick Kayle over Soraka and Sona?", Kayle will never be better support than Sona or Soraka
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 2:29pm | Report
Any time you say something like, "X and X do X job best, that's the facts" in a game as loose and wide open as League, a little red light goes off in my head :P
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 2:39pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Any time you say something like, "X and X do X job best, that's the facts" in a game as loose and wide open as League, a little red light goes off in my head :P

Akali does base attack speed the best.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 3:04pm | Report
huheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheuehuheuheuheueheueheeueheuheuheuheueeheuehueheueheueheue
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 3:13pm | Report
Quoted:

Soraka and Sona are the two best supports in the game I really don't care what you think that's the facts dude.

Look at all the Tier list out there are they breaking it down by lane comp or are they going by overall skill of the champion to carry a game and these two in the support position do it the best.

I semi-aggree. Sona is indeed the best support there is right now. BUT soraka being the second best is HIGHLY situational... It all comes down to the ad u have, and ur enemies team composition.
Vayne doesn't want soraka, Kog maw doesn't want soraka. Just to mention 2 ad-carries. They both need ur support to have some kind of way to keep the enemy away from them, soraka just doesn't offer that.
TL;DR Soraka is strong but not necessarily 2nd best.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide