Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Looking to optimize my build for the new Kat

Creator: PsiGuard August 16, 2012 2:02am
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:15am | Report
Don't forget, having gunblade adds about 250 damage (plus the AD scaling) to your combo as well as a slow better than Rylai's for chasing targets.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:18am | Report
I have to admit, as Khazem said, that gets pretty hard to manage, especially alongside the rest of her kit which refreshes a few times in team fights. I decided to not use that as an excuse for a different build though. :P
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:29am | Report
Only issue with that is that Gunblade slow is a one use thing...rylai's is constant slow on everything.

You could get both and have a lot of damn slow lawl.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:39am | Report

Only issue with that is that Gunblade slow is a one use thing...rylai's is constant slow on everything.

You could get both and have a lot of damn slow lawl.

Rylai's is only a 15% slow on half of her skills though.

I guess it depends on what high priority targets are.
True love is found only in yourself.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 10:41am | Report
rylai's is also a 15% slow on most of the skills of lots of champions people still buy it on...xD

it's a good AP and health item, and Kat can use the health since she's kinda in melee range for the majority of her combo.
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 12:37pm | Report
A few thought came up when I read the comments...

DFG+Zhonya+Gunblade makes quite a lot of stuff to manage indeed, even thought you'll probably end up throwing errrything on a single target, save . It's still manageable but I'm pretty sure most of my friends would just say "eff dat". I guess it could be worth trying, though.

I disagree with the point that was made, landing an autoattack after is very easy, and I think they fixed along the other champion skills so you automaticly try to AA your target once your skill is over. That being said, I rarely ever get Lich Bane on Kat, and when I do, it's mostly because I feel I'm a bit too vulnerable to magic attacks/skillshots while I dont want to sacrifice damage output.
And man, I just love that proc when I have .

For , I feel the CC is overkill in most cases, while the defensive stats just dont go so well with your spellvamp. I would largely prefer having both and along my defensive items ( + ) than a bunch of HP. Flat HP just doesnt interract with spellvamp in any way, while resistances make every health point you vamp more effective.
I would still get it when my team forgets to pick any champion with reliable CC, though.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 12:57pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

^I agree with your core. It's the rest I'm trying to sort out.

Would that include Gunblade as well? Double spellvamp?

That's what I would do, zhonya is pretty much only for when you have someone that goes in head first (vlad, morg, kennen) or some kind of "safety + armor", katarina is not one of those I'd say. You wanna wait for those good opportunities. You're gonna have a bit less damage but more spellvamp and utility for your team.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 2:14pm | Report
Zhonya's Hourglass seems pretty core to me if I didnt think I could managed three activate items I would drop Deathfire Grasp out of the three. Not really sure why people like Rylai's Crystal Scepter you pay what 3150 for it and you really don't get that much out of it.

RaNuD wrote:

Flat HP just doesnt interract with spellvamp in any way, while resistances make every health point you vamp more effective.
I would still get it when my team forgets to pick any champion with reliable CC, though.

^this couldn't be said better^
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 3:51pm | Report
The remake didn't really do anything to make varying the pre change build less viable.

However, now you can choose to focus into AoE/Single Target/Survivability builds rather than the standard "gotta kill em all" build.

"What do I mean" you ask?

I mean that you can either go flat out glass cannon who tries to nuke the whole enemy team, or you can focus as a single target assassin, or you can build some more durability to make your presence longer lasting. Or some combination thereof.

Pure Glass cannon:
-Gunblade
-Sorcs
-Rabadon's
-Abyssal
-Void Staff/Hourglass
-situational (banshee's/guardian/QSS/Rylai's)

Single Target Assassin:
-DFG
-WoTA (or Gunblade)
-Rabadon's
-Lichbane (potentially)
-Sorcs
-Void Staff/

Survival
-Rylai's
-WoTA (or Gunblade)
-Mercs/CDR boots
-Abyssal
-Hourglass
-Void Staff/GA/QSS/Banshee's/Rabadon's

I know the differences are minimal, but each build affords a bit of a different playstyle. Obviously with DFG you're trying to get in and focus the enemy ADC or mage. With the survivability you rely less heavily on bursting someone/some people down and try to get your Q/W/E off as often as possible saving your R for good moments. With Glass cannon you're trying to go in and do as much damage as possible in the least amount of time to as many enemies as you can.

This is just my opinion, others may disagree and think there is only one viable option to building Kat.
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2012 4:22pm | Report

This is just my opinion, others may disagree and think there is only one viable option to building Kat.

Many things are just a matter of opinion, but stating there is more than one viable option to building a champion is like saying there are more than one viable way to build a bridge. How can anyone disagree with something like that? You gotta choose what build suits your situation the best, though.

TL;DR: Impossible to disagree with something like that it you're serious.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide