Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Malady and Madred's Bloodrazor, two useless items

Creator: NicknameMy May 4, 2012 1:58pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 10:06pm | Report
Creating a new item which builds out of Malady is also an idea, I had that one aswell before, but the difference to Hexdrinker is that Malady isn't used because nearly no champ can use the combination of the stats. If you just make an upgrade for it, it doesn't help that much.
He is gonna kill you!!!
NinjaSprite
<Member>
NinjaSprite's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 10:14pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Creating a new item which builds out of Malady is also an idea, I had that one aswell before, but the difference to Hexdrinker is that Malady isn't used because nearly no champ can use the combination of the stats. If you just make an upgrade for it, it doesn't help that much.

I'm fairly certain you just copied word for word what other people have said in this thread throughout that whole post.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2012 10:22pm | Report
And? It was an answer to the idea to make an upgrade to Malady. Is that so wrong?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 9:47am | Report
Well... Madred's bloodrazor isn't useless... at all...

I'm gonna take an assumption that AD=Magicdamage and Magicdamage=AD for the sake of easier equations. Keep in mind though, that AD-damage>Magic damage cuz crit.
Same amount of AS like wits end so that's the same.
Against a 2000 hp enemy champion madreds does 120 damage. that's 3 times the damage a wits end does. we're missing out on between 5-25 resist. I'm gonna make the equation of armour/value from a cloth armor the least cost effective armor item in the game. so each resist point is worth 16,5 gold
This means around 83,33333333-416,6666667 worth of resist stats.

So to outline it comparing madreds to one of the considered most cost effective items in the game wits end.
It costs double the price.
It does 3 times as much damage(worst case scenario).
Wits end=2000, 2000*3=6000
It lacks 400 gold of resist.
6000-400=5600
It gives immensely fast barons.
U can't put a price on this
So this bad item, if we compare the stats to one of the considered best items in the game, it's much more cost effective.

Btw, this is the old Wits end.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 10:00am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Like the Hexdrinker, though, they'd probably reduce the components to build Malady down to two, removing one of the daggers, lowering the price, and reducing the stats.

The funny thing is, that's exactly what I was thinking this morning.

Dagger(420) + Amplifying Tome(435) + Recipe(445) = New Malady(1300).

25% AS, 35 AP, 8 Shred for 3 hits.

New item: Malady + Blasting Wand + 540 Recipe = Item for 2600 gold

25% or 30% AS, 80 AP, 10 or 12 shred for 4 hits.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 11:20am | Report
Quoted:

Against a 2000 hp enemy champion madreds does 120 damage. that's 3 times the damage a wits end does.

Madred's Bloodrazor only hits for 4% of an enemy's max HP, so against a 2000 HP champion it would do 80 damage, not 120. This is roughly twice the damage on Wit's End, not triple it. Your value for the Bloodrazor, then, would come out to 3600, which is pretty close to its cost.

I don't think this is the right way to try to value the Bloodrazor, though. Using some old numbers of mine, you're paying 1140.56 gold for its passive. Finding the value for the on-hit magic damage it deals is difficult, but for the sake of argument I'm going to use the 39.06 gold I calculated for AD, because the Bloodrazor is a bad choice for crit-heavy builds anyway. Using these numbers, the Bloodrazor only needs to deal about 29.2 damage in order to break even on gold cost to item value, which means that the target's HP only needs to be about 730. Even using a value-per-damage as low as 20 gold, the Bloodrazor is cost-efficient before 1500 enemy HP.

The main thing I'm trying to show with these calculations is that the Bloodrazor remains a cost-efficient item even against squishy targets, and becomes obviously god-like against those who stack HP. It's an excellent mid- to late-game choice on champions that don't build much damage and can make good use of the attack speed it provides, such as Udyr and Warwick.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2012 12:40pm | Report
^You need to consider that all items give bonuses a lot bigger than the combined cost. You get an extra bonus for finishing an item. Thus you can't put a real value on the passive on MBR.
But I would say that against enemies with above 2500HP it's a good item for anyone that doesn't build crit or armor penetration.

MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 6:32pm | Report
Oh how I would love it if they buffed these items. Why? because I already rape when I build them. No they shouldn't be built on tanky dps (not enough bang for the buck) or AD (wtf why would you ever do that?) they are meant for people going on hit. kayle/kog maw destroy with these items. malady does actually give you quite the damage boost early and gives it much sooner than your opponents get their damage items making it easier to farm, poke, take towers, take drag, and get ahead. Later you simply sell it off for another item. The madred's is great all game unlike the malady (which only really falls off when you have enough for better items anyway which causes no problem) So all in all these are niche items. They failed miserably at what they were designed for and what people try to use them for but are complete successes with on hit champs. Good days sir. And keep asking for that buff to these items. I'd just love to become even more ridiculously strong early game and able to retain even more power into late. That'd be perfect.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 9:36pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Madred's Bloodrazor only hits for 4% of an enemy's max HP, so against a 2000 HP champion it would do 80 damage, not 120. This is roughly twice the damage on Wit's End, not triple it. Your value for the Bloodrazor, then, would come out to 3600, which is pretty close to its cost.

I don't think this is the right way to try to value the Bloodrazor, though. Using some old numbers of mine, you're paying 1140.56 gold for its passive. Finding the value for the on-hit magic damage it deals is difficult, but for the sake of argument I'm going to use the 39.06 gold I calculated for AD, because the Bloodrazor is a bad choice for crit-heavy builds anyway. Using these numbers, the Bloodrazor only needs to deal about 29.2 damage in order to break even on gold cost to item value, which means that the target's HP only needs to be about 730. Even using a value-per-damage as low as 20 gold, the Bloodrazor is cost-efficient before 1500 enemy HP.

The main thing I'm trying to show with these calculations is that the Bloodrazor remains a cost-efficient item even against squishy targets, and becomes obviously god-like against those who stack HP. It's an excellent mid- to late-game choice on champions that don't build much damage and can make good use of the attack speed it provides, such as Udyr and Warwick.

4%2000=80
40 ad......
80+40, it's not math for geniousses my friend...

The only problem is the INCREDIBLY HIGH PRICE!
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 1:26am | Report
But, you also have to consider into the calculation, that the AD isn't that great on on-hit champs, while the passive also gets a hard hit from magic resistance. And Malady can't counter that MR.

For AD, the passive is, if the enemy has 100 mr, only 2%. And since you want to focus with it tanky champions, I don't see why.
So if you calculate the mr at 100, it would be cost efficient if the enemy has 5000 or more HP. So, it would only be cost efficient if you use it vs a Cho'Gath with Warmog's Armor an Frozen Mallet, which would have 4750 HP. Oh, forget about that, he has Force of Nature, Mercury's Treads and Wit's End aswell. (And Frozen Heart, but that doesn't matter)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide