Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Malady and Madred's Bloodrazor, two useless items

Creator: NicknameMy May 4, 2012 1:58pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 4:00am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

But, you also have to consider into the calculation, that the AD isn't that great on on-hit champs, while the passive also gets a hard hit from magic resistance. And Malady can't counter that MR.

For AD, the passive is, if the enemy has 100 mr, only 2%. And since you want to focus with it tanky champions, I don't see why.
So if you calculate the mr at 100, it would be cost efficient if the enemy has 5000 or more HP.

Wow... You got no ****ing clue.

ALL damage is reduced by resistances. What does it matter if it's magical or physical when you're not building penetration?
It doesn't. (in case the rhetorical question was too hard to understand)

And you took the 2500HP from my approximate evaluation and doubled it because the damage is reduced by MR.. Just wow...
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 4:58am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

Just pointing out, but the same argument applies to basically any damage-dealing item. And most champions have well over 30 armor at level 18, even accounting for ArPen in its various forms. So either there's no point building damage items, or there's a flaw in your argument.

That's not my point.
Madred's whole purpose is to shred high-health enemies.
In terms of damage, Infinity Edge and other AD items deal more damage to enemies with less health as compared to Madred's. No champion would ever get Madred's as a core because AD items simply provide more sustained damage.
Madred's is meant to counter enemy champions.
If you're spending 3800 gold on an item designated to counter a certain item build and then have an enemy spend 740 to effectively decrease the counter's effectiveness while also not deviating far away from the nchamp's original purpose, then there's a problem.
Madred's isn't useless, it's just weak right now because of it's price.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 7:38am | Report
Searz wrote:

Wow... You got no ****ing clue.

ALL damage is reduced by resistances. What does it matter if it's magical or physical when you're not building penetration?
It doesn't. (in case the rhetorical question was too hard to understand)

And you took the 2500HP from my approximate evaluation and doubled it because the damage is reduced by MR.. Just wow...

As an AD, you will have Last Whisper and Weapon Expertise , so ~50% Armorpen. But Madred's Bloodrazor deals magic damage and because of that items like Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster are more cost efficient than Madred's Bloodrazor. Madred's Bloodrazor wouldn't help you, even vs high HP enemys. Just get another Bloodthirster.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 8:25am | Report
Aaaaand you're still clueless.
The item is NOT for AD carries. It's for tanky champions who can make good use of the AS and don't build penetration. Like Warwick.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 12:17pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Aaaaand you're still clueless.
The item is NOT for AD carries. It's for tanky champions who can make good use of the AS and don't build penetration. Like Warwick.

My lategame Udyr <3's Bloodrazor. Key word, lategame. Honestly its not as bad as people think, they just don't put it on anyone but a carry. Which, as Searz pointed out, is silly.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2012 7:02pm | Report
Yeah actually WW with a fromal FH and a bloodrazor is kinda terror.
Foose
<Member>
Foose's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 3:12am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Yeah actually WW with a fromal FH and a bloodrazor is kinda terror.

Does WW still run magicpen marks?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 4:36am | Report
^As far as I know, yes.
When I say build I mean build, as in buying items.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 11:58am | Report
I take full ad quints and reds :)
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2012 1:17pm | Report
^That works well against melee enemies without much ranged damage or burst, otherwise I'd go with MrP+defensive quints/MS quints.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide