Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Mid lane Jarman. Dunklane.

Creator: Wheew EUW February 12, 2013 12:56pm
Wheew EUW
<Member>
Wheew EUW's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2013 12:56pm | Report
Pretty much, i picked jarvan mid when i was playing with a friend, i got camped early got behind 2 levels.
When i hit 6 i pretty much went on a rampage on there tf.
Went from level behind to legendary 1v3 triple kill jarvan 1 combo the enemy adc and ap carry at the same time pretty much......

U can dump on pretty much any mid as far as i know.
The killing potential at level 6 is insane.
U win any trade at lvl 2-3 as far as i know.

I was able to 50% the enemy tf in 1 combo at lvl 2......

Seems op to me.
If u get a ap top (Vlad elise rumble etc.) Ur set.
HOW DID I FORGET MY SINGED in the list of top laners.
:D
Check out my singed guide :)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2013 1:06pm | Report
Well, you're winning mid because of 3 things.

1: You're an AD champ with a lot of phys damage vs champs that have very little armor, usually.

2: You have a really strong gap closer, that is also tied to CC that can't be cleansed or reduced.

3: Gap closer and Cataclysm are forcing them to fight at close range, which mages typically aren't good at.

Is it a good strategy? Sure.
Will it win every lane? Probably not if they're slightly better than you.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2013 1:11pm | Report
It's also worth noting that I can think of a few APs off the top of my head that I really wouldn't want to try this against, because you'll jump on them and they'll go "Oh, we're fighting now? Okay. Thanks for getting in my range." and then kill you or "Oh, you want to fight me? No thanks. Bye." and then use a lower-CD skill to jump out of your ult (and probably then kill you while your ult's on cooldown).
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Wheew EUW
<Member>
Wheew EUW's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2013 1:19pm | Report
Ye i was also thinking about this, leblanc will probably walk all over jarvan with that silence and silly burst, jarvan won't farm safely.
Also no need to tell me why i win lane as i know that ^^

Probably people would say ahri is good as she can escape your ult.
U see ahri's hp. U see it, u see that 1k hp.
Its gone.........

Tanky mages as ryze should do well too.
Karthus will get dived 6 times be4 20 mins.
Check out my singed guide :)
GreenFrogs
<Member>
GreenFrogs's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2013 1:00pm | Report
Yes. He's very strong in mid for multiple reasons. He's got great poke with his Q, a super gap closer with CC, and a lot of kill potential once he hits level 2 and 6. Don't think of his ultimate though, in a 1v1, as something to stop them from escaping, though it will stop them if they have no flash, but more of a burst ability. A jarvan with a brutalizer at level 6 can almost 100-0 champs without any defense. He's got strong waveclear as well. And the concern that champions with that benefit from people getting into their range? Just kill them before they can do anything to you. You will blow leblanc up before she can Q R you. Why? You're the one initiating, or should be, which means she has to react. By the time your knock up CC ends, you'll have ulted + ignited her. She's dead. Stop taking into account whether or not champs can get out of your ultimate if you get to the point where you end up ulting, they're probably going to die. Ryze will also get domped on because at level 2 you can take him below half health with just a Q + E and one auto. If you play it right I don't see anyone shutting you down. I mean, just look at your kit.
If you think I did a good job criticizing a guide or giving helpful info, or for just being a bawz of a bro, rep would be awesome :)

OR

Check out Dat Kha'zix Guide
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 8:05pm | Report
Ad bruiser mids are painful.
A lot of ap mids players sometimes start without armour seals, along with their naturally squishier base stats, making them extremly vunerale to Jarvan IV's armour pen and high base damaging moves.

Good ap mids players willl just start with armour and 5 pots and just out sustain you which you get poked out of lane. He is quite strong agaisnt aps with a bad laning phase, but champs like Ahri and Morgana will just happily farm around you.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 8:06pm | Report
Champs like Kass or Leblanc can just dash out of that ult and kite you after it. And i'm not sure if locking yourself in with a Kat or an Akali would be very safe. I've only faced 1 JMan mid so far though, so not sure.
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 8:09pm | Report
Wheew EUW wrote:

Probably people would say ahri is good as she can escape your ult.
U see ahri's hp. U see it, u see that 1k hp.
Its gone.........

Tanky mages as ryze should do well too.
Karthus will get dived 6 times be4 20 mins.

I would rater dive Ryze in the early game rather than Karthus and his Wall of Pain.
Plus as stated, it is not about trapping them in the Cataclysm, it is about the damage it instantly nukes them with when coupled with Ignite.

Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 8:10pm | Report
Jarvan IV with flat MR glyphs would easily out burst Akali and Katarina at level 6.
While also being able to CC and interupt both of them in the process.

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2013 8:16pm | Report
Hmm not a big Kat player or Akali player, I agree with you on out-bursting Kat, but if he's initiating with his Q-E-R, he won't be able to stop her ult for a while. And I could see Akali stealthing inside that ult and Q-Auto-E-R ing him a few times
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide