Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Most influential role?

Creator: l337n00bh4x0r January 31, 2012 12:30pm
1 2
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 7:36pm | Report
If you want someone who MITIGATES the chances of losing, you probably want either a jungle or a solo top.

A jungle like Snoopeh can completely influence the game by getting rid of wards, constantly ganking lanes, etc.

If you can somehow manage to be with a lane all game (not sure how but your problem not mine) then that really really helps your team out.

So either a) jungle or b) Support/tanky guy

l337n00bh4x0r
<Member>
l337n00bh4x0r's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 7:56pm | Report
Thanks for the suggestion, Duff. I've played probably 5 games each of 3v3 and Dominion. I'll give those a shot. Different champions to get used to seeing, different map. Maybe just the change of scenery will be refreshing. I loved DotA, and love LoL. It's just that losing isn't fun, and winning isn't fun when I know I used a gimmick and simply exploited somebody's mistakes or weaknesses over and over to get fed.

I played one game earlier today and gave Maokai jungle a shot. Except ... not. Our Morde never made it into the game, I took mid, and we lost 4v5. I suggested our opponents push mid and get the game over in like 5 mins, and I got threatened with getting reported. By their team, not mine. Go figure. Happy hunting, and thanks for the time everybody. ;)
Nny00000
<Member>
Nny00000's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 8:45pm | Report
I agree with Duff; In fact - since you said that you want your biggest role as not the steamroller but to lower the chance of losing - I think Bottom on Dominion sounds prefect role for you.

It's generally a role that does not get much love (Bottom rarely finishes towards the top on the scoreboard and not much killing action) but it's also incredibly important to be able to hold bot by your self. A good bot while losing will be able to hold the tower well even in 2v1 gank situations (Allowing all 4 other teammates to focus top) and a good bot while winning will be able to gain their bot when a top comes to help gank for a faster win.

Windmill is normally what wins games, but a good bot enhances windmill power.

Out of the champs you listed, the only one I don't know how they do bot is Taric; All of Cho'Gath, Soraka, and Maokai are strong down there. Yorick is probably the best if you end up liking it; Every time I've seen a competent Yorick bot, he's rolled; Only real counter I can think of off the top of my head is Trundle (Who's also a CC heavy guy you might like).
Talkin' **** about a pretty sunset
Dzeno
<Member>
Dzeno's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 2:53am | Report
Nny00000 wrote:

I agree with Duff; In fact - since you said that you want your biggest role as not the steamroller but to lower the chance of losing - I think Bottom on Dominion sounds prefect role for you.

It's generally a role that does not get much love (Bottom rarely finishes towards the top on the scoreboard and not much killing action) but it's also incredibly important to be able to hold bot by your self. A good bot while losing will be able to hold the tower well even in 2v1 gank situations (Allowing all 4 other teammates to focus top) and a good bot while winning will be able to gain their bot when a top comes to help gank for a faster win.

Windmill is normally what wins games, but a good bot enhances windmill power.

Out of the champs you listed, the only one I don't know how they do bot is Taric; All of Cho'Gath, Soraka, and Maokai are strong down there. Yorick is probably the best if you end up liking it; Every time I've seen a competent Yorick bot, he's rolled; Only real counter I can think of off the top of my head is Trundle (Who's also a CC heavy guy you might like).

Bottom doesn't get highest score on dominion haha :p

Yes you absolutely can if you have a decent to good game with heimerdinger I used to play dominion a lot and at the end always went heimer dinger bot with Garrison and Promote using this guide:http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/dominion-heimer-130249
however it was with the old masteries but my K/D/A ratios where so damn good I only failed 1 game or so with him. The other games I lost were due to leavers or the rest of the people failing top.
The only annoying enemies are probably leblanc, akali, brand and twitch, still not so much if they 1v1 you on your tower (especialy when you've Zhonya's Hourglass) but when they come at you 2v1 with 1 tankier dude.
Normally you still always win a 2v1 and 3v1 on your tower, you even win 4v1 or 5v1 if they are stupid and you've got all your spells up and Zhonya's Hourglass. But such a situation should never happen, because that means you've a really stupid team
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide