Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Ryze Counters

Creator: Vitigam March 19, 2012 4:40am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 9:22pm | Report
Which means Ryze counters Veigar, but I think a champion with a stun would do the best. That, or Talon. Mid Talon is quite popular lately

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 4:20am | Report
Yeah, Talon mid is pretty annoying, but not that big of a threat if you can harass him from a distance.
Thanks to Miss Maw

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 8:06am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I just think his impact on a game is low when compared to more devastating single action champions like Cass or single target DPSers like Ryze.

Swain just sorta DoTs the **** out of one guy and walks around shootings birds and meh.

Swain's burst is better than Ryze's.

Swain doesn't have much instant burst per se, but he has burst over 2seconds.
It's all his E. The damage increase on it is borderline OP.
Both his single target and AoE damage is pretty high. His only real weakness would be that he's weak against kiting, imo.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 8:20am | Report
Swain is really strong mid game, amazing burst and tankiness with few items, but somehow I feel that his effectiveness gets weaker in end game.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 10:50am | Report
Searz wrote:

Swain's burst is better than Ryze's.

Swain doesn't have much instant burst per se, but he has burst over 2seconds.
It's all his E. The damage increase on it is borderline OP.
Both his single target and AoE damage is pretty high. His only real weakness would be that he's weak against kiting, imo.

Of course his single spell rotation does more damage than ryze's single spell rotation on a single target, but I don't really agree that he has more burst, simply because Ryze's damage can potentially chunk the whole team if they're clumped up. It happens all the time at all levels of play, the enemy groups too tight and Ryze turns with ulti and chunks the fock out of them.

Also, Ryze is a sustained DPS so his burst is supposed to lower, and it is against a single target, but over time he will out DPS a Swain. If he can stay on a target, he will generally have the better damage output.

I've played some Swain and I've seen how he works. He can deal a lot of damage and while I recognize that, I'm just not a big fan of his ulti outside of lane phase and I just feel that all in all he's a lower impact champion than some of the alternative options.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 11:10am | Report
Swain and Ryze are quite similar champions if you think about it. Ryze is more burst-typed when Swain just continually deals a **** load of damage. Swain would be stronger in lane but in a team fight Ryze could most likely deal more damage to a SINGLE target. Especially if they let him combo like:

Probably the deadliest combo around, can probably kill 2 carries if not more.

Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 11:27am | Report
They're both more towards sustained DPS as far as casters go, but both deal some burst.

TBH Swain has amazing single target DPS, as does Ryze.

I just think Ryze is a higher impact champion.
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 11:36am | Report
I think if you put Ryze and Swain in a similar situation, they'd do about the same.

BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 11:58am | Report
I've been hearing that Ryze > Morgana > Sion > Ryze

So with that in mind, Ryze would be countered (or at least have a disadvantage) when confronted with a Sion in lane.
"You don't reach the top without a good Sherpa."
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 21, 2012 12:13pm | Report
I really don't see how a fast-response Ryze could lose to Sion. I'd say a good counter for Ryze is a champ, that can outrange him. I played few games as Xerath against Ryze and if you can take advantage of your ranges, you can eventually prevent him from comboing you every time you want to duel.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide