Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Support AD pairings/counters

Creator: ApcolypticMufin
February 2, 2012 7:59pm
4 posts page 1 of 1 Forums » Theory Crafting & Ideation » Support AD pairings/counters
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by ApcolypticMufin » February 2, 2012 7:59pm | Report
I'm attempting to make a list of what support/ad pairings work well together in bot, and what counters certain bot lane champs. I haven't played all supports, so getting other player's input would help.

I figure Janna and Ashe would work well, as Ashe's slow and all of Janna's CC would synergize well, and it could probably be countered by a heavy harassment duo, like Caitlyn+ Sona.

Leona and Caitlyn I've found to be a good combo, mainly because it's insanely easy for Cait to be/get in range for harassment no matter when Leona stuns with an E+Q.Not to mention good placement of Cait's traps, and well timed Leona stuns could make for some good chain-stun skirmishes. It could probably be countered by a passive lane duo, like Soraka+ Ashe or something.

Sivir's short range but high damage, plus Sona's passive/ult could let them punish anyone who gets to close, keeping them from commiting to fights, while being able to heal up after any sort of poke. A duo with good early game burst damage and healing (like, say, Soraka+ Graves) could counter them.

Janna or Alistar could probably lane well with Caitlyn for a ton of lane control through CC and traps. Probably being countered by Sivir+ Soraka to heal through skirmishes, and Sivir Sheild those traps away.

Anyone else's thoughts/ideas?
You should check out my Soraka and Ahri guides!
ApcolypticMufin's Forum Avatar

ApcolypticMufin
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by Rozsud3k » February 2, 2012 9:02pm | Report
Taric + Caitlyn

The 2 second stun will allow Cait to get her trap down on the stunned enemy. The stun-snare will last quite a long time and will open up for tons of harassment. Taric can easily heal any harassment laid on Cait.

Too bad Taric's gay.

I don't even
Rozsud3k's Forum Avatar

Rozsud3k
<Member>
Rep: Unremarkable (12)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by tehAsian » February 2, 2012 9:32pm | Report
Taric and AD Sion Glhf~
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
tehAsian's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
tehAsian
<Veteran>
Rep: Distinguished (247)
Blog   |   Profile
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend by CasterMaster » February 2, 2012 9:34pm | Report
I just did a support Tristana laning with AD Vayne. I have to say it was seriously MAGNIFICENT

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
Rep: Esteemed (316)
Blog   |   Profile

Quick Reply:

Guest commenting is currently disabled, please log in or sign up to respond!