Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Typical AD Carry Runes?

Creator: MasterShorty June 13, 2012 9:12am
1 2
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 11:24am | Report
Sweet christ no.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 11:43am | Report
Searz wrote:

ArP marks
Armor seals
Mana-reg/lvl or MR/lvl glyphs
AD quints

These are best 90% of the time.

AD marks can be used if you want lasthitting assistance and/or more damage the first 3 levels.

^pretty much this. Mp5/lvl glyphs are really nice on some specific champions, though if you're looking for a more general page, you can't go wrong with MR/lvl glyphs. Armor Seals and AD quints are pretty much a must-have unless you're going for a very specific page like DuffTime. Marks can be arpen or AD, nothing else.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 2:18pm | Report
I still run 16+16@18 ad runes and 9-21-0 masteries for Ashe. It works for me. I don't get spiked down as easily, I can get into position with the extra 3% move speed without having to use quints and I can still last hit through the entirety of lane phase without having to resort to a Pickaxe before I get a B. F. Sword. It hasn't affected my ability to carry games not having Executioner or Havoc or Lethality or +6 armor pen.

Graves Taric is a different story.

Trying to rely on armor pen hasn't done very much for me. I haven't gotten much out of armor pen starting Berserker's Greaves>> Infinity Edge>> Zeal>> Last Whisper which seems like the best build most of the time for me.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 3:34pm | Report
^Well there's a good reason nobody uses AD/lvl runes. They're rubbish.

Want early damage? Get AD runes.

Want lategame damage? Get ArP runes.

Don't use AD/lvl runes.

You should also be running 21/9/0 instead of 21 defense, because the other 12 points you spend in defense are a lot worse than what you can get in offense. Defense really isn't worth it for AD carries after the first 9 points.

EVILISLEMONS
<Member>
EVILISLEMONS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 17, 2012 5:52pm | Report
I run AD and Armor runes for most of my carries. It's proven to be a lot of help for me in top lane. Bottom lane too but not to a great extent as top lane.
----> My First Ahri Guide. <---- Please give me a chance and take a look at it! It'd be much appreciated!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide