MOBAFire and League of Legends News posted by various authors among the MOBAFire community.
Take a Gander at Me Latest Catch: Sales on Skins and Champions
Avast summoners! ‘Tis I, Spooky Gangplank, with a fresh boatload ‘o skins and champeens fer ye! After risin' from me watery grave, I've plied the briny deep in search of new plunder and sent many a scurvy dog ta Davy Jones's locker. I've picked up more than a few treasures to offset me losses and I'm willin' ta share me catch with you landlubbers at a discount.
Take a gander at these skins and champions me hearties, and tell me if they be what yer lookin' for…
- Trundle's stink could drop a gull at fifty paces, but there's no truer friend in a scrap. Even his drool comes in handy when swabbin' the decks. Pick him up fer just 487 RP.
- Cho'Gath looks tough but he's really not so… all right, I wake up screamin' in me coffin at the very thought of him. Take him off me hands fer only 292 RP.
- Kassadin comes with his own air supply… very handy fer scrapin' barnacles off the hull, and a bargain at 487 RP.
- Imperial Lux is in the mix as well. Oh aye, Gangplank has seen the future… and it wears a red beret. Grab it fer 487 RP
- Lord Mordekaiser isn't much on the open waves – that axe'll send him straight to the bottom – but on the fields, I'd think twice before temptin' his wrath. 487 RP and I'm cuttin' me own throat with that price.
- Northern Front Swain seems snug as a crow's nest on a clear day in his winter furs. The frozen wastes are too cold fer the likes of me – ectoplasm freezes somthin' awful – so I'll never be able ta ask him where he got that hat. Grab him fer 487 RP.
These be fair deals and true, though they cannot last long: from May 1 to May 4 only. Then I'm shippin' out and I'm takin' them all with me. Act now, me hearties… ole Spooky Gangplank won't steer ye wrong!
Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes
Welcome to the Patch Preview, summoners! In the Patch Preview, we’ll be looking into gameplay changes for existing champions, items, and other gameplay, as opposed to information about Varus himself. In this episode, we discuss our changes for Alistar, Amumu, Leona, Nunu, Taric, Master Yi, Ryze, and a number of items! For more information about these updates, take a look at the video!
New Bundles Featuring Dastardly Villainy and Thrilling Heroics
Over the course of the next several weeks we’ll be offering a series of experimental bundles in an effort to bring you more value for your RP. These deals will be in addition to your regularly scheduled sales, and will offer deals on groups of champions and skins of different themes and sizes. We want to hear your constructive feedback on these bundles and learn how we can make them better as we go, so be sure to let us know in the comment thread how we can improve.
Some days, life puts some pretty tough choices in front of you. Take today for instance. Today, we’re offering a couple new bundles in the League of Legends Store, each featuring a pair of champions. One pair is poised to defend the defenseless, and fight for what’s right. The other is so positively dastardly that even the most twisted of evil-doers shudders to think what they might be capable of if they joined forces.
Here are the dazzlingly virtuous and deliciously wicked bundles you’ll find in the League of Legends Store this week.
The dynamic duo of Chosen Master Yi and Super Teemo will be joining forces for 1346 RP.
If you’d rather play the part of the arch-nemesis, you can pick up both Cryocore Brand and Mad Scientist Singed for 1573 RP.
Whether you’re ready to launch a rescue party or you’re possessed of calamitous intent you’ll want to convene over at the League of Legends Store.
Next Patch: The Full Release of Spectator Mode!
We are pleased to announce that we’re closing the books on our Spectator Mode beta and moving into our full release. In the coming patch, we’re rolling out some exciting new features that will bring your experience spectating games to the next level. In the full release of Spectator Mode you’ll be able to jump to specific points in the action with Timeshift controls, allow the computer to control your perspective through Directed Camera, and spectate your friends’ games that are already in progress. You can even watch top players by selecting from a number of Featured Games pre-selected for you on the PvP.net landing page.
For a full rundown of the new features available in the full release of Spectator Mode, take a look at the video below.
Spectate Your Friends
In the full release of Spectator Mode you’ll now have the option to drop in and watch a friend’s game that’s currently underway. To select this option, simply right click on their nameplate in your Friends List, and select the “Spectate Game” option to begin watching. You will immediately join the selected game with the standard, three-minute delay already factored in. There’s no limit on how many players are allowed to observe a friend’s game in this manner.
Interested in watching a few matches featuring players at the very top of League of Legends? When you load the client, you’ll now have a list of live Featured Games that you can view. These games showcase some of the best players that League of Legends has to offer, so be sure to check them out any time you’re interested in viewing some high-level play. There is no limit on how many players can observe a featured game.
We know how frustrating missing an important moment while viewing a heated battle on the Fields of Justice can be. So to prevent you from ever missing a beat, we’ve added the Timeshift controls to Spectator Mode. Through Timeshift you can rewind, slow down, or even pause the live game you’re observing to take in all the action at your own pace. Once you’re done, you can fast forward or jump ahead to catch back up with the progress of the match.
By engaging Directed Camera mode you can allow the computer to guide your perspective, automatically selecting the most interesting action on the field. While this mode is engaged, the computer will analyze everything that is currently happening in the game and select the most significant event, whether it’s First Blood, a team fight or a baron attempt. You can even select a specific player that you’d like the Directed Camera to focus on, or jump to another event by pressing the space bar.
I'm being all helpful and such lately, is this not insane?? :O
Feel free to edit this one as well, just wanted to let everyone know :P
Gentleman Cho’Gath’s Wonder Emporium Offers You Extraordinary Discounts On Skins And Champions
Pip pip summoners! It is I, Cho’Gath. I’m newly returned from my constitutional in the Outer Void and ready to share my unexpected good fortune with you commoners. If you’ll gather ‘round, I shall display the most extraordinary collection of wares for your perusal. These skins and champions – gained at great cost through the personal expenditure of my brandy snifter slush fund – are now being offered to you at a severely discounted price. What do I gain from it, you ask? How droll! As if the gentlemanly desire to aid my fellow beings weren’t reward enough! Feel free to examine them at your leisure.
- Cassiopeia, The Serpent’s Embrace: This dusky beauty displays a most appealing devotion to all things serpentine. Normally, she would cost a daunting 975 RP, but I might be persuaded to part with her for a mere 487 RPs.
- Zilean, The Chronokeeper: I confess I never enjoyed this gentleman’s company. Too fixated on that infernal clock. 585 RP is the asking price, but I’m happy to send him to you for a mere 292 RP.
- Urgot, The Headsman’s Pride: Urgot proved a most delightful companion. Our evening games of whist proved quite memorable, particularly when he lost and reduced the cabana boy to toxic sludge. You too can share in his whimsical eccentricities for only 487 RP, less than half his base price of 975 RP.
- Musketeer Twisted Fate: Even a scoundrel of this caliber can benefit from a few upscale accoutrements, as I’m sure you’ll agree when you see his ensemble here. He runs for 975 RP, but I will permit you to take him off my hands for a small gratuity… say, 487 RP?
- Fiddle Me Timbers: The nautical scarecrow plies the waves in search of adventure! Bring his swashbuckling visage to your fields for a mere 487 RP, marked down from 975 RP.
- Kennen M.D.: Much as we may loathe our visits to the physician, they are unfortunately necessary… especially when one’s pustules fail to ooze at acceptable levels. I recommend Kennen M.D. for such occasions. Though normally he runs of 975 RP, I can present him to you at the discounted cost of 487 RP.
As tempting as my goods are, I can only offer them from this Friday, April 27 until next Monday, April 30. I wish I could do better, but I do have pressing obligations elsewhere.
Speaking of which, I can’t help but notice that… well, with all your attention focused on my humble offerings, your soul has taken on a most delicious hue. And now that you are within devouring distance, I’m afraid my baser appetites are rapidly overwhelming my fine breeding. Would you mind terribly if I had a taste? There’s a good chap… NOM-NOM-NOM-NOM-NOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but yeh
Hope you don't mind that I spruced this up a bit ;)
- This month
- April 2013
- March 2013
Select Earlier Months
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011