[13.23] Milio SUPPORT + TIER LIST + Season 14 items VIDEO
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+10% Attack Speed
Ability Order Can land Q in lane (3 q > e max)
Champion Build Guide
Main account Profile: Navcan
Twitch Stream: twitch.tv/navcan
Hi there! I played Milio the moment he came out, and I'm learning more as I go! He's a pretty cool enchanter and definitely has a lot of potential. Thank you for reading!
If you're interested in my other guides:
Lulu -> Support Lulu
Nami -> Support Nami
Karma -> Support Karma
Sona -> Support Sona
Yuumi -> Support Yuumi
Milio -> Support Milio
Soraka -> Support Soraka
Zyra -> Support Zyra
Ashe -> Support Ashe
Amumu -> Support Amumu
Heimerdinger -> Support Heimerdinger
Lissandra -> Support Lissandra
Miss Fortune -> Support Miss Fortune
Veigar -> Support Veigar
Trundle -> Support Trundle
Jarvan IV -> Support Jarvan
Pantheon -> Support Pantheon
- Strong disruption/poke tool in Q
- Good against High CC team comps
- Riot's newest's champion/product, so he's gonna be overtuned for a while so he can see pro play. Get your LP!
- Not very good against long range after laning phase.
- Pretty long cooldowns.
There are 1 main mythics to buy, and it's...
- It's just always giving movement speed buffs to your team mates since Cozy Campfire is AoE, and constantly ticking the whole 6 seconds, Warm Hugs has 2 charges, and Breath of Life is also AoE, so there's just a lot of uptime to give everyone movement speed.
- There isn't many choices, because of how long your cooldowns are, Ionian Boots of Lucidity are your choice 99% of the time.
- If the enemy team is full AD, then Plated Steelcaps are a fine choice.
- If the enemy team is mostly AP, with a lot of CC, then Mercury's Treads isn't bad either.
Staff of Flowing Water
- 3/4 of Milio's abilities heal/shield, this is just an overall great and safe choice.
- Milio's cooldowns are fairly long, so the extra ability haste is definitely a nice addition.
- Pairs much better with AD casters, such as Ezreal or Kai'Sa, or while having multiple AP threats on your team.
- Another great safe choice since it gives all meaningful stats that Milio wants.
- A great item when you're ahead, but not as optimal when behind, since being ahead usually means you/your team won't be dying as fast, so the active has a higher chance of being effective.
- I usually don't end up buying this item in general, because if your ADC isn't doing too great, it ends up being a weak buy.
- The only reasons why you would buy Ardent Censer is because there's another Auto-Attack focused carry on your team, such as Kayle Corki Kindred AND/OR your adc is really fed.
- This item is currently a bit overtuned, and is likely to be nerfed sometime soon, but for now it's an overall strong purchase.
- Buy this if there's a bit of single target CC to get rid of. Abilities such as Ashe Enchanted Crystal Arrow or Twisted Fate Pick A Card or Thresh Death Sentence.
- If you can self cast this by buffering it just before CC hits you, this also becomes a Cleanse for yourself, which increases the value tremendously. Here is a youtube short demonstrating that. Mikaels as Cleanse
- If you have a fed squishy team mate, look to pick this up to make them a bit harder to kill. It will also help to keep you alive as well.
- It now builds out of armor, so it adds a touch of survivability against ad-heavy comps.
- The opposite of Knight's Vow, if there's 1 exceptionally fed enemy, marking them with this will help the survivability of your yourself which then helps your team survive.
- This should be your absolute last item, since the stats increase will be the greatest after you've finished all your other items.
- This burns over 1.5 seconds on each application, so it's best to space-out your abilities you cast on others if you're looking to maximize your damage. Such as with Warm Hugs, you can cast both charges 1.5 seconds apart (if you're casting onto the same target)
- This also works on yourself, so don't forget to auto-attack.
Ultra Mega Fire Kick
- A lot of how you use this will determine how your laning phase goes.
- It's very strong against champions that dash at you to engage. Such as Rell Rakan Alistar, or junglers like Zac Gragas, and it will not only cancel their dash, but even completely prevent any follow-up they have since they will be knocked back, AND stunned, THEN slowed.
- This is a very potent poking tool in lane. If you can't land this onto a champion directly, then you can try aiming at a minion that they are standing behind. Ultra Mega Fire Kick will prioritize Champions to bounce onto, and it hits very hard early game with it's high AP ratio and base damage. It has a fairly generous aquisition range in the shape of a cone.
- For this to hit a champion reliably off the bounce on a minion, wait for the enemy to wind-up an auto attack to farm a minion, and you should be able to get them with the bounce fairly reliably.
- Bonus points if you can shoot it through your lane partner (for Fired Up!) while you poke but its not necessary.
- This is a very unique and strong ability, and the champions who benefit the most from this will be any ADCs that love using Lethal Tempo, such as Kog'Maw Jinx Vayne Caitlyn and more.
- If this isn't tagging a champion, the speed in which it moves while not-tagging is quite slow, so try not to use it as just a heal.
- For Fired Up! this procs every 3 seconds, so you and whoever it's healing can at most gain 2 procs of Fired Up!.
- It has a very long cooldown, so use this wisely! Maximize it's effectiveness!
- Try to space your charges out so you can maximize the damage from Fired Up!.
- If you're walking from place to place and you're not going to be fighting right away, use this to get there a bit faster!
- For Spellthief's Edge if you self-cast Warm Hugs and auto attack or land Ultra Mega Fire Kick, you will get 2 stacks instead of 1. However, if you cast Warm Hugs on your ally and they deal damage, you will NOT get a stack from Spellthief's Edge. So, during laning phase, for a quick trade and 2 stacks, you can self-cast Warm Hugs and auto attack.
Breath of Life
- You'll likely cast this more often as an AoE heal around you than removing cc on your team mates, so don't hold onto it too long if your team mates need a heal!
- Against certain giant AoE cc abilities, like Kennen Slicing Maelstrom or Amumu Curse of the Sad Mummy, you can actually cast Breath of Life before they use their ability, because IF you do get caught-up in the AoE, then you won't be able to use Breath of Life to help your team mates in time. But you CAN give them 65% tenacity and top off their HP bars, so that even if you do get hit by the CC, you and your team mates will come out of it much faster.
- This WILL affect untargetable allies such as when Vladimir is in Sanguine Pool or Fizz on Playful / Trickster.
- This locks you out of casting any other abilities for .75 seconds, so it may mess up your timing on casting your other abilities, especially Ultra Mega Fire Kick.
- A solid go-to rune and can't really go wrong with it. It will have so much uptime with the constant healing and shielding you'll be doing.
- If you took Relic Shield then this is a bit more of a viable rune because it's very likely your lane match-up is really bad.
- The faster you can stack this, the better, but since you only have 1 damage ability, it will take a while.
- Ability haste is very much needed, since all of Milio's abilities are fairly long cooldowns.
- If you think you can consistently land Ultra Mega Fire Kick then take this, and you will hit like a truck for laning phase. If you think it'll be hard to hit, then don't take this since it only works with damaging abilities and not with Fired Up!
- If you always have your lane pushed, then this'll help with roaming potential since you can just pace up and down the river and pressure mid or assist your jungler with invading.
- If all else fails, then just scale with this.
- If your opponents can engage and all-in on you, then this will provide you a bit of safety to mitigate that damage.
- If your lane opponents can peel this off you easily, then it won't be worth it.
- Very good against poke, usually mage supports, so you can stay healthy enough through laning phase and not die.
- A majority of Milio's kit involves healing and shielding, so this is just a fantastic rune all around on him.
- Just a fantastic rune.
- This is to be taken with Relic Shield and having Guardian as your keystone, so you at least have a bit more mana to work with.
This will be divided into two parts, since the main factor will be if you start Spellthief's Edge or Relic Shield
- Try to look for good angles of Ultra Mega Fire Kick to stack Manaflow Band.
- Use Warm Hugs on yourself and auto attack an enemy champion for 2 stacks of Spellthief's Edge.
- You're looking to stack your Spellthief's Edge faster than your opponent's quest item.
- If your opponent's dash to engage on you then only look to auto attack them, and anticipate their dash and inturrupt it with Ultra Mega Fire Kick. If it's on cooldown, and they can engage, then do not walk up and auto attack. Supports that dash to engage on you such as Rell Alistar Rakan Leona.
- Average case to finish your Spellthief's Edge should be about 7 or 8 minutes.
- If you think you can win the 2v2, then look for opportunities to use Cozy Campfire on your lane partner and just out-range and run-down your enemies.
- You'll have a very defensive rune setup, and only be looking to mitigate damage in lane and disengage from anything your opponents try to do.
- Look to stack on Seige(cannon) minions and Melee minions. Average quest finish for wards should be around the 8 minute mark.
- Look to disrupt anyone's dash with and/or peel your carries with Ultra Mega Fire Kick
- Once you think your adc is ready to dish out all their damage, drop Cozy Campfire onto them so they can just attack anything safely.
- If your team is relatively packed together, this is another time to use Cozy Campfire for the AoE healing.
- Don't forget to auto-attack a lot. Breath of Life Cozy Campfire Warm Hugs will give you Fired Up! procs and every little bit of damage helps!
- If you can, try to space out your abilities to maximize your damage output from Fired Up! as well!
- Breath of Life will mostly be used as a heal, but if you do remove CC with it, then it's definitely a bonus.
- If you have Shurelya's Battlesong then your chasing and engage potential is very strong.
- Milio is pretty darn good right now, as he's Riot's newest champion, and they need to make him OP so they can sell their new product!
13.23 Emerald and Below
Tier List Grading Points
- Champion Difficulty (more relevant in Emerald and below)
- Counter-play (more relevant in Emerald and below)
- Flex pick for draft (more relevant in diamond+)
- Early game (more relevant in diamond+)
- Late game/scaling (more relevant in Emerald and below)
- Anything in the (_Letter_+) row, means it's better the higher in elo you go. Anything in (_Letter_-) row, means it's better the lower in elo you go.
- Games last longer the lower in elo you go. Therefore, mage supports tend to do much better since you can buy your items, and you basically become another carry threat. This leads to enchanters/engage being weaker in lower level play since you would rely on your teammtes more often.
- Champions that are fundamentally easier to execute on will have higher win rates. Since it is more unlikely players are pilot-ing their champion runes/builds/kit efficiently, the easier the champion, the more likely to maximize their kits. This is especially apparent in Platinum and below.
- I would recommend playing any of the champs in S+, S, or A. However you can climb on almost anything, provided you always look to maximize your champion kit, mechanics, and impact on the game. Winning is the result of improving.
There's also my tiktok
And my youtube!
Cheers and thank you for reading! Good luck on the rift