Blitzcrank Build Guide by haAnswiNkor
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+65 health and +10 ability power or +6 attack damage, adaptive
Currently: Solo Q Stream up!
Please Watch Live-Streams + Videos if you want to truly learn the Champion.
Subscribe to haAnswiNkor's YouTube Channel!
Watch haAnswiNkor on Twitch Live-Stream!
Season 4 (1 Trick Yordle):
Platinum 1 (0 LP) to Diamond 5 in 8 Games:
This Guide will be updated very frequently, so please check back.
1. Displacement + CC Kit
2. One Grab Game Changer
3. 2nd Life with
1. Zero Sustain, Danger of Getting Harassed
2. 0 Escape Ability
3. Unreliable Skillshot
4. Mana Hungry
One Grab can Change the Game
I think this rune setup is the best for early game + laning phase and acts very similarly to the previous season's rune and mastery setup.
- Great synergy with Power Fist, it allows you to run up and E, slow them down for easy grab AND get stupidly tanky with it too
- great for ADCs in lane
- early armor tankiness with refillable potion spam
- great for early trading
- since the old runes are gone, your mana costs are much more punishing but with this you can sacrifice a bad grab early or a good one and use that saved mana for your passive Mana Barrier
- extra MS, subs for the old MS runes
Ideal Final Item Build
- Mandatory on all supports for vision control
/ - AMAZING for the MS Overdrive
face of the mountain - preferred when carries need shielding
eye of the equinox - Frontline Tankiness + Keeps 1 item slot open
+ - vs AoE/AP
- Great if you are ahead and looking to roam
Situational Late Game Items:
- great late game item for carries
- vs heavy diving comps for carries
1. Always buy
for Early Laning Phase.
Potions or Refillable Potion ?
I personally prefer Refillable Potion because I save money and upgrade it sometimes to if there is leftover gold from backing
2. - Roaming + Catch Potential
3. - Vision Control
After this, it's up to the enemy team comp.
1. - High Burst Damage + Lower CD? More Grabs!
- Positioning + Chase + Run + Roaming!
- this becomes very low CD and you will be amazing in teamfights for the constant CCs, level this first if you think you are going to teamfight soon.
Level whenever you can!
If you are going to grab him, grab away from your ADC.
He is considered a hard counter, but he is extremely squishy pre-6.
Burst him down and get an early level 2.
She will beat your Pre-6 if you land no grabs and get Harrassed down
She will beat you Post-6 as well with her .
Please land a grab on her or the ADC for the much needed early lead.
How to Grab like CLG Doublelift
There are MANY DIFFERENT WAYS to Rocket Grab
1. You can just do a casual in-lane + in-brush at the AD Carry
-Diagnoal OR Blind into Second brush
-Get your TARGET MISSILE DISPLAY READY
-Remember that your Range is a bit longer than the Target Missile Display
2. You can the low hp Minions in front of you in order to
A very good example is in this video. CLG vs. Dignitas IEM Hanover Match
There are 3 Moments of the Combo in this video.
The 3 different times in the youtube video are at:
42:00 AND 48:10 AND 51:00
Carefully watch how Doublelift the LOW HP minions in front of him in order to land
Invade or at least ward their jungle. Be annoying to the jungler or just go to lane.
Your job is to hit level 2 ASAP. ADC MUST SHOVE WITH YOU. IF THEY DON'T THEY HAVE NEVER PLAYED WITH A BLITZCRANK. As soon as you lose that early game level 2, you will forever be behind unless the bot lane throws really hard.
1. SHOULD be zoning out the other ad carry from farming or getting any experience.
2. Try sitting in brushes trying to get some diagonal grabs on the ad carry.
Passive Lanes are a no-no for Blitzcrank.
It should be done with an Aggressive AD Carry Champ and be able to KILL the lane.
If your ADC picks something super passive ADCs like Ashe after you picked Blitz (idk why you would pick such ADCs in this meta...) Play passive until you get boots of swiftness, and just roam because you are gonna get NOTHING done with an ADC like Ashe in lane.
The best time for me to shine with my boots of swiftness. Bot lane turret should be down almost always before you get into the Mid-Game mindset.
Roaming is by far the best option at this point in the game as it pressures ALL the lanes and jungle as well.
AGAIN: Hopefully, you have shut down the bot lane and got the tower first before you do this roaming...
Your ADC should be rotating to mid with you if bot turret is down and the wave is too pushed up. Let's hope that your ADC isn't dumb enuff to actually overextend for that CS.
It is HIGHLY recommended you roam with a jungler with some CC
Roam with a mid laner who can push lane really hard and can have global presence
Go Gank Mid, go ward their jungle, go steal their jungle, take dragon control. Be Annoying.
WARDS WARDS WARDS EVERYWHERE.
You must remember to upgrade your trinket. Be level 9 ASAP, then roam fiercely with the sweeping lens. DENY VISION.
This means you have already landed not enough grabs early to mid game or your team just loves to throw.
1. Be at important places around the map, dragon, baron, YOUR jungle side.
2. Be an obnoxious scout, Press W, and run around, to check for enemy wards with sweeping lens, or enemies who are caught off guard.
3. Force Dragon Control and Baron Control
4. Scare people away (zoning, having control of space, disorient their formation)
You CAN be an initiator as long as you have a 5v5 teamfight comp, otherwise remember to peel with your abilities.
This is of course VERY VERY risky, and forces you to flashgrab someone. It almost never works unless you get very lucky so be patient.
This is why I highly recommend picking Blitzcrank ONLY if you have a snowball team or a full engage team with someone else Stunning or engaging the enemy which makes it SUPER easy for you to grab priority targets in skirmishes.
Don't show yourself on the map so much. Always be MIA. Sweeping Lens. Roam. Look for Grabs. Rinse Recycle Repeat.
Can you grab an enemy? or will you peel?
Your Rocket Grab can COMPLETELY turn around the game to your Favour or the enemy's favour
1. You should be able to grab the carries in low elos as their sense of positioning and distancing is very off.
2. Give yourself some room, sweep around, go around the map with someone ALWAYS.
3. A sudden FLASH and then ROCKET GRAB combo can work really well as an initiation, but if you fail, you might lose the game.
A HUGE teamfight has started before you did anything. What do you do?
You have to act quick on peeling my carry OR if you can grab a carry then do it right away. This only comes with experience so there is no special way to make this happen, neither am I a connoisseur of these chaotic situations. I almost never let this happen as I always create the teamfight first.
Thanks for Reading my Blitzcrank Guide!
Subscribe to haAnswiNkor's Youtube Channel!
Watch haAnswiNkor on Twitch LiveStream!
Like haAnswiNkor's Facebook Page!
Follow haAnswiNkor on Twitter!
Things to Remember and Keep in Mind
1. You are an INITIATOR/PEELER. (Highly Recommend another Reliable Initiator)
2. Practice your (Go practice any other champs that require skillshots)
3. Go EXPLORE the map for any possible grabs that you can pull off. (THERE ARE SO MANY PLACES)
4. POSITIONING IS KEY. (Be Hidden, have Sweeping Lens, take vision away, play sneaky)
5. Have GREAT team communication and synergy. (Knowing when to grab is very important)
When you get real good with Blitzcrank, you can steal Dragons as well!