Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello everyone! This is my first build. I'm not going to explain game strategy for Annie, just look at my Runes, Masteries and Items and express your opinion. If all of this ok, i will explain how to use annie in this build! Have a nice day ^^
Ok. Now i try to explain something...
Annie, The Dark Child
In the time shortly before the League, there were those within the sinister city-state of Noxus that did not agree with the evils perpetrated by the Noxian High Command. These outcasts sought to leave their neighbors in peace as they pursued dark arcane knowledge. The leaders of this outcast society were a married couple, a grey witch and a cabal warlock. Together they resettled their followers beyond the Great Barrier to the northern reaches of the unforgiving Voodoo Lands. This couple's child, Annie, now comes to the Institute of War to pursue her calling. The combination of Annie's lineage and the dark magic of her birthplace have given this little girl tremendous arcane power. At the age of two she miraculously ensorcelled a shadow bear a ferocious denizen of the petrified forests outside the colony turning it into her pet. To this day she keeps her bear, Tibbers, by her side, often keeping him spellbound as a stuffed doll to be carried like a child's toy.
In the courtyards that dot the landscape inside the Institute of War, Annie is all sweetness and light, living the carefree life of an imaginative, playful child. Champions who have met her in battle, however, will tell you that a different Annie comes out to play when she is inside the arenas. Annie has the power of destruction by fire at her fingertips, bringing fireballs to bear against her foes which fuel her magic reserves should they strike their targets down. Occasionally her spells will even stun an unsuspecting opponent. She can scorch multiple enemies by unleashing a cone of torrid flame in front of her. Annie can encase herself in a sphere of fire, boosting her protection while harming those who would dare strike her. Finally, Annie can unleash Tibbers, releasing him from his doll-prison to wreak havoc on her enemies.
This passive is pretty much the reason Annie is so rape. She gets a free stun every 5 spell casts. Use disntegrate shield and incinerate to help you build up a stun before all teamfights or ganks. A good way to build up a stun before you even leave your base is to spam Incinerate in the shopping area.
Costs nothing if you kill a creep or hero with it. So use this spell as much as you can for last hits on minions. You will get pro at gageing when to use it for last hits. It does decent damage (even at a low level), with a mediocre AP ratio.
High damage cone AOE nuke, used when you have the 5 spells que'd, also serves as an amazing aoe stun. Incinerate also does more damage than disintegrate but has twice the cooldown. This is why I choose to max it after completing Disintegrate. This spell, if chosen first can also let you have a stun at level 1 if you sit in your base and spam it in the spawn area until you have 5 spell cast's que'd. This is what I will choose to learn first if I am NOT in mid.
Adds a good amount of survivability. Save it for if you are being focused or if you need one more spell cast to have your stun up and don't want to use a lot of mana. +50 magic resist and armor is no joke. Always keep this on in team clashes. It not only helps you survive, but it helps build pyromania counters.
Ultimate rape in a can. This ultimate may very well be the most feared ultimate to any squishy hero. If used correctly can make or break a teamfight, this is the reason Annie is so good. If the enemy team in any teamfight decides to stand close together you can drop a 5 spell que'd tibbers on them and aoe stun them instanly following up with an Incinerate. Then you can pick your poison so to speak with who dies first. Throwing a Disintegrate out to the lowest hp hero (or squishiest) and lawl at how much you just Raped all five of their team. This little beauty can also stop 2-3 gankers if you use it correctly with the above combo. I can not even tell you how many times Tibbers has saved my ***. Even with all of this you can use him to towerdive a low hero or even tank a tower if you send him in with Alt+click.
Annie is one of the most underused and misunderstood heroes in the game. For some reason people don't usualy find her as attractive to play as some other casters, to that I say have fun with Twitch/Fiddlesticks/Veigar/Ryze. I will be the one owning you with Annie. She has one of the greatest burst potential and can rock just about anyone in three spells. She has one of if not the best AOE stun in the game and the capability to nuke 5 players at once. She is one of the best Anti-Gank's in the game with easily enough nuke to kill 2-3 people in a matter of seconds. If used correctly she can even be one of the best early game gankers. Her solo ability is insane and hardly any heroes in the game can stand toe to toe with a good Annie mid. If you use this guide correctly and get to know The Dark Child a little bit better you may even supprise yourself with the results you can produce.
Pros and Cons
- One of the best nukes in the game
- 2 AoE and 1 single target stun
- Powerful ganker (Questionably one of the best double kill gankers at level six)
- Can kill in the cycle of her spells
- Good Mid/decent harasser if played right
- Ability to snowball super easily and of course the ability to rape face and make noobs rage quit.
- Useless during spell Cooldowns
- Naturally Low Health Points (Can be countered by runes and a smart playstyle)
- Stun requires planning
- Not a dps per say, more of a Nuke
- Can be locked down if focused
- Flash is the perfect summoner spell for Annie. It allows for perfect getaways over walls if postioned right or even as an initiator if used with a stun following. I find this spell to be a must have if I am taking mid as it allows for a much easier time ganking the side lanes if you have this to bridge the big gap from the side bush in the river. It has saved my life as many times as it has ended someone elses. I use this spell 100% of the time that I take mid. Also makes for a great suprise for your enemy to port the distance between you to initiate your rotation without letting them know your about to attack. *Tip* Don't get to comfy with this summoner ability because Riot has already said they will be getting rid of it soon.
- Clarity is a good summoner spell for annie but in my opionion not worth picking up unless you are 1. going to spec into improved Clarity and 2. Going to play in a side lane. I will use this spell whenever I am not in mid. This spell allows Annie to say in her lane a lot longer as well as allow her to be a perfect lane partner as well as harass much more than usual. This is also a perfect tool to lure the newbier player into a tower or pushing you when they dont think you have any mana the poping Clarity and dropping a tibbers rape on their face.