This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Shaco General Guide by Raleyman
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
I added Warmogs armor, as it really helps with your ability to survive. When I did this build, I had 3,578 health!
Also, and added tip, Jack in the Boxes also attack structures (i.e Turrets, Inhibitors, Nexus) and at the same time, will scare their minions from yours. As an added feature, the box is invisible, the turret see's it and so does everything else, but it will be the next thing the turret attacks!
Now, I know what you are probably thinking as you look at the runes and items. How is this AP? Well, to tell you the truth it is AP in many ways. Not just the runes and masteries, but since Rylai's has AP and health, and Morellos has AP and mana regen, I have found that this build works really well. You may want to use this build as a foundation and add your own stuff to it, and I encourage you to! Find what items you like and are useful to you. Maybe you need more magic resistance, and get Banshees Veil instead of Warmogs. Or you need more Magic Penetration, and you get Abyssal scepter. Find what suits your needs.
+ Powerful Jack in the Boxes (W) and extra-powerful 2 Shiv Poison (E)
+ Free 90 second Sight wards as your W spell.
+ Very Hard to be ganked, especially if you have Deceive (Q) and Flash.
+ Can change a 1 vs. 1 into a 2 vs 1 with Hallucinate (R)
+ Good with harass early game, such as jacks in the weeds.
+ With 2 of you, you can send one in one direction, while you slip off in another. Either split them up, or, if done from the weeds, send the clone one way, and continue another way.
+ When you deceive, you can deceive over walls.
- Not a team player. Will be focused in a team fight, so you need to hang out in the shadows and help as you can, such as throwing shiv's or placing Jacks behind champs.
- Does not do a lot of physical damage, and with MR on the other teams side, you may have to change that.
- If you use deceive (Q) you cant for another 10-15 seconds, depending on runes. Make sure you can get out of somewhere you Deceive to.
- When you deceive to gank, watch out for Oracles Elixer and Vision Wards, as they show where you are when invisible.
- If you jump in to gank after using deceive, they will focus you down knowing you cant use it again for a few seconds.
The fear from the Jack is great, and if someone just so happens to run into 4-5 of those jacks, being feared from one to the next and being attacked the entire time and cant get away, or that one really weak singed that just got away, only to run into a jack and die... well, it feels really good. Its awesome to know that you just brought down a God-Like figure, or just another feed for your team.