Kog'Maw Build Guide by Shrewdo
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+10% Attack Speed
Threats & Synergies
She's strong with her Q stack and ulti combo
easy for you
he has some mobility which makes your ulti kinda hard to land it on him
shee has more mobility which makes your ulti kinda hard to land it on him
easy unless he is fed for you with his Q he can surprise u, while he is not hidden easy for you
very strong to you with her range and traps but in close fight you own her.
easy boy apart his huge damage late game
he has some mobility which makes your ulti kinda hard to land it on him
easy for you
easy also he just can ulti you to knock you out of your combo damage
easy, if she dont knock you to the wall with her E
strongly hard if he have a good support such soraka or taric.
a very hard enemy with her poke and ulti add her mobility , just ban her.
* Insane Late game performance if you are protected by a good support.
* Able to melt Tanks insanely fast if you are fed.
* Very high attack and spell range in lategame.
* Hybrid Damage.
* Passive upon Dieying you have chance to even get a kill +/-
* High range artillery (Ulti)
* Good waveclear
* No Mobility Skills and Slow movement
* Lakes of Mana and CDR on W
* Easy kill , one shoted by Assassins
* Weak early Game.
* Hard to Land a Good Ulti artillery
Lethal Tempo will offer you a huge attack speed which is a main pick for most adc also you have other choise which is 2nd pick if your enemy bot lane will do too much pressure on you and they poke you a lot you can go for the Fleet Footwork its passive will help you to restores some HP and gives you more movement speed, early game kogmaw is weak so I can suggest to take Fleet Footwork until you main this champion to use Lethal Tempo.
TriumphIts passive is great because it will save your life in the end of a fight, if you kill your enemy it will restaur to you 12% of your missing health, at least the last hits from minions wont give a kill to your enemy and additional free 20 gold, also you can take Presence of Mind which it gives you mana refund after a kill because kog’maw is the little sion or the sion of adc never forget that you can get a kill after you die but you need lot of mana in your fights as his ulti cost more mana as long as you use without to respect the interval time.
Legend: Alacrity by so far is the best pick for you as it garants to you a lot of attack speed which it will help you to buy more damage items or defensive items without to feel that you lake of the attack speed in your game, Its Passive gives to you 3% (+1.5% per Legend stack) bonus attack speed, up to 18% with 10 stacks, Legend: Alacrity Gain Legend stacks for every 20 points earned, up to 10.
Coup de Grace Passive Deal 7% increased damage to champions below 40% maximum health, By so far is the most pick for AD carry and most AD players which it increase your damage in a team fight or a gank you will secure the kill with this 7% its looks like its little but it does work perfectly late game.
Additionally, you gain 9 bonus Attack Damage or 15 Ability Power (Adaptive) for 10 seconds whenever you score a champion Damage rating takedown.
Note : This bonus does not stack.
Taste of Blood Passive is awesome for kogmaw because you will be owned early game against your enemy pokes, as you will go more safe early and focusing on the farms until you get your first item one of this 3 Guinsoo's Rageblade, Runaan's Hurricane Blade of the Ruined King this items will help you to farm like a boss and fight against your enemies Taste of Blood early will help you a little to heals you for 18 - 35 (based on level) (+ 20% bonus AD) (+ 10% AP).
Ravenous Hunter always on the early game and too many pokes on you the Ravenous Hunter Heal for 1.5% (+ 2.5% per Bounty Hunter stack) of the damage dealt by your abilities, on-hit effects and items, this will help you to have a good HP and at same time you can poke your enemies and get their HP very low to engage your combo fight to score a kill.
In order for Kog' Maw to do damage he has to heavily rely on his W. As such barrier,cleanse, and exhaust can offer him the extra comfort you may want.
However, you risk a very poor laning phase running .
Barrier is very strong with a healing/ranged support and keeps your HP very high to do dmg during your.
Overall, you may run every game, due to EVERY other ADC running heal secondary. As you improve, you will understand match ups better so you can know when to take cleans/Exaust/Barrier.
[Purposely sacrificing laning phase to be more dominant late game/mid game]
I will be explaining certain runes as well as different build(s) that is stronger/ more interesting you may not consider/know about that is very strong with Kogmaw
The only difference I recommend are:
going 2 points in(lv 1-3) and getting lv 4
- Another is maxing second for more attack speed to abuse , or alternating skill points between and
- Maxing as the 2nd ability is highly recommended due to the CD decrease and Slow % Increase.
is Kog only way to get enemies off himself.
slow scaling is: 20/28/36/44/52%
has % Armor/Magic Resist Reduction as well as passive attack speed.
Here is a support synergy rating, focusing with Kog'Maw specifically.
[These will be the most common supports you see as well as some common off meta picks]
S+ Tier- - S Tier
Blitz - Soraka - Rakan - Sona - Morgana - Tahm kench - Nautilus
Zyra - Zilean - Brand - Velkoz - Bard - Ornn - Teemo - Xerath - Zoe - MissFortune - Lux.
- These supports support Kog's on hit ( ) in some way.
- Not only that, they also have CC's in some way (some more then other) to peel for Kog as well
- Lastly, these supports are ranged and are consider "lane dominant", allowing Kog to have a smooth laning phase to the point where Kog can buy his Core Items and " 1 v 5".
- tank supports are still very strong, due to this fact poke and heal focused supports cannot help Kog as much due to the risk of a good engage from tank supports.
- and are the major keystones supporting these tank supports. While is a key rune for tank supports to dominate lane with free sustain.
- Since Kog cannot be buffed by these champs to make his optimized, they are instead create a pressure in lane that forces enemy ADC/Bot Lane to be more cautious trying to punish Kog's early game (laning phase).
- These supports are close to S but don't make the cut because they either aren't tanky enough, mobile, or synergize well with Kog
- These are great/ok supports make no mistakes, however how this tier of support benefit/synergize with Kog isn't "optimal"
- For example: and are good all in champs during laning phase. One is tankier the other has more dmg for the situations. However, Kog wants to focus on farming in order to secure his items in a safe manner.
- A smart Kog does not want to lose 2v2 in any way [hp pool, bad trades] and get jungle pressure [lee sin,etc] -> trying to avoid bad fights is definitely a very smart strategy for Kog in order to abuse his on-hit item spikes.
- poke supports aren't reliable supports due to being nerf.
- However, poke ADC such as with is extremely scary for Kog
- With these poke heavy support (squishy), you can bully 2v2 hard, but make one mistake Kog's laning phase is not going to end well.
- Jungle also exist and when Kog combine with these support are in lane together, expect to get ganked or even camped.
•A great alternative to if you feel like you're getting bursted and need the extra shield. You should only do this if you really have to, it reduces your damage by a lot because of the on hit effects of that we miss out on.
• Lifesteal, Attack Damage and a . What's not to like? Against hard crowd control this should be your go to item as soon as you finish and . There's one thing that will screw you over, and that's not being able to attack. QSS will make sure that doesn't happen.
• A really underrated option for Kogmaw. You get the shield which can save you against someone like Leblanc or Fizz but the passive is just as good. After the shield triggers, you gain +25% attack speed, +10% spell vamp and +10% lifesteal.
• 700 health and perma slowing. If you have you'll essentially be able to slow 3 people at the same time. You won't really be able to kite properly because you attack too fast, but it delays people reaching you and isn't expected.
• Wit's End is a great item on Kogmaw . You already have a very high Attack Speed oriented and with [img=] you'll get up to 5 stacks in no time. This means you're shredding someone's MR by 25 and also increasing your damage by 25 PER HIT, every auto with your insane attack speed with be dealing that damage.