Build Guide by LinkAway
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Dr. Mundo Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
..Mundo, the Madman of Zaun..
It is said that the man now known as Dr. Mundo was born in the city of Zaun without any sort of conscience. Instead, he had an unquenchable desire to inflict pain through experimentation. By the time he was five, most of the pets in the neighborhood had gone missing. By his teenage years, his parents were nowhere to be found. By the time he had legally acquired his license to practice medicine, he had been acquitted of 38 charges of murder by the Zaun authorities; the lack of evidence made prosecution impossible. Unfortunately, the city-state of Noxus regards such behavior as a sign of initiative and ambition, rather than inhumanity. Dr. Mundo was recruited to fight for Noxus in the League of Legends. He continues his experiments to this day, even using himself as an experimental subject.
''Beware the Madman of Zaun. In his eyes, you are already dead.''
Masteries, Runes, Spells - Why ?
At first, you need the HP bonus at the beginning from Veteran's Scars. Lets you have 800 HP with your ruby crystal and without HP Quints. Also Tenacity makes you a better tank. The defensive masteries are pretty self-explanatory. On offensive masteries, I want to have the MagPen mastery, also I want the CDR so I spam a more effective cleaver.
Magic Penetration (+8.55%)
Magic Resistance (+13.41)
Health Regen (+ 8.1/5s)
- Summoner spells
- Flash : Allows you to gank everywhere, to escape, to land that cleaver needed to kill the squishy hiding behind creeps, makes you pretty much half a god.
- Heal : In couple with Spirit Visage, just awesome. Saves your life soooo often. Saves your mates life also. Just have to care about the debuff it gives so your ulti isn't useless.
- Ghost : With ulti, second movement buff. Well, it never hurts your butt to run faster.
- Purge / Exhaust / Ignite / Fortify : Always nice, but I wouldn't rely on them.
- Others : Forget.
Dr. Mundo regenerates 0.3% of his max health each second.
Pretty nice passive even if you don't notice it. But in fact, it's awesome.
Dr. Mundo hurls his cleaver, dealing damage equal to 15 / 18 / 21 / 23 / 25% of the target's current health (80 / 130 / 180 / 230 / 280 damage minimum) and slowing them by 40% for 2 seconds.
Cooldown 4 seconds | Cost 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 health | Range 10000
Spam skill. Costs HP, low cooldown, great damage, heal when hit ? Yeah, just spam. Harass with it. Last hit with it. Kill ppl through walls. Chase with it thanks to the snare. Just have fun sending it everywhere.
Toggle: Dr. Mundo deals 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 / 100 (+20% of ability power) magic damage to nearby enemies, and reduces the duration of crowd control effects on Dr Mundo by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35%.
Cooldown 4 seconds | Cost 20 / 28 / 35 / 43 / 50 health per second | Range 325
Underated skill. Deals pretty nice damage in sustained fight (especially for 3x1). Costs quite a bit of HP, so use it wisely when you're out of ulti. Also people often forget that it reduces Crowd Control, which is snare, stun ... If you're chasing, keep this active.
Increases physical damage by 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 / 100 for 5 seconds. Dr. Mundo gains an additional +0.4 / 0.55 / 0.7 / 0.85 / 1 damage for each percentage of health he is missing.
Cooldown 7 seconds | Cost 15 / 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 health | Range 300
This skill has many uses, but is always awesome. Need to last hit a ranged creep that is mid life ? Use it and crush your cleaver on him. Need to make an ace solo ? Active this and add yourself +150 AD. This skill makes your AD substancially the highest of the game.
Dr. Mundo regenerates 50% of his Max Health over 12 seconds. Additionally, he gains 15 / 25 / 35% movement speed.
Cooldown 60 seconds | Cost 20 percent of health | Range 20
This ulti always makes me laugh! Use it and it's like you went back in pool, but actually you're still in the fight. This makes Mundo so powerful, also you run as fast as the light. Counter this ulti and you counter Mundo; so be careful with Ignites, Tristanas, Katarinas, GP's, MF's ...
How to play ?
Early : Spam cleaver
Mid : Gank
Late : Toggle fire, ulti, go into fight alone, spam everything starting by squishies, ace.
Item sequence :
- Mundo starts with Ruby Cristal, Mundo should now have 800 hit points ready to eat people. Rrrhaahahaha.
- Mundo doesn't back until his Spirit Visage and his Boots are ready. Mundo doesn't like to be in pool too often, feels uncomfortable there.
- Mundo blue pills (Mundo likes to say blue pill) a second time to get Mercury threads or Tabi Ninja if the opposite team isn't able to control Mundo (after all, who's able to do this ?), and then Mundo goes back to battle!
- Mundo can eat all the people down there, so he get the money to buy the Force of Nature. Mundo thinks this item is the key of his equipment.
- Mundo backs again to get some more hit points, with a giant belt, well Mundo thinks that if he can get more at the same time, he will. He wants a sunfire cape RIGHT NOW.
- Mundo says that these four items are core items and should always be taken. Mundo knows that the game is over before he has the time to get a fifth item usually, but when it occurs, Mundo buy an item to counter the other team more than he already counter it himself.
- Mundo doesn't like the coulour of the Warmog's Armor. So Mundo just ignore this item. He knows there are much better for him.
- The two last items :
- 5TH Item : Banshee Veil, Sunfire Cape, Thornmail, Randuin's Presage
- 6TH Item : 5TH Items not taken, another Sunfire Cape, Mercury Sash (best counter to vlad especially), Guardian Angel, Rylai's Crystal Staff, Sunfire Cape, or Sunfire Cape.
As you can see, Mundo loves Sunfire Cape and sometimes include 3 of them in his gear. It gives HP, Armor, DPS, all that Mundo needs.