Hecarim Build Guide by DjapeFromSerbia
Hecarim , Jungle Guide for Season 9 [ Patch 9.6 ]By DjapeFromSerbia | Updated on March 22, 2019
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
+9 Adaptive (5.4 AD or 9 AP)
+10 Adaptive (6 AD or 10 AP)
Threats & Synergies
Sejuani has really good early game ,and better scalling in late than Hecarim...
Skarner is one of the champions that outscales Hecarim really hard...
Ivern scales really hard, only way to win is to stomp early game...
Really hard match up, outscaling Hecarim really hard.
Really hard match up, outscaling Hecarim really hard.
You must make really big lead in early game, before he finish his transform, later he outscales Hecarim
Hecarim have potential to burst him down, also u can protect your carries after he us ultimate on them u want make sure that you use your ultimate or e on him
Hard match up, outscaling Hecarim really hard.
Have better early game and after it he also scales better...
If you are facing Trundle, try to build less resistances and health, because his ultimate...
|Predator is obviously the best rune for Hecarim. It's move speed buff is literally made for Hecarim.|
|Electrocute gives you more burst potential, after preseason patch and Celerity nerf, Celerity gives you overall less damage than it does before, so Predator rune page will be weaker. So maybe this is the time to back to Electrocute and his burst once again. Electocute is good Keystone to run if you are playing vs hyper carries which you want to oneshot like Kai'Sa, Vayne, etc...You want make sure they will be out of the game with your burst potential.|
Aftershock is one of the runes, which Hecarim's players almost never used, even though it's obviosly synergy with Devastating Charge and Onslaught of Shadows. This rune allows you turret diving in early-mid game, so if tank meta comes again soon, this will maybe the best rune for Hecarim once again.
|Sudden Impact is obviously the best choice here, because it gives you bonus lethality after using your Devastating Charge and Onslaught of Shadows so you will be allowed to burst your target easier.|
|Eyeball Collection synergies well with way you want play Hecarim, if you get early adventage you want to snowball even harder, which this rune allows you.|
|Ingenious Hunter lowers cooldown for your Predator's boots, and Yoummuns if you are going for it.|
|Relentless Hunter is obviously synergising with your Warpath so this is great rune if you are going for Electrocute or even Aftershock.|
|Celerity preseason patch nerfed AD of this rune, but it grants you more movespeed, which seems like good trade fo Hecarim becuase of his passive.|
|Waterwalking is great rune for Hecarim which allows him to fight for early Rift Scuttler , and also to take herald, baron and drakes.|
This is the best jungle item upgrade for Hecarim, even that Stalker's Blade seems better for Hecarim because it gives you bonus MoveSpeed after using Smite on enemy champion and giving you more AD because Warpath, Skirmisher's Sabre gives Hecarim increased duel potential and also more damage overall.
You should rush TriFroce even before you finish your jungle item,because Hecarim doesn't need that much health in early game and benefits a lot from building damage and move speed, of course TriForce fix Hecarim's problems with mana( Sheen), and gives him a litle bit of tankiness ( Phage).
This is best boots upgrade for Hecarim in current meta, because there is a lot stuns and roots which, obviously, counter Hecarim.
If you playing versus AD oriented composition you should instead take Ninja Tabi for more armor.
This item is must-buy on Hecarim, because it's giving him insane amount of
tankiness and also great amount of damage.
This item is really good on Hecarim because it gives you AD for more burst potential, and of course you can use your Onslaught of Shadows and Devastating Charge for escaping after revive.
|This item is good if you make an early game adventage and you want to snowball and carry.It's active gives Hecarim movement speed for bonus burst potential.|
This item also can give you snowball potential after early game lead. Also movement which you get from it's passive gives you bigger amount of burst, so this is deffinetly good idem on Hecarim
|Great item for Hecarim if you are facing hard AP oriented team, you can buy this item even though you are playing against balanced damage enemy team because this item also increase your healing from Spirit of Dread|
|This item you can take if you are playing vs full AD enemy team or even if you are facing someone like Dr. Mundo, Fiora, Kayn, etc...It gives you a big advantage in teamfights.|
Your route should start from one of the buffes, of course depending on the match ups. You should choose the buff from whom you will start by determining which lanes have the highest priority, and which is wining condition for your team.
Anyway, your route should look something like this:
After checking crab you should back and buy Skirmisher's Sabre and Boots of Speed
- You can use your Q Rampage while you are in animation of R Onslaught of Shadows.
- You can use E Devastating Charge with combination Onslaught of Shadows to catch someone, use your ultimate to get ahead of them to make the fear, then you can knock them back right in your team.
- After changes in patch 7.16 on Onslaught of Shadows's, best option for team fights is to use your Onslaught of Shadows on max range because it will increase fear duration.
- After buying Sheen/ Trinity Force don't forget to spam your Rampage if you are fight whenever is Sheen's passive up, to increase your damage output.
- When you gank a lane an enemy you want to charge with your Devastating Charge and use your Rampage right at the moment when Hecarim begins to jump at them. The reason is the speedboost from E is still active, increasing your AD through your Warpath, giving you extra damage on your Rampage.
- The center of the circular indicator of Onslaught of Shadows tells you where Hecarim will land. It has to be over the walls for you to get across. The fear direction depends on which side u hit enemy, enemies go away from the center where Hecarim lands, so you g want to land slightly behind the enemy to push them back towards your team.
- Finally, your Devastating Charge allows you to cross narrow terrain. You can jump the blue buff wall for example. Devastating Charge is an AA reset and deals damage to towers.