Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
i've been experimenting with kassadin's build for so long now, and for me, kassadin has always been on the squishy side, always getting target over, especially before lvl 6, so i devised a build that would allow me to accumulate enough mana that allow me to spam my Q from early game and to charge my R in late game.
1. sapphire crystal----> tear of the goddess
2. boots ----> mercury thread's (very helpful against disablers)
3. two Giant Belts ----> this should take care of the squishy-ness of kassadin
4. two Blasting wands ----> optional ofcourse, you could build rylai's straight away
5. Archangel's staff
6. Deathfire grasp ----> this deals 30% damage to your enemy and it gives more AP
7. zhonya's ring ----> game usually ends before you get it with you winning
I mostly follow my idol's runes "NinjAChurch"
-flat mana regen yellows
-magic pen reds
-mana regen quints (totally optional, AP do nicely too)
try to get tear of the goddess before lvl 6, spam Q on enemies if they get too close or low hp minions if you cant reach them, try to last hit every minions you can, with utmost care ofcourse. if you are playing top or bottom, take care of your lane mate with your silence and heal, your survivability depends on your lane mate.
by now you should have atleast TotG and mercury thread, if laning phase still on, try to postpone using your R as long as you can, that will keep the enemy offguard, spam your Qs, save your E and try walking around like you dont have your ult, when your enemy's hp is low enough, they'll keep a distance from you, and try running back or pressing b then suddenly rift walk into their face when they get close and spam your Q and E and ignite on them, you'll get instakill if you do it right. i know some people might be itching on lvling your E, but the truth is you cant use it unless 6 spells are cast, it'll be more helpful during the ganking phase. and at lvl 11, you should have atleast 1 giant belt with you.
you should focus farming with your E and ganking with your teammates, your W is a give away skills, use it to charge your E, and always charge your E before ganking, and R atleast twice before rift walk into enemy groups, you will deal more damage, use your E to deal good damage rift walk out and let your teammate finish the enemy.
- ignite are very helpful when laning against healers like sona or nidalee
- learn to time your heal, try to lure enemy into tower then heal, if you are lucky, you'll land a kill.
- deathfire grasp will come in handy against hp stacking champion
- dont overcharge your ult, you may find yourself out of mana
- ult your way out of enemy's gank, kassadin is one of few champions that allow you to live after doing stupid stuff.