Master Yi Build Guide by KCPGamer
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Master Yi is a champion that is able to carry a team even if they are losing by a lot. But in order for him to do so, you need to know how to play and how to build him. With my build you can have different choices of playing, such as lanning and jungling. Also with my build it allows flexibility for your builds to ensure that your are using master yi to his full potential.
* = recommended
* Exhaust: it is helpful because you will usually be the fastest on your team. which means, when chasing you are able to catch up and exhaust so your allies can come help.
* Flash: This summoner spell is very useful because you are already fast and this allows your to either chase champions over walls or run from champions by going over walls, or just getting the extra space between you and them.
* Ignite: This summoner spell is very help full if you need to put out more damage.
Teleport: This summoner spell, I find very useless because you will already be very fast and it wont take you that long to run back into lane.
Ghost: This summoner spell in my opinion, not that helpful to Yi because he is already fast, and since when yi has his ulti on he cant be slowed, speeding him up with ghost is never really needed.
Heal: Heal is also not really needed because if you build him with my build, you will have enough life steal to heal yourself. It will take 4-6 minions to heal you from almost no health to full.
Master Yi is a champion who is able to put out a lot of damage with his basic attacks, but he is very squishy. My way of compensating that is by getting life steal. Some times in certain cases, getting more defense than attack is required.
- In the beginning I would grab Boots of speed and 2 health pots and 1 mana pot.
- Usually I try to lane for as long as I can, until I am able to afford Berserker's Greaves.
- Once getting back into lane, I farm more until I can grab a Zeal, but if you are destroying your lane and you don't need to go back so soon, wait till you can afford the whole Phantom Dancer. (You get the phantom dancer first before the infinity edge because even though the it does less damage, it is cheaper and puts out enough damage early game).
- Now that you have enough damage, you should be able to get more kills and gain and level faster then everyone else. When you get enough money go back for a B.F. Sword. But if you are having trouble lanning, also grab a Vampire Scepter to help you stay in lane longer.
- Once you have enough for the infinity edge, get it.
- At this point in the game you should already be destroying the other team. Look to see who is putting the most damage on you, and build your next item accordingly.
- Wits End
gives you attack speed and magic resistance
If you are having trouble killing their tank
- Madred's Bloodrazor
- Frozen Mallet
If you need armor penetration
- Sword of Divine
- Last Whisper
- And for you last item, you can either pick another one of the above or get more defense items in case they put out to much damage, or they are singling you out.
- Guardian Angel
- Force of Nature
first you grab cloth armor and 2 health potions. You will have 105 dollars left but you dont need it.
First you head to the small golems, as soon as they spawn alpha strike one. As your are doing this, you should also smite the golem that you have clicked on, and ignite the other. Also you should be activating one of your health pots. By then you should be level 2, upgrade wuju style.
Once you have killed both the golems, head over to the 4 wraiths. Alpha strike the blue one and activate your wuju style. at this point you should activate your second health pot.
once you have killed all the wraiths, head over to the wolves. alpha strike the one in the middle and activate your wuju style. once you have killed all 3 you should be level 3, upgrade your alpha strike and beam back to base. You should now have enough for your long sword.
Now when you get back to the small golems, it will take less then 10 seconds for them to respawn. Alpha strike one again and kill them.
Then head over to the wraiths and kill them.
Then over to the wolves and kill them.
Once you have done this process, you should be around level 4-5 and have gotten enough money for your madred razor.
Once you return to the jungle, repeat the process but save your smite.
Once you are done, head over to the blue golem and use alpha strike and smite on him. Then activate your wuju style.
By now you should be level 6 and can gank when ever you see a good opportunity.
Once you have done this, repeat the cycle and if the other team does not have a jungler, go into their jungle and take them.
Once you are done get Berserker Greaves and Wriggle's Lantern