Talon Build Guide by unforgivingend
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
How to play Talon
Talon is a very stable laner early game. Starting with Rake will allow you to harras the enemy team fast and without the biggest mana cost. As a result you should play him very agressive earlygame, and not defensive like most do. Of personal experience Talon is not best lategame champion if he hasn't the same level of items as your enemies. If you can rap kills up earlygame and get fed, then go for it. Talon is very difficult to play lategame because of his vulnerability. Items which give you health like frozen mallet will allow you to make a good defensive as well as offensive Talon
As Talon i play him very offensively. Therefor my runes will be:
9 Armour pen. Marks
9 Armour seals
9 Magic Resist Glyphs
and 3 Amour pen. Quints
Since he is to be played very offensively the amour pen. will give your Rake and Noxian Diplomacy will be very stron earlygame, and the the armour and magic resist makes up for the offensive earlygame.
Talon is very item reliant, therefore you have to compensate for this by build him offensively. Playing Talon defensively will do a bad lategame because he is suposed to go for the middle of the enemy team.
1.I start with boots of speed and 3 health pods to get to the lane fast, and get a some lane stabilty.
2. I take boots of Swiftness (yes, Boots of swiftness). I abuse Talon high bashttp://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/edit-build?edit=137273#e movement speed so i can chase or escape very easily.
3. I then go for brutalizer, it gives Talons rake, and noxian diplomacy a very strong cooldown reduction and armor pen. (which is very important on talon since he is 100% based on physical attacks)
4. Depending on the situation I'll go for phage to get some durabilty and the slow is just great for harrasing. But if needed you can finish your Youmuu's Ghostblade.
5. At this point i fnish trinity force. The extra "sheen buff" will give your Noxian Diplomacy an even higher damage output (since the buff activates when your activate Noxian Diplomacy it will be stacked with the Spell buuf)
6. If i haven't finished Youmuu's at this point, i will now and the CD reduction and armour pen. Is very strong on Talon.
7. Depending of how you are doing at this point i'll be taking Bloodthirster, or Frozen mallet. No matter what i take these to items as my next items.
8. My two final items will be Atmus impaler and infinity egde. Again, depending on the situation you can take what ever you want first, but i like to start with atmus since it gives you more durability.
Attack speed isn't so effective on Talon since he is more based on his Rake.