Lux Build Guide by ZAZO
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Runes: My default runes
Ability Order If the game is running okay for your team
Threats & Synergies
Be careful if he starts with a spellthief`s edge.
He can either crush your ADC and you, or feed you both.
The champions are very similar, so she can either crush your ADC and you, or feed you both.
His shield wall can block your Q and stop E on the place he encounters them.
He is the tanky support that you never want as an opponent. He heals, stuns, tanks.
Her W can heal her ADC and damage your ADC and you at the same time.
"he steals your ADC and never gives him back"
You are peacefully awaiting your ADC`s arrival after shopping and they a malphite ults you. "ez"...
One of the best synergies for Lux during the laning phase. Place one Q at the enemy ADC or support and your team has one more kill.
Q an enemy and if the jinx is good, she will place her grenades behind the enemy, so that they do not run away
Root the enemies so that tristana can easily dash to them and kill them
A very powerful combo. Root the enemy champion, so he can place WQ combo and earn mana. If you are able to place an E, your team will almost certainly get a kill.
Place Q, so that caitlyn can deal her combo. You can as well root one of the enemies so that they can`t block her R
has high damage, but can not burst it out.
Champion Build Guide
The lady of DemaciaBy ZAZO
1.1) if your nexus is in the bottom-left corner, help the jungler (together with the ADC) and than go to the botlane through RED2, choosing the path nearer to the turret
1.2) if your nexus is in the top-right corner, help him and choose either RED1, or GREEN5, depending on the enemy support. If the enemy support has root or stun, I recommend choosing GREEN5, if they do not have, I recommend RED1
2.1) DO NOT invade if the enemy support has a root or stun.
If your nexus is in the bottom-left corner invade carefully through GREEN6. Ready your Q for enemy champions that you can root (you that your team kills them) if possible. than go to the botlane through RED1
2.2) DO NOT invade if the enemy support has a root or stun.
If your nexus is in the top-right corner wait all invaders (carefully if enemies also invade) at GREEN8, than place Q at GREEN9 in case that there is someone, who watches (the Arcane Comet or Summon Aery will guide you if there is someone). If there is noone, go to GREEN9 and do the same for GREEN10`s right edge. if there is noone, ward there and go. After the red buff is taken, go todether with the ADC and the jungler to claim 2 kills.
3.1) if your nexus is in the bottom-left corner, ward red buff carefully (watch for invaders), than go in GREEN4 bush, place Q in GREEN3 bush (the Arcane Comet or Summon Aery will guide you if there is someone). If there is noone, enter GREEN3 bush and wait for the enemies` coming in order to Q them (and grant the adc or yourself a kill if possible). Otherwise, the laning phase begins.
3.1) if your nexus is in the top-right corner, ward blue buff carefully (watch for invaders), than go in GREEN3 bush, place Q in GREEN4 bush (the Arcane Comet or Summon Aery will guide you if there is someone). If there is noone, enter GREEN4 bush and wait for the enemies` coming in order to Q them (and grant the adc or yourself a kill if possible). Otherwise, the laning phase begins.
1) Use the bushes to hide yourself and place spells (Q,E) at the enemies to poke them while your ADC farms.
2) W`s power is doubled when going back to you, so if using athene`s unholy grail you should better hit your partner with W`s backing, because it heals only once. By a stronger shield you grant a bigger heal.
3) Try to basic attack the enemies after hitting them with spells. One very good combination is Q-basic-E-basic. Q roots and you do the other part white enemy is rooted. ( Use W directed to your ADC if the catched enemy/enemies is/are long-ranged and can outrange you.
4) You have very low HP. Try not to get hit, even if you risk to miss your passive
1)Drake and Baron/Herald must be ALWAYS warded. When your Frostfang upgrades to Eye of Frost you get 3 wards when entering base, so no need to be worried about them. When they are warded you can always see when the enemies are trying to kill Drake/Baron/Herald and you can steal it with your R.
2)Try not to take damage. You are not tank and almost every champion can kill you in 2-3 seconds if you are not careful.
3)Spam Q Your Q must be always on cooldown, it is the most essential spell for Lux, use it as often as possible.
4) Vision with E When the enemies are trying to kill Drake/Baron/Herald and are using Control Ward or Oracle Lensyour E can grant you vision on the Drake/Baron/Herald so that you can ult and steal it. Try to watch the HP and if the monster is on 300-400 HP while you are still screaming "DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAA" you can steal with E as well if needed. (you can try to ult a bit too early, kill their attention and steal Drake/Baron/Herald with that E after)
1)If you have Lich Bane equipped try the following: while basic attacking turrets/inhibitors cast a spell every 1.5-2 seconds (NO MATTER if there are enemies nearby) so you can trigger its "spellblade" passive as often as possible. The mana waste is worth it as it can make your pushing FAR better. You have much mana, so it will not be a big problem.
2) Spam as many abilities on enemy champions and minions as possible. The support shall not farm minions, but getting an inhibitor destroyed is far more important than 3-4 minions for your teammates.
3)Protect yourself! You are not a 10K HP Cho`Gath. Almost every champion can take you down in 1-1.5 seconds. If your team leaves the lane you are pushing, there is no need to be the hero. You will definitely become a dead non-hero.
For new Lux players:
3)Q-ER casted quickly together(E`s second cast together with R`s hitting)-basic (can add one more basic after Q if the enemy is near and there is no danger of the enemy escaping from the ER)
For experienced Lux players
4)Q-E(first cast)-basic-E(second cast)-basic. Similar to 2) , but shortens a bit the combo time.
5) Q-ER casted together-basic (can add one more basic after Q if the enemy is near and there is no danger of the enemy escaping from the ER)
The difference from 3) is that E`s second cast is not together with R`s hitting, so that you get 2 strikes. Useful when caught enemy uses zhonia`s hourglass. They will dodge R that way, but if you are careful you can hit them with E. Useful as well when you are using the Dark Harvest runes. Many times when hitting together E and R, the runes do not trigger their effect.
6)E-Q-basic The goal of the E is to slow/change the direction of the running enemy so that you can catch them easier with Q
7) Not a combo, but only R may secure a kill for your team. Hard to place, but is worth the try.
2) Never go alone in jungle. Even if all enemies are dead a Lux will find a proper way to die.
3) Do not waste your summoner spells. When you are surrounded by all 5 enemies there is no need to lengthen with 0.3 seconds the struggle. The enemies may get more assists and you will lose a very important spell with very large cooldown.