Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

RivalofAll's Review Shop

Creator: Seth346 January 4, 2016 2:21pm
1 2 3 4 5
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2016 2:21pm | Report
My name is RivalofAll, but you can call me Rival. I reached the Diamond 1 promotional series this season and have been diamond the past few seasons as well.

I also believe, to an extent, in Embracing's belief of: "There is no versatility in playstyle" - there may be many seemingly viable options to certain decisions (items, runes, etc), but in the end once you narrow the choices down you have a limited one or two optimal ones to choose from." - -Embracing

So if you or professor milk come to me saying that you should build complete lifesteal on Trundle I will go into some long drawn out explanation nobody but the guide maker cares about explaining why it isn't the best/most reliable Trundle build.

My grading system is on a 100 point scale in review, and simplified to a 10 point scale for total grade (rounded up) to be posted as my finalized grade for the review.

You will lose points for:
- Lack of champion knowledge
- Lack of visuals
- Lack of readability
- Poor/No explanation of claims
- Poor choice of Runes or item builds
- Limited variability in champion builds
- Very limited, or no coloring variation
- General aesthetics

Bonus points are available but will not take you over the threshold of a 9. I will not downvote your guide because if you put effort in that and ask for my review I will not reward your want to make it better by tearing your confidence to shreds. I will not take off for spelling mistakes, instead I will correct them and embarrass you in front of your other viewers. MUAHAHAHAHAH!

Feel free to discus any part of my critique with me in a pm, I will happily review my what I've said and take your rebuttal into account.

For grades below 6 I will not post the grade, you can request it in a pm if you must see it. I will not give my complete explanation of my entire layout of grading for these scores either. I will simply tell you everything you need to change.

Feel free to request another review, but only after you believe your guide is perfect. Even then, you may not receive a 9 or higher.

Below is what your grade means

1-3: Hurts my eyes man... - You're clearly just trying to waste my time. Do you even know how hard it is to get this score? Doing a scale that's 1 to 10 and having me tell you its extremely hard to get less than a 6 and you get a 1-3? Most likely even glancing at a guide like this makes me despise humanity. If you have a build and really any amount of text afterwards it could probably fetch a 4, so don't sweat.

4-6: ehhhh - This is a rough grade from me... Most likely your entire guide is huge blocks of text with no separations. You have little color, no pictures, most likely with any score like these you're new and this is one of your first guides. That's ok! But even if you're new, if you put forth enough effort, you can do better than this before my review.

7: Pretty decent - I will tell you everything you can change and +upvote . If you put forth the effort, it's hard to get anything less than this from me...

8: Great! - I will +upvote. This score is showing good knowledge of the champion, coding, aesthetics, basically anything that could be wanted in my seat. I'm sure I can still catch some things though.

9: Waow man! - I will +upvote, and +rep. You did very nice, but it just has too many mistakes for the legendary tier.

10: Legendary! - I will +upvote, +rep, and it will be placed in the "Hall of Fame". This score is extremely hard to get. Featured guides are a good basis for this, if your's are as well made as those, you can expect a 10.
Spoiler: Click to view

Format for asking for a review:

Summoner Name:
Current (or highest) rank:
Link to guide:
Special requests:
Something about you (preferably funny):

Also, the text for hall of fame came from Cooltext.com

Only guides updated for season 10 will be reviewed from here on out [2020]
If I helped you, I would appreciate a +rep
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2016 3:30pm | Report
+rep; Thanks for giving back to the community, and helping out others, seth!

I'll be posting here again once I finish up with the guide that i'm working on :)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2016 4:31pm | Report
Thank you utopus, and its no problem, honestly I was getting bored trying to find tiny mistakes in my guide. I'm still going to be looking over that, but found myself opening random guides telling them what I thought they could do... then realized it, I get to do that and look cool with something like this! :). I'm proud you noticed, figured no one had heard of it yet xD.

I don't know if I'll be as good as everyone else is at this, or as formal, but I will do my best to give constructive feedback :)
LukaPavlovic97
<Member>
LukaPavlovic97's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2016 12:57pm | Report
Please review my guide. I tried my best and i am looking whole day at it trying to improve it...
Thanks for helping out others! I am not sure if this will be advertising but here is the link to my guide:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rolling-in-the-deep-448348
LukaPavlovic97
<Member>
LukaPavlovic97's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2016 3:15am | Report
Thanks a lot! You tell in particular what's wrong and how to improve it. I can't help but wonder how i could think that my guide is near perfection. There is a lot of work that needs to be done, and thanks to you i know what i can do.
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2016 2:07pm | Report
No problem Luka. I'm always for helping someone who reminds me of myself. I probably should have put your review in a spoiler but at this point it would just confuse you and anyone else who's already seen it xD. I hope your guide becomes one of the top Malph guides, it certainly has the capability.
Emi
<Fabulous>
Emi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2016 9:48pm | Report
+Rep for the service, and while I'm here, I may as well request a review as well ^_^

Summoner Name: Emikadon
Current (or highest) rank: Plat V currently, had hit Plat II during the season before decaying after weeks of no play.
Link to guide: Click here!
Special requests: I'm actually still in the process of updating the gameplay section to Season 6, but most of the information is still relevant (I think). Having some fresh eyes from someone higher ranked than me would be very useful <3
Something about you (preferably funny): I have an unhealthy obsession with chocolate.

Take your time, and feel no pressure to complete!
Thanks to Ubnoxius for the sig!
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2016 1:44pm | Report
I have just finished your review Emikadon, I hope you like it! It took like 5 hours xD, I hope you find use in my advice (I left a lot of it). You weren't too far off of the 10/10. You have to do some pretty messed up things to get anything less than a 5 on my guide, so that means the top is much more separated.

Thank you for the +rep! (even if you didn't color it purple :P).
Ellesmere
<Member>
Ellesmere's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2016 12:25am | Report
Hey seth, thanks for helping out the community! Already gave you a +Rep for the effort you're making to help others, but I'd love it if you could take some time out to review my guide as well :)

Summoner Name: Ellesmere2
Current (or highest) rank: Plat 2
Link to guide: Udyr - Not So Fireproof
Special requests: I'd love to know what important information you think is missing to make the guide more detailed.
Something about you (preferably funny): I'm deathly afraid of spiders, so every time I play against an elise I get freaked out and avoid fighting her / being near her. Also, I can't stand people thinking that anyone who plays Udyr is obsessed with Trick2g...
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2016 12:49am | Report
Summoner Name: Keanu Reeves
Current (or highest) rank: Diamond 3
Link to guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/combat-medic-soraka-447374
Special requests: As you're reading through the guide be sure to point out wherever your find yourself bored from reading the guide. I'm biased AF and can't troubleshoot that sort of thing on my own.
Something about you (preferably funny): I'm so notorious for sleeping through just about anything that i've built a name for myself
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide