Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Looking for ranked players for research on...

Creator: tuuli October 20, 2014 12:35pm
1 2 3
tuuli
<Member>
tuuli's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 12:35pm | Report
Hey all!

I'm conducting research on League of Legends players and would like to invite you to participate!
The study for my master's thesis in psychology, and my purpose is to explore the relationships between social processes, task load, cognitive processes, play style and performance. It'd be particularly important to get data from ranked players and their teams.

If you're interested, more information about the study can be found on the experiment page. I'd also kindly ask you to forward the link to other players you might know, especially if you play in a ranked team, since I'm hoping to address some hypotheses regarding team cognition.

If you have any questions, my contact information can also be found on the experiment page, and the study can be found at leagueoflegends.web-psychometrics.com
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 12:50pm | Report
ou have been redirected to the front page because of a duplicate user ID. Agreeing to the informed consent will generate a new user ID for you, but you will have to begin over with the experiment.
You have been redirected to the front page because you have no user ID. Agreeing to the informed consent will generate one for you so you can begin the experiment.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
tuuli
<Member>
tuuli's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 1:04pm | Report
Hey!
Glad to see you're interested in participating! :D Try reloading the page - those should pop up only if there's something wrong with your sessionID.
If that doesn't work, could you tell me which OS and browser you're accessing the page with?
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 1:08pm | Report
Interesting stuff.
tuuli
<Member>
tuuli's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 1:19pm | Report
Glad you think so! Once I have enough data, I'll write up a post with interpretation of the results.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 1:55pm | Report
[deleted] wrote:
ou have been redirected to the front page because of a duplicate user ID. Agreeing to the informed consent will generate a new user ID for you, but you will have to begin over with the experiment.
You have been redirected to the front page because you have no user ID. Agreeing to the informed consent will generate one for you so you can begin the experiment.
I had to enable scripts. Also I have P bound to "rek open page" so I kinda lost my session. I'll be back x)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
tuuli
<Member>
tuuli's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 2:04pm | Report
D'aww :( Yea, there's a lot of jQuery in there, so scripts have to be enabled :} Sorry to hear about your lost session!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 2:17pm | Report
Derp I did it 8)

One thing that confused the hell out of me was the ball thing like I didn't know what exactly you meant by "steps" I figured it was movements so I wrote however many I thought were needed based on the size of the ball and assumed that going up by 1 on the stick counted as one movement... 8)
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
tuuli
<Member>
tuuli's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 2:36pm | Report
Thanks! :} The idea with that task is that you imagine you're lifting the balls and putting them back down. I think the instructions might not be the clearest. I'm thinking of making a new version where you'd click the balls and move them with your mouse, but that'll have to be for some other study in the future. Thanks for the feedback!
NorthernRedStar
<Member>
NorthernRedStar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 20, 2014 3:08pm | Report
Do you have multi-lingual parents from 2 different countries? You're North/Mid-European and I'd wager you have been an exhange student at some point. Or perhaps you've moved due to a relationship or family business.

I did this just before going asleep, but it should be fine.
Bow to the Void

1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide