Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My 3 Day Ranked Journey

Creator: CrimsonSkyz November 3, 2012 9:09am
Le Pro of d00m
<Member>
Le Pro of d00m's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 8:44pm | Report
Looks great! im encouraged to try and do a almost identical thing in a few days! keep this up! =)
Rengar guide Here! New Irelia guide Here!

CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
CrimsonSkyz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 9:31pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

no offense but I think you should gaine some more knowledge before you start blaming everyone else for losing or saying stuff you don't really know about. I mean no offense but take a look at your own score. You might not be the sole reason your team lost, but you're definitely a reason.

In order to win low elo games, you have to maximize your own impact on the game, going 2/6 or 0/7 minimizes your impact on the game since you won't have much gold and experience, whereas the enemy will have more experience and gold, it just snowballs out of control. Just saiyan.

Well I admit am putting too much blame on people and I know it is also my fault. When I think back there were things I could've done(i.e. ping more, yell at them to go back(because when I typed lowercase they don't listen...), etc).

There were a few bad plays on my part like get baited. I agree those scores were horrible. It was actually my 2nd time playing Maokai ever(bought him today). I thought he was really fun and did pretty good in a normal match so I decided to try him out in ranked. Wasn't too good of an idea. Sorry for sounding like someone who always tries to put the blame others. Forgot to include my own failures in my rage :(

I mainly went 0/7 because I was the support and I tried to get whoever on my team was there fed. When I knew that person could secure the kill I backed away and let him have it. Does that mean I should get some kills as a support?

I'll add in the failures/mistakes I made into my posts. Because forgetting to put them is giving people the wrong idea of me lol.

[deleted] wrote:

I carried myself to 1500 elo by supporting solo queue, jus saying.

Support plays an incredible role on your team, if you are good enough you can win botlane easily by your actions and decide the rest of the game with your team fight influence.

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS! D;
Atm my worst role is support. I try to keep my ADC alive but he always dies. I tell him to back away when I see the enemy jungler coming and he does, sometimes, but by then we are somewhat low on health. Then the enemy jungler, ADC, and support dive us and get a kill on the ADC. I use whatever I can to help the ADC live but most of the time he dies. Should I just tell him to fall back all the way? Or what?
Unleash the Beast
Currently on vacation~
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 10:01pm | Report
Another problem with me is that I rely on myself to much. I think everything I do is right and what I see wrong is wrong. So I blame people who make "mistakes" when I made several of them too. I don't do this all the time but it happens. Ranked is more team oriented and requires a lot of coordination and cooperation with players in a team. The way I act now isn't helping much. It's a habit I'm trying to break but habits are hard to get rid of since I'm so used to it.

Because of my sense of independence I try to get fed and carry the game myself. I guess there's also a sense of arrogance/cockiness there. I try to save my own skin before saving a teammate who isn't as fed as me so I think it's more important that I live and he doesn't if it really comes to that point. If the person is more fed than me I'll sacrifice my own life to protect them. I guess this isn't a good thing to do in ranked.

Instead of saving my own skin I should try to save that teammate's life so that he doesn't get even more behind the rest of our team, give the enemy team another kill, and become dead weight to our team. Instead of sacrificing my life I should try to make sure that I don't die either so that the enemy team doesn't get another kill and gain a small advantage.

This is what I thought of after having some time to think about my ranked games so far. It's one thing but has a huge impact on my team and I so I guess I'm not ready for ranked yet. There's probably a lot more things that I do wrong but for now I just thought of that. I'll try to get out of this shell of mine before I ever try playing ranked again. Today my "ranked journey" ends! I guess this thread shouldn't be called a "3 day ranked journey" anymore xD. More like a 1 1/2 day journey.
Unleash the Beast
Currently on vacation~
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 12:35am | Report
Why wouldn't you just keep playing ranked for whenever you feel "tryhard"?

Whenever i really wanna win my game, i play ranked and focus. When i just play to try out AP xin zhao i play normals.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 9:33am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

You're absolutely right and you can do it, but I'd say it's easier/faster to play a carry and feed on baddies unless support is your main role.

Potentially I find it more hazardous having a bad support rather then a bad AD.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2012 4:05pm | Report
@Pølsemanden
Hmm... I never thought of it that way. At the start of the journey I just went all out playing one ranked after another even though I didn't feel "tryhard" for some of them. Maybe that's one of the many reasons of why I lost. A lack of motivation.

I also admit I go pretty cocky after the three straight wins as Hecarim. I thought to myself,"Wow this is going to be easy." Turns out, I was completely wrong! I can't always win and I can't always play Hecarim. I have to help fill in the other roles when needed.

I just stopped trying to play ranked continuously because I don't think I'm ready for that kind of competitive play. There's a lot more tension and stakes to playing ranked compared to normal games. So far you will definitely get honored for doing good and you will definitely be reported for doing bad. That's how it's been for all my ranked matches so far. I don't think I want to risk losing a lot of ranked games due to my inexperience, get reported, get banned, etc. Maybe after a few more months, I'll start playing all ranked once I'm ready anyways.

[deleted] wrote:

Potentially I find it more hazardous having a bad support rather then a bad AD.

I agree with oxide. I feel like a big reason of why I lost all those ranked games was because I am a horrible support. Part of it was also the ADCs fault but yea. If I can't protect my ADC well then he won't do so good either. Maybe that's why I hate being support. Causing my team to lose because I couldn't get my ADC fed enough to fulfill his role.

I can completely relate to how the ADC feels if he or she has bad support. A good example of that experience was the ranked game I played, when I was Miss Fortune with a Nidalee as "support".
Balance is key
Currently on vacation~
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 4:54pm | Report
as supprt, make sure ou know what the champ you are playing is good at, and how he synegises with the ad. also, pay attention to enemy ad carry pick. eg, you migth need to reconsider picking blitz or leona if you see a ez/soraka lane.

Sig made by Aquilegia
CrimsonSkyz
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2012 9:40pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

as supprt, make sure ou know what the champ you are playing is good at, and how he synegises with the ad. also, pay attention to enemy ad carry pick. eg, you migth need to reconsider picking blitz or leona if you see a ez/soraka lane.

I see :O. I've always picked Taric so I guess that's a big problem for my ADC if we don't have any synergy D:
Time to buy some support champs! Ty for the tip :D
Unleash the Beast
Currently on vacation~
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 10:03am | Report
Because soraka counters blitz and leona so ****ing well owait :o
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 8, 2012 10:39am | Report
Quoted:

Because soraka counters blitz and leona so ****ing well owait :o

i didn't say anthing resembling that. if soraka plays behind ez, it won't be so easy bc ez blinks and soraka heals him back.
sure, get soraka, if you can.

As requested to GMD himself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide