Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New Tear/AA Staff!!

Creator: Acid Reigns November 8, 2012 8:32pm
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 1:45am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

But that is 250 health plus a possible shield at at least 600 health. From one item. Add to that the mana regeneration and approximately 135 ap. Not bad at all really.

Quoted:
UNIQUE Active: Drains 25% of your current mana to shield yourself for an equal amount for 2.5 seconds - 120 second cooldown.

First of all; it costs mana to use it. Second, 25% = 1/4th of your current mana. 4x600 = 2400 mana. I doubt you'd use it when you have so much mana left. Third, I'm saying that you shouldn't buy items with massive amount of mana because it will also give you some hp. If the item proves to be actually very strong on Singed, which I doubt, it's fine to build it. However, don't go and buy items just because your fancy passive makes it more cost-efficient. No one builds Warmog's on Vlad anymore either.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 1:46am | Report
GMD its not the passive for singed its the fact that it works with his poison trail now because its whenever you use mana, which means it works with toggleable things now, please read the post before you say something like that =[

also he would have 250 hp plus a shield of 600ish hp as an active

charging it to 750 would be pretty easy since you get 4 extra each time so you only need to use mana/cast a spell 188ish times (sounds pretty easy with singed poison trail or anyone with low CD spells) and since it has a 3 second cd it would take about 9-10 minutes to fully charge if you did it every 3 seconds, so probably 15-20 minutes normally meaning this would be a pretty good item to pick up early to me
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 1:51am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

GMD its not the passive for singed its the fact that it works with his poison trail now because its whenever you use mana, which means it works with toggleable things now, please read the post before you say something like that =[

also he would have 250 hp plus a shield of 600ish hp as an active

charging it to 750 would be pretty easy since you get 4 extra each time so you only need to use mana/cast a spell 188ish times (sounds pretty easy with singed poison trail or anyone with low CD spells) and since it has a 3 second cd it would take about 9-10 minutes to fully charge if you did it every 3 seconds, so probably 15-20 minutes normally meaning this would be a pretty good item to pick up early to me

The fact you want to build it on Singed is because of his passive; think! The only reason people ever wanted to build Tear on Singed was because of his passive not because he needs the bazillion amount of mana so badly.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 1:59am | Report
actually i wanna build it on singed because it works with his poison trail whereas before it didnt work, and you get a shield too since you never really go below 25% mana with singed (at least i havnt and you said so yourself he doesnt need bazillion mana) you can actually use the shield for when your ult runs out but youre getting focused or to use DURING your ult to make their first attacks actually more useless

he benefits a lot from the new Tear because now it actually works on his main source of damage, gives him more ap, does work with his passive to give him hp, and gives him a strongish shield(specially cuz yer gonna be stacking mana on him anyways so itll end up being more than a 600 hp shield), the only real "wasted" stat this item would give singed is mana regen which isnt that bad considering you use every single other part of the item
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 2:05am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

actually i wanna build it on singed because it works with his poison trail whereas before it didnt work, and you get a shield too since you never really go below 25% mana with singed (at least i havnt and you said so yourself he doesnt need bazillion mana) you can actually use the shield for when your ult runs out but youre getting focused or to use DURING your ult to make their first attacks actually more useless

he benefits a lot from the new Tear because now it actually works on his main source of damage, gives him more ap, does work with his passive to give him hp, and gives him a strongish shield(specially cuz yer gonna be stacking mana on him anyways so itll end up being more than a 600 hp shield), the only real "wasted" stat this item would give singed is mana regen which isnt that bad considering you use every single other part of the item

I doubt that the active will make spending so much gold on the mana he doesn't need worth it. Just buying it because it now works with his poison trail is a weird thing to do.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 2:18am | Report
i dont think youre understanding, it gives him EXTRA MANA AND ALSO GIVES HIM SOMETHING TO USE THAT EXTRA MANA ON, since he isnt mana hungry he can actually use the active shield on this item and STILL BE USEFUL, buying this is essentially the same as buying DFG, it gives you a new skill but the thing about this one is that it gives you the mana to use the spell

you said people wanted to buy it before because it gave mana when it didnt work on his poison trail, now that it does work with his poison trail it makes more sense to buy it on him, therefore its not weird because people bought it for him before when it didnt really work

EDIT: id love to continue discussing this with you but im gonna sleep so dont expect another reply from me in for another 12ish hours
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 2:29am | Report
Great so perma **** trail all over the map

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 2:31am | Report
Gonna post something good in like 20 mins at work, don't want to write long on my cell
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 2:34am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

i dont think youre understanding, it gives him EXTRA MANA AND ALSO GIVES HIM SOMETHING TO USE THAT EXTRA MANA ON, since he isnt mana hungry he can actually use the active shield on this item and STILL BE USEFUL, buying this is essentially the same as buying DFG, it gives you a new skill but the thing about this one is that it gives you the mana to use the spell

you said people wanted to buy it before because it gave mana when it didnt work on his poison trail, now that it does work with his poison trail it makes more sense to buy it on him, therefore its not weird because people bought it for him before when it didnt really work

EDIT: id love to continue discussing this with you but im gonna sleep so dont expect another reply from me in for another 12ish hours

Tip: Using caps doesn't make you more convincing.

Anyway, it seems you didn't even read what I typed. I'm saying that just buying it for the active doesn't seem worth it to me and he isn't really putting all that mana to use somewhere else hence I think it still doesn't make a great item on Singed.

You said you should but it because it didn't work on him before and now it does. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

P.S. May you not die a gruesome and painful death whilst asleep because then you won't be able to respond to this comment.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 9, 2012 3:10am | Report
So now I am at work and can reply without getting a hernia(sic?).

Now I am a low elo noob and my opinions are mine alone. But I found a fully loaded AA staff worth it on Singed even before the remake, his problem was he couldn't charge it. With RoA, AA (SE) Singed will have around 2800 mana with both items fully loaded. This means not only will he have 84 ap from mana alone, he will have 144 ap from AA Staff alone. 80 from RoA and another 80 from Rylais. So around 300 ap from those three items, that gives him all the stats he needs while stile being kinda beefy.

If you go for an early Catalyst, then build tear after (or the other way around if you can't afford the catalyst first time back and new tear is cheap as hell)you get the early tankiness and still can use EVERY singel part of the items. That mana regen on tear is useful until like 1.2k mana total or something.

If you want to go supertanky I'd go Mercs or Tabi, AA(SE), RoA, Rylais, Randuins and Banshee's. If you do want to go more ***** for them to run in your trail, exchange Randuins and Banshee's for Zhonyas and Abyssal. Another 170 ap with more resistances.

But in general,I feel like most if not all parts of AA(SE) are useful for Singed now that you can actually charge it.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide