Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2015 6:19am | Report

May I ask if you know reliable guides for them? Thank you!

Foom~

Unfortunately, I can't point you in the right direction with this one - It's against forum rules to promote guides. I'll give you a hint though: I think that there's 1 OK Vladimir guide, and 0 good Lissandra guides currently published here.

I've played both Lissandra and Vladimir top lane before, so if you're still struggling with either of those champions, let me know and i'll see if I can publish a guide for one of them.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2015 6:40am | Report
Probuilds.net is also pretty good

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2015 6:44am | Report
utopus wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't point you in the right direction with this one - It's against forum rules to promote guides. I'll give you a hint though: I think that there's 1 OK Vladimir guide, and 0 good Lissandra guides out currently.

You're allowed to suggest and talk about guides within context, you're just not allowed to shamelessly advertise where it's not warranted. Since he's asking for guides, you can feel free to give him some suggestions if you feel there are guides up to par!
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2015 10:25am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
Probuilds.net is also pretty good

Seeing this website... I do not know, confused? I know they are pros in competitive playing in LoL, but I do not see this as reliable... :) Thanks for your suggestion, though!

utopus wrote:

I'll give you a hint though: I think that there's 1 OK Vladimir guide, and 0 good Lissandra guides currently published here.

I saw this guide about Vladimir, and maybe there will be bloodshed (pun unintended) when I get to play him more. And in the case of Lissandra, I noticed one guide albeit it is not updated to this season. Thanks for the hint!
Thanks to MissMaw for the sig!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2015 10:58am | Report

Seeing this website... I do not know, confused? I know they are pros in competitive playing in LoL, but I do not see this as reliable... :) Thanks for your suggestion, though!

It's probably the most reliable way to get setups and build paths, to be honest. You can see what the most picked items are and you can see what the most popular setups are for the best players in the world. It's just a database recording what pro players built, so it can be a little confusing, but once you know how to navigate it to fit your designs, it's probably the current most reliable resource out there.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2015 11:10am | Report
I'm thinking about an all-around - to-go if you will - top lane champion. I love my Rumble but nowadays it seems very team reliant so I decided to pick up a new one. I've been thinking about Shyvana or Vladimir but I would take any other suggestions.

Somehow I just cannot get used to QWER facerolling champions like Fiora or Riven so besides them.
djPoet
<Member>
djPoet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2015 12:05pm | Report
Blian wrote:
I'm thinking about an all-around - to-go if you will - top lane champion. I love my Rumble but nowadays it seems very team reliant so I decided to pick up a new one. I've been thinking about Shyvana or Vladimir but I would take any other suggestions.

Somehow I just cannot get used to QWER facerolling champions like Fiora or Riven so besides them.

I would buy Shyvana. She was my first champion to buy, and i love her so much. She has no CC, except her ult, but thats not so much. Compared to Vladimir its still good, cause Vlad has only his pool as a slow. Also i played both, and i found Shyvana more tanky, better duelist and she becames one of those 1 vs 3 bosses who are in the game (like Nasus). I also like that she has hybrid dmg, Vlad is only ap.
So i prefer Shyvana, but its up to you :).

(btw sorry for my bad english, first post at mobafire :D)
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2015 1:25pm | Report
Blian wrote:

Renekton and Irelia would be my go-to all-round picks. They can both itemize offensively, defensively and a mixture of both depending on your needs. They're pretty straightforward to pick up too.

Another personal favourite of mine is Ryze. Doesn't necessarily have the best early game, but playing him is straightforward and he has a little bit of everything except tower taking, lol.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 16, 2015 1:30pm | Report
Blian wrote:

O___O Rumble is amazing at solo carrying...

And Fiora and Riven aren't faceroll qwer champions either. They take far more skill to utilize effectively over a champion like Rumble...

If you don't want to stick to Rumble you can play Vladimir. He's my go-to pick for both mid and top when I don't know what to play. Only downside to Vladimir top is that he has no cc and you have to alleviate that through other lanes.

Shyvana lives or dies by the tank meta though. Vladimir does fine in other metas.
Mesty
<Member>
Mesty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 9:00am | Report
So I an only level 15 and I am trying to learn Support but all I have right now is Allistar and Morgana. I was thinking of getting Thresh and Nautilus. Are these good champs for support?
-U.S. Air Force-

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide