Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 6:36pm | Report
Mesty wrote:
So I an only level 15 and I am trying to learn Support but all I have right now is Allistar and Morgana. I was thinking of getting Thresh and Nautilus. Are these good champs for support?

They're pretty good supports (Although I think Nautylus is a little overplayed atm), however they aren't the easiest supports to play. You have to hit their hooks to truly be effective, but I would recommend Blitzcrank if you're looking for a support.

I'm split between like Diana, Vi, Yasuo, and Malzahar right now. I don't know who I want to buy. My favorite role is jungle, but I'm trying to expand to other roles. I really enjoy all three, and I just don't know who to buy. I'm a really bad Yasuo, so I was thinking of buying him so I could get better at him, but then again, I am a good Vi and Diana and only an ok Malzahar. So I just don't know.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2015 7:25am | Report
Mesty wrote:
So I an only level 15 and I am trying to learn Support but all I have right now is Allistar and Morgana. I was thinking of getting Thresh and Nautilus. Are these good champs for support?

Yes, truly they are good support champions because of their hooks (I like Thresh's hook more than Nautilus') and abilities that are gamechanging.

Since you prefer (according to your selections) tanky support champions, here's what I recommend:

Leona - tanky champion that becomes more tankier with Eclipse, has all-in potential because of Zenith Blade, and has 2 crowd control (CC) abilities; can be used close-range ( Shield of Daybreak) and one has a long range to initiate teamifghts ( Solar Flare).

Braum - also a tanky champion, he slows down enemies with his Winter's Bite, soaks up most of the enemy team's damage by Unbreakable, makes boost his and his ally's defenses because of Stand Behind Me, and a gamechanging CC because of his ult ( Glacial Fissure).

Malphite - originally seen often in the top lane, I use this guy as a support because he is tanky and provides good CC. He slows enemies by his Seismic Shard, it has an armor and attack damage buff because of Brutal Strikes, which is good when using Ground Slam, and it is a good initiator because of his ult ( Unstoppable Force).

Other choices are Volibear, Nunu & Willump, and Lulu. But I don't have enough experience form them to explain their playstyles. (I am not playing Braum but I observed his playstyle for a long time.)
Thanks The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2015 7:43am | Report
So I'm gonna jump in here and say please don't recommend someone play Malphite or Volibear support, even if they're not level 30. Neither of them are particularly worth playing as supports. There's no reason to play either of those if he plans to get Thresh and Nautilus.

Nunu & Willump isn't great as a support anymore, but since the guy is level 15 he can kinda make that work and he's cheap.

I'd recommend Annie (pretty easy to pick up and she has a lot of CC to throw around), Soraka (teaches you the value of resources), and Janna (the queen of peel, also fairly inexpensive, but one of the strongest supports in the game). Braum, Lulu, and Leona are all pretty decent, but since they cost quite a bit more IP I'd see if you can play them in a free week before saving up the IP to buy one of them. It's rough if you buy an expensive champion at low levels and turn out to hate them.
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2015 11:22pm | Report
mk so here's my list and why I want them:
Vayne - Whenever i play her on rotation I always dominate like crazy and a friend of mine that's in challenger even said i have amazing mechanics with her and I just find her really fun to play. A definate possibility.

Xerath - Something appeals to me about being a high damage burst mage capable of oneshotting you while still being far enough away that you cant do much in return. Of course his early damage is a pitfall.

Skarner - I saw a Skarner dominate one time and I thought it was hilarious and wouldn't mind playing him.

Orianna - I've never one lane against an Ori... ever. Really strong and she can easily oneshot whole teams while being retty tanky ebacuse of taht shield.

Olaf - Main plus side here is I can buy him immediately and dont have to spend an extra day or 2 to get to 4800. But Olaf is pretty OP in my experience, if he's against a melee heavy team/laner he'll be a god because as long as he's hitting you he can survive most encounters.
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Made by yours truly c:
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2015 12:35pm | Report
Vem skulle jag får nästa?

LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2015 1:59pm | Report
Wait for Ekko :p

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2015 5:05am | Report
These are the choices:

Zac: Tried him when he was free and was not disappoined. Good clear times, strong ganks, nice initiator, tanky and fun to play.
Hecarim: Only played him once but I liked him too. Don't know a whole lot about him, could use some advice.
Elise: By far the most interesting champion out of these 3 for me. She's good overall (I think?), has good ganks and high skill cap doesn't worry me (I'll get the hang of it, eventually... won't I?).

I need help deciding which one to buy. You can mention other junglers if you'd like. I'd also like you to state 1-2 reasons that made you choose. ´
Thanks in advance :)

I did not notice this thread existed >__>
Raptr
<Member>
Raptr's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 26, 2015 4:27pm | Report
Other than Ashe, what ranged Champion is good for new players? Two or three suggestions would be great. Simple builds to go along with them would be awesome!

Thanks.
Check out Plays.tv or Raptr.com!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2015 1:54am | Report
Raptr wrote:
Other than Ashe, what ranged Champion is good for new players? Two or three suggestions would be great. Simple builds to go along with them would be awesome!

Thanks.

Do you mean ADCs (Attack Damage Carries) or ranged champions in general?
Raptr
<Member>
Raptr's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2015 11:15am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

Do you mean ADCs (Attack Damage Carries) or ranged champions in general?

In general might be a good start. Trying to just get better with a few and get solid builds working. I don't want to jump into team fights right away, so maybe someone I can poke a bit with at first?
Check out Plays.tv or Raptr.com!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide