Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 9, 2015 10:43pm | Report
The spam is real
Thanks Emikadon for the sig!
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
RustyGrayWOLF
<Member>
RustyGrayWOLF's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 10:55am | Report
Should I buy Anivia or Talon? Never played either of them. I already have: Ahri, Alistar, Ashe, Garen, Gnar, Teemo, Tristana, Twisted Fate and Volibear. So who should I buy? Or should I buy a completely different one?
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 12:36pm | Report
Should I buy Anivia or Talon?

Anivia is a mage with heavy damage late-game and some strong utility that allows for good plays. She doesn't have any mobility and her CC is heavily skill-based (look for any anivia wall compilation video for the most borderline pro examples), but once you get a hold of her kit, the damage is sick and you're the one winning the teamfights.

Right now she's quite out of meta though, so I would recommend another mage in her place, like orianna or vel'koz (both with good teamfighting, orianna is a more solid pick while vel'koz has great damage and a high skill cap... iirc vel'koz is mostly used support though).

Talon is a mobile assassin. He has a more straightforward kit, but he still has some playmaking potential (dodging stuff with the blink looks awesome). Your role would be more of a lonely wolf though, trying to kill carries and stuff like that. He's a solid pick, even though he suffers for the first 3-5 levels, as any melee mid does.

Comparing them is quite apples to oranges. Right now I prefer talon, but last year my main mid was anivia. I guess it's all on what's your favourite way of playing. Like assassins? Go for talon. Like mages? Go for anivia.

Seeing the champions you named, you could use playing an assassin, just to see if that's what floats your boat. Talon is, in my opinion, one of the best assassins to start with the role.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2015 12:39pm | Report
Answering to your last question, i'd say that you should buy whoever you think you'd enjoy to play. About Anivia or Talon, they're both very difficult to play imo and very different champs. Talon is an all in assassin, while Anivia is an high damage mage, very squishy, mana hungry. Talon needs more skill then anivia imho, but he's much more funnier in my opinion. After all it depends on your tastes and in what you enjoy doing most.
"Such fascinating evolution."
terrorearl
<Member>
terrorearl's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2015 12:35pm | Report
Anivia is very mana dependant, i expect you are not even lvl 30, so your teammates doesnt give you a bluebuff which is pretty much must have for anivia. So i reccomend talon. And he is way easier to play, just learn the combo and jump the carry or go splitpush ;) if you like mages and want one of them get viktor, as he is pretty bursty and not really hard to play. Or as an assasin option i reccomend katarina, she is strong in teamfights and when not focused she deals tons of damage :) katarina is best midlane pick to lower elo :)
Sentinel Hydra
<Member>
Sentinel Hydra's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2015 6:37pm | Report
I am looking for a champion that can carry games, isn't terribly mana reliant, and is somewhat meta right now. I also only play mid, top or jg. Preferably I like people that has lots of damage. It can be a mage, tank, assassain, you name it as long as it follows those rules. Any suggestions?
Whaddup I suck at LoL and am Bronze but you dont need to know that :)
terrorearl
<Member>
terrorearl's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 2:14am | Report
Damage, sololaner not mana reliant and a bit in meta? Try Rumble as he has no mana, he is strong toplaner with tons of dmg when you position yourself or The Equalizer well
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 6:52am | Report
I am looking for a champion that can carry games, isn't terribly mana reliant, and is somewhat meta right now. I also only play mid, top or jg. Preferably I like people that has lots of damage. It can be a mage, tank, assassain, you name it as long as it follows those rules. Any suggestions?

Rengar Renekton Riven Yasuo Gnar Cho'Gath(actually many people do not know how to play againist cho, and he outsustains most of top laners, and if you are at least a little good with him you can carry games)

those are some that popped up in my mind, but there are more
"No way - Never - Can't cut it off before I've even had a chance to use it once!"
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 7:31am | Report
Chogath is supermana reliant pumpkin.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2015 7:40am | Report
it deals some damage with AAs too if we take in account E, also i nominated him cause he isn't so mana hungry afterall, just a catalyst+passive is enough to sustain for life.
"Cross over."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide