Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Improving Skills (Newbie Questions)

Creator: NoAlarms October 29, 2012 8:44pm
NoAlarms
<Member>
NoAlarms's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 8:44pm | Report
Hello, fellas.

Im playing this game for a few months, and Im trying to improve my gameplay.
I have some questions here, and Id love if you guys share your knowledgment with me.

1- Wich is the shortcuts to use the itens (like potions) ?
2- Is it a good idea to smartcast all your spells? How can I know when to smartcast or not?
3- (AD CARRY QUESTION): When should I double dorian blade or just pick 1 and go to the next iten ?

Thanks so much, and I apologize my poor english.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 8:52pm | Report
Hello NoAlarms!

For your questions:

1 - The shortcut is, y the fault, the number where you placed your item. If you have a potion on item slot 1, press "1". You may drag items occupying a certain slot into another of your choice as you would, say, a folder on your pc. This is useful for placing items with Actives in slot numbers you'll remember;
2 - Depends on the spells in question. Some, like The Equalizer, are kinda hard to smartcast (or is it part of the past? I don't smartcast that much, except with spammers like Syndra). See what you're comfortable with, not all top players smartcast, it's not a requirement.
3 - It depends if you're ahead or behind. If you feel like you're very ahead, you may save (or buy) a B.F. Sword/ Zeal (depends on the carry, but most of the time B.F. Sword is better). If you feel like you're even or behind the enemy carry (C.S. and Kills shows you the way) you should get at least double doran's.

Your english was fine ;)
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 9:48pm | Report
Imo it's generally good to get one Doran's Blade. If your lane is going pretty well and you have enough money for something else when you go back you should skip the second. Sometimes you might skip buying any at all if you're confident or a long way ahead.

Never buy more than two, it isn't worth it.
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 1:35am | Report
NoAlarms wrote:

Hello, fellas.

Im playing this game for a few months, and Im trying to improve my gameplay.
I have some questions here, and Id love if you guys share your knowledgment with me.

1- Wich is the shortcuts to use the itens (like potions) ?
2- Is it a good idea to smartcast all your spells? How can I know when to smartcast or not?
3- (AD CARRY QUESTION): When should I double dorian blade or just pick 1 and go to the next iten ?

Thanks so much, and I apologize my poor english.

1.You an smartcast item slots.
2.I have for the past 7 months now and it has helped my gameplay exceptionally.
3.Double Doran's when your against a bursty lane and you need the HP.

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Raiyuzaki
<Member>
Raiyuzaki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 3:59am | Report
You should get Doran's items if you're even/losing your lane. The reason is that it gives you amazing stats for the low cost, but the downside is that they don't build into anything. The idea is that you use Doran's to recover and get some kills, which will enable you to build something more useful.
NoAlarms
<Member>
NoAlarms's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2012 7:04am | Report
I really appreciate all the help, guys.

You all rock!

Thanks
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2012 4:20am | Report
imo the best way is to smartcast every spell
and have the non-smartcast version on shift+spellbutton, so its just swapped.
that allows you to use rly fast smartcasting but at the same time aim spells you have more time for, need to be more diligent with
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2012 11:34am | Report
Here's advice from personal experience: turn off vectors in options, that way you won't lose too much time dragging arrows for skillshots (like length of olaf Q or lee sin Q).
It helped me a lot, I don't derp so much anymore with just below range skillshot and you can easier see area range of spell.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide