Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Facelift, New Homepage, Build Search,...

Creator: Matt October 9, 2012 6:37pm
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 12:36pm | Report
Love your sig matt.

And i agree with Throatslasher, at least 50%(if not more) of the featured guides are garbage or just bad, and this should be fixed.
Completely remove the whole option to search for a featured guide and just put them on top of the guide search function.
Example of how this could look like:This would of course need for the featured guides to actually not be garbage, this could be done by removing all featured guides which are currently featured and make some good player task force who reviews the top guides for each champ and picks out 1 guide for each champ.
Since you got a content reviewer(or something like that) this should be a task not too far out of your grasp, if you can't afford to put paid help onto this matter, i'm sure some plat or gold players of the community would be glad to help out.

Do you have plans for when another mobafire tourney's gonna be held?

Are you or flashj gonna join in on an inhouse?
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 3:02pm | Report
The quality of featured guides and the Scout system are issues we are aware of and working to address.

Also I think 1500 is fine for "high elo" when you compare it to the vast majority of readers and authors that are much lower than that (of course, I'm a bit biased :P). If you asked an actual professional player what they thought of a 1700 or 1800 player's game knowledge, they'd probably tell you it's lacking. No matter what number we pick, it's always going to be relative. 1500 is low enough to be achievable, but high enough that it rises above the average player.

And I looked to see if it was possible to search or filter guides by the elo of the authors, but no such thing exists outside of the 5 guides on the front page (unless I missed it). Would be kinda nice to have such a feature.

On a related note, this page needs to be restricted to verified elos only for reasons that should be extremely obvious.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 3:12pm | Report
By restricted, do you mean able to see it?
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 3:41pm | Report
What polse said is genius I and I approve it

Im sure its platinum approved as well
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 4:05pm | Report
A while after season 2 began, like last November/December, I duo queued with a friend. At the end of our placement matches, we were hovering around 1600 ELO. We got kind of cocky and thought, "Oh wow, we're pretty good at this game now." We played some more games around this ELO and started to actually lose more frequently. In reality, we were pretty noobish and we wound up around 1400-1500 after some more games. The pool of people at 1200-1500 is so large and volatile that many 1500s seem to be random lottery winners who climbed from 1200 to 1500 by luck of the draw. I do understand how the majority of the site is nowhere near 1500, but 1500 does seem pretty low.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Aharan
<Video Contributor>
Aharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 6:38pm | Report
I like the new redesign, very nice, very polished.
The only issue I have is that you tucked the video section away from the main page.
It took me awhile to figure out where the thing was so I could add something.

Not a big deal, loving the redesign. Just a minor pet peeve.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2012 11:00pm | Report
3% of the entire LoL player base is >1500 elo.

3%.

Not 25% or 75% or 10%, 3%.

I'd say that anyone writing guides for MobaFire sitting on or above 1500 elo deserves to be called "High Elo". While 1500 isn't Diamond or Plat, being 1500 elo is rare.

There are 30+ million LoL players.

That means there are 1 million LoL players with elos higher than 1500.

Unless suddenly every single of those players writes a guide for MobaFire, I think it's pretty safe to say that keeping the threshold 1500+ is narrow enough for this guide site.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:29am | Report
Naaaaaaaah. Plat op.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:48am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

3% of the entire LoL player base is >1500 elo.

3%.

Not 25% or 75% or 10%, 3%.

I'd say that anyone writing guides for MobaFire sitting on or above 1500 elo deserves to be called "High Elo". While 1500 isn't Diamond or Plat, being 1500 elo is rare.

There are 30+ million LoL players.

That means there are 1 million LoL players with elos higher than 1500.

Unless suddenly every single of those players writes a guide for MobaFire, I think it's pretty safe to say that keeping the threshold 1500+ is narrow enough for this guide site.

because 1 million people totally isn't a lot of people. Even 3% of Mobafire's population is probably to many people.

Nighthawk wrote: I might not have the most posts but i'm pretty sure I have the most *****.
Searz wrote: ^ QFT
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 7:53am | Report
Using the population to determine the standard of players is to be honest really dumb.

Look at the SATs

People, on average, get 1500.
I can only list one person in my school who got less than that and my school isn't even near an elitist school.

The main reason people get so low on the SATs is because people don't care or are inherently dumb.

The people who remotely care / are talentedare at 1700~1900
The best are from 2100~2400.

Same applies for LoL.

Most of the playerbase consists of people who don't care or people who are bad.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide